Thread: Greene or Hartline

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene or Hartline

Ok, so my motivation is FF but I think it's a legitimate Jets-Miami question. Maybe I can get a few opinions before getting dumped. I have to choose between Greene and Hartline for my flex spot.

Greene - He has historically not done well against the Miami D, and I am just sick of watching him go out of his way to find brick walls to run into head first. On the other hand I think he is really feeling threatened by Powell (as he should be) and will be highly motivated to show something this week. Our Oline has been giving him holes, he just isn't taking advantage of them.

Hartline - Tannenhills #1 and going off the charts this season. Yes Revis will be on him but he does a lot of short routes and while Revis will stop any YAC, he doesn't break up every catch. (Its a PPR league meaning I get a point for every catch regardless of YPC.)

Boom or bust for either of these guys is going to have a major impact on Sunday. Thoughts?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your choices suck, pick up a FA...

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Ok, so my motivation is FF but I think it's a legitimate Jets-Miami question. Maybe I can get a few opinions before getting dumped. I have to choose between Greene and Hartline for my flex spot.

Greene - He has historically not done well against the Miami D, and I am just sick of watching him go out of his way to find brick walls to run into head first. On the other hand I think he is really feeling threatened by Powell (as he should be) and will be highly motivated to show something this week. Our Oline has been giving him holes, he just isn't taking advantage of them.

Hartline - Tannenhills #1 and going off the charts this season. Yes Revis will be on him but he does a lot of short routes and while Revis will stop any YAC, he doesn't break up every catch. (Its a PPR league meaning I get a point for every catch regardless of YPC.)

Boom or bust for either of these guys is going to have a major impact on Sunday. Thoughts?
    Hartline vs. Revis equals 1 catch for 7 yds.. At least Greene has the chance to score.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    Your choices suck, pick up a FA...
    Agreed, hit the waiver wire.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends what kind of player you could pick up as a FA I would say Greene because He will get some points and might even score. Hartline might get a few catches but my guess he will score between 5 and 10 points vs greene probably 7-12 IMO. You should have grabbed Andre Brown from the Giants and played him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiver wire, then Greene. Hartline had a great game against a terrible pass defense. In Houston, against CBs that were good but not Revis, he racked up all of 3-50. That's his ceiling this week - and the floor is a shutout.

Is Donnie Avery available? Danny Amendola?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the War Machine --- over 100 yards tomorrow

Hartline will be covered by Cro with Revis Island shutting down Bess cold

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene won't do **** against Miami's run defense and Hartline will be on Revis Island.

Free agency is the way to go.

Pick up Richardson from the Rams (RB) as I don't think Jackson is going to play. At least I hope not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree

After Tannebust gets sacked a bunch of times and serves up enough picks for the Jets ti be up by 3 touches in the second half the War Machine will have a big day running clock going over 100 with at least one run into the end zone

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Disagree

After Tannebust gets sacked a bunch of times and serves up enough picks for the Jets ti be up by 3 touches in the second half the War Machine will have a big day running clock going over 100 with at least one run into the end zone

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    This I like ... Although I'd prefer it to be Powell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Greene is going to split carries after the way Powell played against the Steelers D. Granted that was without Troy and Harrison but Greene played like garbage even before he got injured.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. Nothing in FA right now, I gotta go with SG3 and Greene.