Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mormonism and Scientology....

Lots of religions were once considered cults. The Roman Catholic Church is at the top of that list.
    As long as the religion doesn't call for kissing rattlesnakes, killing domestic animals and eating them, raping people or violence I am basically ok with it. I may have missed a negative criterium, but basically.
    Islam does not meet my criteria as not being a cult as it's practicioners extol violence. It is the only major religion which insists on violence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Think about it, weak minded fool

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    I LOL'd

What are the differences?

Everyone who is ready to vote for Romney. Explain the differences between electing Tom Cruise and Mitt.

I want concise differences. Not the normal brushing off like your party is famous for.
    1) Mitt Romney is a successful businessman. Tom Cruise is an actor with no experience relevant to the position.

2) Mitt Romney has been the executive of a large and important state. Tom Cruise hasn't.

3) In that context, Mitt Romney has worked across the aisle to get things done. Tom Cruise . . .

I could continue, but I think you get the point. Religion just doesn't enter into the equation

Brother Plumber showing his true colors again.

Who's the bigot?

The person that cares or the person that belongs to a cult that thinks that anyone who doesn't believe in the same thing is going to be burned alive for thousands of years....and who believes that anyone who doesn't go to a Mormon church is a sub-human who will toss the salad of real Mormons in Mormon heaven?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    This is one of the dumber threads I've seen here. I couldn't explain the difference between Christianity, Islam or Mormonism as all three believe exactly what you said above regarding non members of their respective religions. All three are centered around one person that claimed to have a "revelation" and to be a prophet. If you can tell me the reason you are so obsessed with Mormonism as opposed to Christianity or Islam both of which preach that heathens or non-believers will burn in hell then I will do some research in to Scientology to highlight some possible differences. As of this moment I know little to nothing about Scientology so it is impossible to answer your very clearly ignorant and bigoted question.

All Pro
    Different brands of self-righteous mythology, nothing more, nothing less.

If I decided to vote for Romney it would't be because he is a Mormon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    1) Mitt Romney is a successful businessman. Tom Cruise is an actor with no experience relevant to the position.

2) Mitt Romney has been the executive of a large and important state. Tom Cruise hasn't.

3) In that context, Mitt Romney has worked across the aisle to get things done. Tom Cruise . . .

I could continue, but I think you get the point. Religion just doesn't enter into the equation
    1.) Cruise can fly a Tomcat. Romney can't.

2.) Cruise can rappel into a secure vault without being detected. Romney can't.

3.) Cruise can open his mouth and speak 15% of the time w/o seemimg like a giant, pus-filled douchebag. Romney can't.

Also

Tom Cruise. Smart enough to use his middle name "Kruse" opposed to "Mapother" as his last name.

Mitt Romney. Dumb enough to abandon being called "Will". Instead opts to be referred to the same name as a commonly used piece of athletic equipment popular in baseball.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 09-23-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

3.) Cruise can open his mouth and speak 15% of the time w/o seemimg like a giant, pus-filled douchebag. Romney can't.

Also

Tom Cruise. Smart enough to use his middle name "Kruse" opposed to "Mapother" as his last name.

Mitt Romney. Dumb enough to abandon being called "Will". Instead opts to be referred to the same name as a commonly used piece of athletic equipment popular in baseball.

Do you have any idea how you are coming off here?

Just curious.

-

Hall Of Fame
    I'm beginning to hope Mitt wins so we can all watch the inevitable PK meltdown that would ensue.

Hall Of Fame

Also

this sounds like the typical "in-depth" reasoning from lefties.

also.... Cruise would send all those greedy wall-streeters to the RPF.

Jets Insider VIP

Also

Ya know, I can remember a time when you did short, one-liner drive-bys in political threads. And they were funny. Now, its stuff like this.

Which isn't funny at all.

If we want crazy stuff like this, we can all go hang on the Strip and then throw our monitors out the nearest window. COMMON!

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Do you have any idea how you are coming off here?

Just curious.

-
    I honestly don't think he does.

No one likes organized Religions less then me, and even I think he's gone a little nuts on this of late. Nuts, and very, VERY angry.

Not sure what he point is exactly, I guess it's "Other Faiths are just as bad or worse than Islam, Islam being teh one faith I never comment on".

Jets Insider VIP
    What's funny is that no one has pointed out a significant difference between Scientology and Mormonism in this thread yet.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 09-24-2012 at 09:42 PM.

What's funny is that no one has pointed out a significant difference between Scientology and Mormonism in this thread yet.
    Probably because we don't have any Mormons or Scientologists as members here.

If I asked you the material ideology and philisophical differences between Eckankar and Zoroastrianism, I doub't you'd be able to answer without use of wikipedia or the like either.

Hell PK, if you aksed me the material differences between Baptists and Quakers, or between Anglicans and Episcopalians, I couldn't answer without researching it.

I know my own (now abandoned) Roman Catholic faith somewhat well, I know the general gist of Judaism and Islam and Budhism, in very general terms, and thats about it. I think that probably goes, with minor variation, for most of us here.

So......YOU tell US........what are the main differences between Mormonism and Scientology? And how much wiki or other research did you have to do before you knew what those differences were?

Still laughing?

If so, you might want to think about what Obama Christian beliefs mean he believes, if you take him at his word that he is indeed a faithful Christian and former lifelong adherant of teh Rev. Wright congregation.

How does those Obama beliefs differe from say, your own?

Not knowing and not caring much about either faith, I would say that Mormonism is derived from Christianity and Scientology is not.