Thread: AT&T sucks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

AT&T sucks.

Ios6 comes out, I am excited that I will be able to use the facetime function when I don't have a wifi connection. Try it this morning and find out that my unlimited plan that I was grandfathered under will not work. According to the robber barrons over at at&t you have to get a new plan to use FaceTime. At&greed. I am sick of this kind of stuff. I suggest anyone with the old unlimited data plan stream a lot of Pandora, and send a lot of txt messages to other iphone users.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boo Hoo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Ios6 comes out, I am excited that I will be able to use the facetime function when I don't have a wifi connection. Try it this morning and find out that my unlimited plan that I was grandfathered under will not work. According to the robber barrons over at at&t you have to get a new plan to use FaceTime. At&greed. I am sick of this kind of stuff. I suggest anyone with the old unlimited data plan stream a lot of Pandora, and send a lot of txt messages to other iphone users.
    I was a little surprised by this as well. I have an older 2GB plan for $25/mo and saw the same message basically saying you need to contact AT&T for a plan that includes Facetime over Cellular.

Not sure if it's some kind of special plan but the last thing I need is to have a line item on my AT&T bill that gets paid by work saying, "5GB w/FaceTime"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hardly even used the FaceTime to begin with. Does this happen with the iPhone 5?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I hardly even used the FaceTime to begin with. Does this happen with the iPhone 5?
    Yes. You can now use FaceTime over cell networks but apparently you need a special plan...likely because of how it will tax the LTE network.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yes. You can now use FaceTime over cell networks but apparently you need a special plan...likely because of how it will tax the LTE network.
    Never used it anyway so fug it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never used facetime but my older son just went away to college so we started using it so the family could talk to him.

He has AT&T and said he can still only use facetime with wifi. But he has the unlimited plan grandfathered and has no plans to change that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just use wifi.

Sheesh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Same deal as the tethering. No biggie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Just use wifi.

Sheesh.
    Do u have an iphone?

I have never been as disinterested in something that people are CRAZY about.

Just dont get it. If people want to use a computer, why not just use a PC or laptop?

Is all this really essential?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Do u have an iphone?

Just dont get it. If people want to use a computer, why not just use a PC or laptop?

I do actually.

It's not essential...but it a really handy gadget to have. I have 3 kids and a woman...can't always use my computer because of them, lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I do actually.

It's not essential...but it a really handy gadget to have. I have 3 kids and a woman...can't always use my computer because of them, lol.
    lay off the pron bro

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Same deal as the tethering. No biggie.
    Yup. Overreaction by the OP... Typical.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Do u have an iphone?

I work outdoors and carrying a laptop or pc is totally impractical. As a CPA, I would assume you work in an office for the most part. Think if you we're at your office but had to go home every time you had to use your computer. You probably consider the computer at the office essential. It's all perspective.

It's basically a little laptop that fits in your pocket. I have an iPhone 4 that I got from work. I could probably update it to the iPhone 5 but I don't really have any desire to. For that matter, if I got an android instead, I would be fine with that too.

We use many things that aren't essential these days. Not all that long ago, nobody had the internet. Nobody had cell phones. Nobody had cable tv. And I'm sure there are people who live without them and more.

Hell, I spoke to somebody earlier this year that doesn't own a tv.

I know your point was likely that some people are nuts about this stuff and wait in line for it or couldn't live without it. And to that extent, I completely agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    AGAW, what's tethering all about, someone was trying to explain it to me today and I had no clue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    AGAW, what's tethering all about, someone was trying to explain it to me today and I had no clue.
    The short and skinny?

There's software that allows you to transfer an internet connection from your phone via say, a USB, to your laptop/iPad/etc...

You'd only ever need it in the event your cell service was the only access you had to the internet and you required internet access on another device...

All providers (that I'm aware of) charge for the service...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a decade with AT&T I just jumped ship to VZ. I have a wifi jet pack to do voice/data simultaneously which was still cheaper than my AT&T plan. Undortunaly need to wait for my iPhone 5 delivery of 10/5 before porting.

Just today I'm on 27th and 6th and could only get an EDGE cellular connection. AT&T network is such a joke

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Basically a ***** whipped electronic device.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Download Tango. Same thing as Facetime. It's free AND works on wifi.