Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe McKnight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You sound like a hater so this will go for naught! I know the guy threw up three years ago and you hated him for that! got it! The guy has NOT had much of a chance to do anything but return kicks. And guess what? He did rather well running back kicks. Yet you have him tarred and feathered. I suppose you were opposed to Woodhead too.

Err upon further exam he dropped to third because he had shin splints! He was not given much work to heal. Just thought Id mention the truth. Further REX singled Joe and Bilal out for improved blocking at the start of camp. Then Joe ate something and got sick followed by shin splints! That leads us to here. Is the season over yet? Ya think he might get a shot to show what he has? I do.

Many guys never get a shot with their original team and shine elsewhere. Ask Woodhead, Michael Turner, Reggie Bush and a host of others. Why even QBs have done better in new surroundings. Ask Drew Brees, Kurt Warner and Warren Moon!

I am sorry if you are a hater but your position is based on nothing but your own biased opinion!
    LOL... all very explosive and all but I did not have a dog in the Woodhead fight nor do I have a position on puking other than the idea that it was unfortunate timing.

Big time running backs don't spend their time on a team between 3rd and 2nd and then 3rd and then all of a sudden turn into something much better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Agree. IMO...the RB unit has less potential then the WR talent. And a weak running game can seriously unbalance this offense. Putting extra pressure on the OL and the passing game. This is especially so...since Sanchez doesn't have his safety blanket receiever...in Keller at TE. And the young inexperienced WRs may continue to have their ups and downs. Especially in the first half of the season. Which is the most difficult part of the schedule.

My preference would be to give Powell equal...or almost equal carries with Greene...for the next few games. And of course...McKnight the least of the three. Using McKnight at the RB position, primarily for his receiving skills and potential explosiveness after the catch. Maybe he's most suitable in the Tebow wildcat packages.

for right now...I'm pretty sure the Jets will continue to start Greene. If he's running effectively...they'll keep giving it to him. But if Shonn's around 3.0 ypc...then run Powell. And keep running him until he's the #1 by default.

Right now...the whole RB unit may be greater then its parts. Neither Greene or Powell, may be good enough to keep this offense in balance. Hence McKnight...mostly for receiving and him being dangerous in space. Again...Joe might be best utilized when Tebow's in the game.

Right now...the Jets have to find ways to keep the defense off balance as much as possible. To use the RB's in situations that can best take advantage of their skill sets. It will all come down to execution. If effective...this can be a big help to keep the offense in balance. Whis is a must against the upcoming 49ers and Texans opponents.
    I agree that there will be plays designed for Joe McKnight today. And yes I think we need to mix it up because we are not good enough to force either the running game or the passing game on opposing defenses. We are back to having to do the creative stuff down on the grass field in Miami. I hope McKnight does well. It is season #3 of his career after all and it is about time. He needs to go out and execute without mistakes when he is called upon to do so.

I believe the game will be a hard hitting one with turnovers from both offenses.

Greene is still our best option if he is not dinged up IMO. And yes there are very real concerns about his ball security too. Still, Shonn Greene is probably the best of a sorry lot here in 2012. No worries though, even if he gets the call early, the over under on him getting dinged up again is about 10 plays.

I think we need 4-2 or better in the turnover department in order to win today's game.