Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets cut Bryan Thomas.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    John Abraham was responsible for his best years. He had no pass rush skills and should have never been around this long.
    Come on; Abe makes everybody better.

I think THomas was a great Jet and he'll be back. His run-stop numbers were posted here last week; he and DeVito are off thechart as runstoppers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    hopefully this opens up more playing time for Mayhem and Davis in passing situations with McIntyre containing the run
    Yet it was McIntyre that got two sacks last week! HUH?

Nothin but love this guy ... He was a great standard Jet. A professional that gave his all without any off field issues. A great team mate and good player. Paid too much ? Maybe .. But that would be on Tanny ... Not Thomas.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-22-2012 at 11:33 PM.

love the move. He shouldn't have been brought back this year. He never really brought anything to the team in my opinion. Horrible draft pick. Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Nothin but love this guy ... He was a great standard Jet. A professional that gave his all without any off field issues. A great team mate and good player. Paid too much ? Maybe .. But that would neon Tanny ... Not Thomas.
    overpaid & underachieved

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Come on; Abe makes everybody better.

I think THomas was a great Jet and he'll be back. His run-stop numbers were posted here last week; he and DeVito are off thechart as runstoppers.
    great? really? he was barely average

31 sacks in 11 years. Holy **** that is horrible. 301 tackles? Jesus. That is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Looks like its Mcyntire time. Wow.

@SethWalderNYDN: Jets cut veteran LB Bryan Thomas. Surprising move. Add CB Donnie Fletcher from practice squad. #nyj
    Why? Out of shape? injured? Long in the tooth etc...

I started a thread last week about him being Wally Pipped. Looks like it's happening.

McIntyre probably won't be our Gehrig, but He's a beast when it comes to effort!

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I started a thread last week about him being Wally Pipped. Looks like it's happening.

McIntyre probably won't be our Gehrig, but He's a beast when it comes to effort!
    LET'S all read his history..... Basically a 5 year practice squad player.

OK.....I can hope but to think that a 5 year practice squad player has some fans excited is well, sad.

Then again..he did play for the San Jose Sabercats in 2009 and 2010. Perhaps Woody and Tanny should go there for our next few players.

Hire Mangini as GM. I'm serious.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-23-2012 at 07:57 AM.

I can see Sapp being brought up to the 53 man in a week or two...That said I can still see BThomas resigned in a few weeks..

To spoil all those that want Thomas gone for good...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Dustin Keller & John Conner out vs Dolphins today. Bryan Thomas likely to re-sign this week after getting cut yesterday

In a surprising move, the Jets released outside linebacker Bryan Thomas on Saturday. However, there is a good chance that the 33-year-old Thomas, who had been the team’s longest-tenured player, will re-sign with the Jets next week, according to sources.

Due to injuries in the secondary, Gang Green elevated rookie cornerback Donnie Fletcher from the practice squad to the 53-man roster for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins. Darrelle Revis is returning from a concussion and fourth cornerback Ellis Lankster is listed as questionable with a back injury suffered in practice this week.

Thomas, who is rehabbing a hamstring injury suffered in the season opener, is free to sign with any team now, but his age and health status make it more likely that he’ll ultimately return to the Jets. As a vested veteran, Thomas’ $925,000 base salary became guaranteed after Week 1. The Jets will have to pay him the remaining $707,000 whether or not they re-sign him.

Garrett McIntyre, who replaced Thomas last week and had two sacks, will start against the Dolphins.

Thomas, a first round pick in 2002, played 146 games for the Jets.

NO KELLER
    The Jets confirmed a Daily News report that tight end Dustin Keller (hamstring) is out for Sunday’s game. Fullback John Conner (knee) and OL Dennis Landolt (knee) also didn’t travel with the team and won’t play.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1165599

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I can see Sapp being brought up to the 53 man in a week or two...That said I can still see BThomas resigned in a few weeks..
    True, this was an administrative move. It was a way to clear a roster space without having to risk putting a younger player through waivers. There probably is some agreement between BT and the Jets that he will be brought back when totally healthy. BT will be getting paid no matter what so he will not lose any money.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I'd be in favor of bringing Eric back too. I would be cool with him having a position in the scouting dept.

Banned

Hire Mangini as GM. I'm an idiot.
    Fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Please god no mangini

Its a process

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

This is a great idea .... Only of we can keep Bean Counter as financial consultant.

Mangini was a good personnel guy
    .. Maybe head of P Personel or Scouting.

What's his motivation for Thomas to re-join the Jets ? If he already gets paid he can just stay home and get the same salary. Why come back ? I'd think this year is his last in the NFL. He could enjoy an early retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    What's his motivation for Thomas to re-join the Jets ? If he already gets paid he can just stay home and get the same salary. Why come back ? I'd think this year is his last in the NFL. He could enjoy an early retirement.
    Because he loves to play the game? And he worked his butt off for the past year to be able to play again?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This is a great idea .... Only of we can keep Bean Counter as financial consultant.

Mangini was a good personnel guy
    .. Maybe head of P Personel or Scouting.
    Actually this is not as crazy as it sounds even though it will never happen. Except for the financial consultant thing. You keep bean counters in the kitchen where they are marginally useful counting beans but somewhat more useful if you need a coffee boy to run for the coffee. Anything more complex than milk two sugars should be above Tannenbaum's pay grade.