Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets cut Bryan Thomas.

Jets cut Bryan Thomas.

Looks like its Mcyntire time. Wow.

@SethWalderNYDN: Jets cut veteran LB Bryan Thomas. Surprising move. Add CB Donnie Fletcher from practice squad. #nyj

He'll be a Patriot by dinner time. I predict 4 sacks tomorrow.

Whoa! Why lose the depth?

His hammy was/is a problem. If he becomes a pat then so be it. A lot of good Sean Ellis did for them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    His hammy was/is a problem. If he becomes a pat then so be it. A lot of good Sean Ellis did for them last year.
    Wow, but not wow.

And yes, the hammy stuff is probably lingering effects from the Achilles injury. That's probably the worst injury a football player can have. His career is over.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow. He must be hurt worse than we thought.

All-in on McIntyre.

More Maybin!!

All Pro
    He was washed up 2 yrs ago no surprise here.. Figured they would of waited till the offseason. Guess jets decided now is the best time..

Scott and Pace are next by this offseason
    Last edited by Scoop24; 09-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Our longest tenured Jet gone. It was time. Get young and get fast.

Veteran
    I assume his salary was guaranteed? Seems like they gave him a shot to give it one more year, he isn't what he once was but he was a jet his whole career.
    They treated him right.

Practice Squad

that sucks

he always made the tackle that is going to hurt, **** mcantyre or one good ****ing game and he is the answer, stupid ****ing mood

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ncjets76 View Post
    he always made the tackle that is going to hurt, **** mcantyre or one good ****ing game and he is the answer, stupid ****ing mood
    When is the last time bryan Thomas made any kind of impact on the field???

A converted DE...Thomas was a 3 down all purpose LB for the Jets. He was good at various roles...but never great. And many fans got on him for that. Especially for not being a more productive rush OLB.

I was surprised he made it this far back, from such a serious Achilles injury. I wish BT well...and hope he doesn't end up with the Pats

All Pro
    To create a roster spot, #Jets release LB Bryan Thomas. Salary is guaranteed and he likely will be re-signed. As expected, Keller ruled out.

He might be back

All Pro
    ~~~> @DWAZ73: Two reasons to expect Bryan Thomas back with #Jets: 1) His salary is guaranteed. 2) Still dealing with hamstring injury.

I thought they would bring up Sapp. Maybe Lankster's injuries are worse than originally reported... The Jets have cut Patrick Turner and now Bryan Thomas with fully gaurenteed contracts, if they want to play next year, you may see one of them later in the year..

Ed Reed is still playing for the team that drafted him, right? Seriously, nothing against BT but it was another dumb 1st round pick. He was a good played never great but he wasn't expected to go until 2nd round...good chance we could have gotten them both.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    A converted DE...Thomas was a 3 down all purpose LB for the Jets. He was good at various roles...but never great. And many fans got on him for that. Especially for not being a more productive rush OLB.

I was surprised he made it this far back, from such a serious Achilles injury. I wish BT well...and hope he doesn't end up with the Pats
    +1...A little bittersweet in that he has been around so long, but it had to happen sooner or later.

Rather see who steps up now while the seasons young.

Good luck Bryan.

-

BThomas will be back once his hammy heals.

He'll be back