Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: A Football Life : Ray Lewis

  1. #1

    A Football Life : Ray Lewis

    The show was amazing. He was mic'd for the entire 2011 season. He is an amazing dude, on and off the field.

    Only bad part was watching the AFC Championship game, knowing the outcome.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    The show was amazing. He was mic'd for the entire 2011 season. He is an amazing dude, on and off the field.

    Only bad part was watching the AFC Championship game, knowing the outcome.
    except for that whole murder thing, sure.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    except for that whole murder thing, sure.
    He addresses that too.

  4. #4
    Convict playing football. His boy took the fall for murder.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    The show was amazing. He was mic'd for the entire 2011 season. He is an amazing dude, on and off the field.

    Only bad part was watching the AFC Championship game, knowing the outcome.
    I agree. Inspiring stuff. It's available online at NFL.com as separate videos.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,853
    Logistics aside, the Jets REALLY should have chose Lewis over Scott in 2009.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Logistics aside, the Jets REALLY should have chose Lewis over Scott in 2009.
    Lewis didn't want us and besides he got away w/murder. We don't have enough bad boys on this team???

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,769
    He beat a murder rap and has not taken a single second for granted since.

    What I found funny was the parts when they showed the Jets v Ravens. Keller basically going into the fetal position and I found his comments about the backup Center funny. That game was an embarrassment.

    I don't think he was ever going to come to the Jets. But, yes we would have been better off with him rather than Scott. So IF the was an opportunity to get him here, it was an opportunity missed. But I think that was all hype from the media. And Rex wanted Scott.

    Was just doing a little research. In his first draft as Ravens GM in 1996, Ozzie Newsome took Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis with his first two picks.

  9. #9
    I don't think he was coming to the Jets, but if we did in fact choose Scott over Lewis, that was the worst football decision the Jets made since taking Ken O'Brien over Marino.

    It's cool that Ray will be a raven for life.

  10. #10
    These "A Football Life" shows are fantastic. Even the one with Belicheat. The next one about Coughlin looks great oo.
    I thought it was amazing. Most intense player I've ever seen. To think he was considered too small coming out of the U to be a good MLB.
    Re: the murders. I always thought someone in his entourage did it and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and tried to cover it up. Was there ever any solid evidence that he did it? Just curious.

  11. #11
    Awesome show. I have always had immense respect for Ray. I'm only 28 and I can say without a doubt that Ray Lewis is the best linebacker I have ever seen play. It's not even a debate.

  12. #12
    I wish i could get away with having anything to do with someone being murdered. I couldnt get away with a simple fist fight in 1994. Bro.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,099
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    I wish i could get away with having anything to do with someone being murdered. I couldnt get away with a simple fist fight in 1994. Bro.
    I am sure Plaxico agrees with you as well, guy shoots himself and goes away for two years, Lewis kills a guy and gets nothing.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,853
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He beat a murder rap and has not taken a single second for granted since.

    What I found funny was the parts when they showed the Jets v Ravens. Keller basically going into the fetal position and I found his comments about the backup Center funny. That game was an embarrassment.

    I don't think he was ever going to come to the Jets. But, yes we would have been better off with him rather than Scott. So IF the was an opportunity to get him here, it was an opportunity missed. But I think that was all hype from the media. And Rex wanted Scott.

    Was just doing a little research. In his first draft as Ravens GM in 1996, Ozzie Newsome took Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis with his first two picks.
    Newsome is arguably the best GM in football. Would love to have him one on the Jets for just ONE draft.

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    473
    I'm sorry but it looked like the video diary of a sociopath to me.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us