Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keller out

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Keller out

Won't be playing at Miami per Manish

Veteran
    That doesn't really surprise me.

Keller isn't playing, B. Thomas gets cut, and we sign a DB from the practice squad?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Keller isn't playing, B. Thomas gets cut, and we sign a DB from the practice squad?
    Cumberland and Epps can do the job at TE. Reuland is going to be a BIG FB. McIntyre will replace BT. Sapp is a few weeks away! Maybin will get rolling tomorrow with some sacks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Cumberland and Epps can do the job at TE. Reuland is going to be a BIG FB. McIntyre will replace BT. Sapp is a few weeks away! Maybin will get rolling tomorrow with some sacks.
    You don't use 2 TEs and a FB, Epps will be in on Goal line plays, and backing up. I foresee lots of snaps for Konrad "the garbage man". I hope he takes over both positions, and John Conner "won't be back". He'll be a captain against his old team next week. I predict Harbaugh will regret ever trying to sneak him on the practice squad for a 2nd year.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You don't use 2 TEs and a FB, Epps will be in on Goal line plays, and backing up. I foresee lots of snaps for Konrad "the garbage man". I hope he takes over both positions, and John Conner "won't be back". He'll be a captain against his old team next week. I predict Harbaugh will regret ever trying to sneak him on the practice squad for a 2nd year.
    Yes, Harbaugh is going to be shaking in his boots that some triple backup tight end got signed off his practice squad and is playing for another team.

Chaz Keller

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like Keller is playing it safe in his contract year.

Hopefully next year we find a real TE.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looks like Keller is playing it safe in his contract year.

Hopefully next year we find a real TE.
    Keller is a big fish in a very small pond, the NJ Jets' offense. I always expected him to be a monster, but he has fallen way short. Good player, but we all want great, like Gronk or Tony G.

Veteran
    This is bad for both him and the Jets. Another week he's not showing the league anything is not good for a trade scenario. I think he is the one guy the Jets would trade this season..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Keller is a big fish in a very small pond, the NJ Jets' offense. I always expected him to be a monster, but he has fallen way short. Good player, but we all want great, like Gronk or Tony G.
    I loved the pick originally. But Keller has never taken the "next step". He gets a decent amount of catches but he is also targeted a lot. And he just disappears for multiple games at a time, especially against physical teams. Combine all that with what seems like limited cap room this off season and I just don't see how he comes back. He is not worth a franchise tag IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Won't be playing at Miami per Manish
    if tebow can't be used as backup here we should put him on the block

Keller hasn't been playing for a few seasons, so what's new.

Pro bowler my A$$!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

His agent is Drew Rosenhaus. Big plays = big players = big bucks. Sitting out with a hamstring isn't getting Keller any highlight reel. I just wonder if it's worse than he's letting on and/or the medical staff has reservations. I like Keller, he really does have "chemistry" with Sanchez and hope he's back on the field soon.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I really wanted to stay in the second round and try to draft Jordy Nelson. Always thought Keller could have been a pro bowler on a team like the Colts. We need Dustin back.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Yes, Harbaugh is going to be shaking in his boots that some triple backup tight end got signed off his practice squad and is playing for another team.
    Is this kind of thing really necessary? Did I say he was scared? If it was expected it wouldn't be much of a prediction would it? I hope you're just having a bad day and you're not always this much of a tool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    His agent is Drew Rosenhaus. Big plays = big players = big bucks. Sitting out with a hamstring isn't getting Keller any highlight reel. I just wonder if it's worse than he's letting on and/or the medical staff has reservations. I like Keller, he really does have "chemistry" with Sanchez and hope he's back on the field soon.
    I'm assuming it's as bad as what Matt Kemp of the Dodgers had earlier this season that caused him to miss 2 months.

Keller will play for another team next year and go to the Pro Bowl.

He would probably excel in the pats offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I see you've whipped up a batch of extra-strength koolaide.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Keller hasn't been playing for a few seasons, so what's new.

Pro bowler my A$$!!!
    Hey, JAGS are people too.

no biggie missing hands of stone keller . someone else will step it up