Thread: LB question.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

LB question.

Should Demario Davis start over Scott? Im watching the LBs and they STILL look a bit slow. If im correct Davis got some GOOD pressure on Big Ben last Sunday and got McIntyre a sack! I think its time for a change. McIntyre. Harris, Davis and Maybin as the starting 4. subs being Muaga, Bellore, and Sapp??? How does this line up sound?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but Bart has been one of our best players so far this year. He's covering well and he is reading plays extremely fast. That is making up for any speed he may have lost. Last year he was slow. This year he's been making a ton of plays. Pace is playing technically sound, but he's lost his burst, so he and Dixon really could be upgraded. We need a 4 man pass rush, and we need Revis back. If we do that we are an elite defense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has Davis gotten any snaps at LB? I haven't noticed him at all... He couldn't have played very much... Oh, I just realized his number is now 56...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
    Should Demario Davis start over Scott? Im watching the LBs and they STILL look a bit slow. If im correct Davis got some GOOD pressure on Big Ben last Sunday and got McIntyre a sack! I think its time for a change. McIntyre. Harris, Davis and Maybin as the starting 4. subs being Muaga, Bellore, and Sapp??? How does this line up sound?
    scott should have been cut last year

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the position is wide open, or a player blows, or the rookie is great he is not gonna bump the vet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
    god help us.if these are the linebackers for the rest of the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    scott should have been cut last year
    Last year yes, you're right. This year he's playing like it's 2006 so far.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Has Davis gotten any snaps at LB? I haven't noticed him at all... He couldn't have played very much... Oh, I just realized his number is now 56...
    He rushed Big Ben on 3rd and long last Sunday and got some good pressure, don't know why he's not used more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs some more game time but Scott has been up to speed so far. Still it's a long season and Bart and Pace need to be kept fresh

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Davis did nothing in preseason to warrant consideration over Scott. He didn't look very impressive, even against 3rd and 4th stringers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demario missed valuable reps in TC with a hamstring injury. Rex has a complicated defense...and Davis was in catch up mode throughout the preseason.

Because of the 90+ heat in Miami...all positions will have an increase in rotating of players. So Davis will probably get more playing opportunities in this game.

If Davis flashes in the pass rush, or making plays in other situations...I'm sure Rex will notice it. As for right now...especially for the inexperienced players, they'll have to earn it.

It's a long grinding season...as more games are played...you want to keep those veteran LB's fresh for the stretch run. So I do expect that Davis will get an increase of playtime...especially in the 2nd half of the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Last year yes, you're right. This year he's playing like it's 2006 so far.
    I didn't realize he couldn't tackle in 2006 either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well...Jets just cut Bryan Thomas. That will probably mean more playing time for McIntyre...and possibly for Davis too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    next years LBs should be Davis and Dowtin... speed at that position will make this defense even better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    next years LBs should be Davis and Dowtin... speed at that position will make this defense even better.
    Has the same kind of "speed" as Courtney Upshaw. The overrated kind. Developmental project, sure, but not a speedy upgrade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I didn't realize he couldn't tackle in 2006 either.
    I'm not going to argue with someone that didn't watch the games, or doesn't understand the game enough to know what he's watching.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart has been better than last season. The one that can't cover is Harris.