Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet bars around Madison NJ?

Jet bars around Madison NJ?

Hey guys really sorry to make a thread around this, but I'm a student at Fairleigh Dickinson, and have had trouble finding a bar to watch a game with Jets fans. Also, some decent food, and the NFL package with flat screen TV's would be a huge plus.

Is there anything around Morristown/Madison/Short Hills mall area that I can watch a game?

Thanks guys.....

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Hey guys really sorry to make a thread around this, but I'm a student at Fairleigh Dickinson, and have had trouble finding a bar to watch a game with Jets fans. Also, some decent food, and the NFL package with flat screen TV's would be a huge plus.

Is there anything around Morristown/Madison/Short Hills mall area that I can watch a game?

Thanks guys.....
    Not really. Mostly Giant and other fans around here. I don't know if they still do it but the bar inside Hamilton Park right behind you across from the our practice facility used to have the games. Maybe Charlie Browns in Chatham Twp. at Hickory tree, but it's not going to be like a NYC rah rah bar.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 09-21-2012 at 11:02 PM.

havent been up there in years what about the houlihans in the short hills mall or the local applebees theres jets fans everywhere.
    Last edited by Nike; 09-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.

my brother says 54 main main st madison is the place to be.

I'm looking for the same in Bergen county, Fort Lee area. It would be a great service if we could somehow post a list on JI of known Jets Bars both locally and across the country. I've seen lots of posts on various places but how do we come up with a single list?

Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    my brother says 54 main main st madison is the place to be.
    My mistake, that is correct, forgot. That is diagonal from the clock in the center of Madison you could almost walk there, from school. I don't know if it's the place to be but it will serve your needs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'm looking for the same in Bergen county, Fort Lee area. It would be a great service if we could somehow post a list on JI of known Jets Bars both locally and across the country. I've seen lots of posts on various places but how do we come up with a single list?

Thoughts?
    Boigan Co. you are gonna have to get SAR, that is Giant country.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post

Thanks guys.....
    You're in the heart of Giants Country. My man cave is the closest thing to a jets Bar in the greater Madison/Chatham area.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You're in the heart of Giants Country. My man cave is the closest thing to a jets Bar in the greater Madison/Chatham area.
    Not so much anymore, you should have been here 20+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    then you need to do the right thing and invite K-Ro 25 and his college buddies to the cave.

54 Main is good. Go to Morristown. Famished Frog, Grasshopper, Sona 13, etc. Most bars there have a good Sunday NFL package and specials. If it was me I'd lean more towards Grasshopper but the Frog is good too. Good luck and have fun.

In East Hanover Miami Mike's is pretty good too but you can just imagine how many Fins fans are there but they are good to both Jet and Giant fans. Tomorrow they might not.

Veteran
    What about Vanderbilt's at the Hamilton Park Hotel? **** it's right across the street from the Florham Park practice facility, and they have pool tables as well. I always had a great time there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    54 Main is good. Go to Morristown. Famished Frog, Grasshopper, Sona 13, etc. Most bars there have a good Sunday NFL package and specials. If it was me I'd lean more towards Grasshopper but the Frog is good too. Good luck and have fun.

In East Hanover Miami Mike's is pretty good too but you can just imagine how many Fins fans are there but they are good to both Jet and Giant fans. Tomorrow they might not.
    !!! Good call on Grasshopper ---on Monday nights is the home to Bob Wischusen's Jets radio show on ESPN 98.7. Last week was Mo Wilkerson and the week before was Stephen Hill.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    My mistake, that is correct, forgot. That is diagonal from the clock in the center of Madison you could almost walk there, from school. I don't know if it's the place to be but it will serve your needs.
    That's probably a 20 minute walk but it's probably a cheap cab ride. Madison Po are always out and about.

It would be a great service if we could somehow post a list on JI of known Jets Bars both locally and across the country. I've seen lots of posts on various places but how do we come up with a single list?

Thoughts?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/bar_guide.php

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    That's probably a 20 minute walk but it's probably a cheap cab ride. Madison Po are always out and about.
    It's a five minute car ride at best. Like I originally said Hamilton Park is on his property it's the closest, they have big screens and no Giant game Sun., if open. Ya know?

Agreed. They all are good times. They all have both Jets and Giants fans. End of the day, there are lots of options.

What are our thoughts on Brickyard for NFL games?

How about North Bergen County ?

Thoughts?
    Thanks Brooklyn, I feel kind of dumb for not looking first. One more reason to love JI!