"Every battle is won or lost, before it is ever fought"
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    "Every battle is won or lost, before it is ever fought"
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War.
    Or this one...

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
    Sun-Tzu: The Art of Warfare

Sounds like Schotty all over again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    More pushups, sit-ups and wind sprints for these lazy hacks. Yeah, thats the key!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OP has a point.

At the lower levels of sport, fitness and dicipline are the most important componants, which is why the physical and inept teams can overcome the stronger and slower teams, but this is the NFL! All these players are the best of the best (some better than others), the ELITE.

Its the HC job to choose and utilise the final 53 as well as co-ordinate the OC, DC and STC.

After the first 2 seasons in charge I had full faith in Ryans ability. There were kinks in the games but he was new to the HC position.

Last year we saw a collapse of the team which we were told has been put back on track for this season after the first game I had no reason to doubt this.

Last weeks game was lost in two plays that Ryan didn't seem to put right in game, plus we were without Revis (A HUGE LOSS). Arm tackles, over persuit, and a lack of will to win really shone through.

We have 15 more games this season for Rex to show us what he can do. As always I will be 100% cheering the team on at 4am in the morning (some nights) here in Catalunya (Spain) and turning into work red eyed the next day.

Its on Rex now to prove to us he IS the man. He promised Woody and he promised US twice. He is a funny and charming man but thats not enough if he cant live up to his OWN claims.
    Last edited by ricard78; 09-23-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I have been a Jets fan since the beginning and I've seen it all with this franchise. This franchise has been a rudderless ship since Leon Hess became the sole owner. I was hoping Woody would do a lot better job at putting a first rate NFL front office in place. This franchise lacks leadership from Woody down to the players. There has to be people in charge that demand accountability from the top down to be successful. Tanny is not a first rate NFL GM he is a bean counter first and foremost trying to be a GM. He is better than Gutman was but still doesn't belong running the football operation. When it comes to setting up a scouting dept. and making decisions on who to draft. The Jets need a GM who knows how to hire top rate scouts and have eyes for talent. Rex needs to do a lot better at demanding discipline and getting this team position to win games.
    No team has stars at every position. You practice like you play! Evidently the Jets don't put a lot of priority on preparing for games. If they did they wouldn't be good one week and terrible the next. Practice and preparation have to be like your playing the baddest team every week. I can only draw on my experience what I was taught by my second football coach in Jr. High. We were the smallest school in our league. We only had eight of us returning from the previous year. We were the doormats for years and didn't win a game the previous year. We were small but we had speed. The new couch worked us harder than the previous coach preaching conditioning and mental toughness. We ran laps and did wind sprints before and after practice. Sit ups, push ups, squats, jumping jacks etc. every day and blocking and tackling drills until he was satisfied that we were doing things right. We all hated him and thought he was nuts. We couldn't understand why we weren't running plays. A few guys quit and he told them not to bother trying out for other sports he was coaching. He didn't like quitters. Any way our practices were so hard we looked forward to game day (a day of rest). Well, he taught us well because we didn't lose a game. He is a very old man today and everyone who played for him will never forget the lessons he taught us about football and life. He always said if we shoot for perfection and practice hard the game would be easier. He said the games are won or lost before they're played. These are a few of the things that the Jet franchise lacks that our cross town rivals have.
    This turd reminds me of King Kong's finger ! Ever heard of he word paragraph ?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed and well written! I also enjoyed reading and agreed with Squirt's post! The Jets seem to lack a killer instinct! They are soft! Look at the Buffalo game. We needed to step on their thoat and win the game easily in the second half. Did we? . NO we played it safe and let them back into the game. CJ Spiller looked like the best rb ever against our vaunted defense that REX says is top 5. Against Pittsburgh it was business as-usual vs Pittsburgh: Out-hit; out-coached;out-hustled! Why is that allowed to happen? As soon as we get hit in the nose we become soft! Look at our QB in the Pittsburgh game. Does anyone think that Miami "might" look to hit and intimidate Sanchez today? And if they are successful, will we get to see the infamous deer-in-the-headlights-look?

I hope we CRUSH Miami. Run up the score. Hit Tannehill as many times as it takes to back him down! Enough with the nice guy act! We are on a mission to win the game! As Herm said" You play to win the game".

Kentucky Jet, I see you got the meaning of my post. Unfortunately it went over the heads of the wise crackers on this board. To me they exemplify what is basically a lot of the Jets problems. They can talk the talk but can't walk the walk.
    What I learned from that coach was no matter what you do in life everything must be built on a strong foundation. In all sports you can't be successful if you can't execute the basics and fundamentals. If your opponents do them better than you and are in better physical condition than you they will wear you down and when your gasping and wheezing they will bury you.
    Santonio Holmes is a quitter and a cancer, Pittsburg was happy we took him off their hands. Will he quit today if things go south?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed and well written! I also enjoyed reading and agreed with Squirt's post! The Jets seem to lack a killer instinct! They are soft! Look at the Buffalo game. We needed to step on their thoat and win the game easily in the second half. Did we? . NO we played it safe and let them back into the game. CJ Spiller looked like the best rb ever against our vaunted defense that REX says is top 5. Against Pittsburgh it was business as-usual vs Pittsburgh: Out-hit; out-coached;out-hustled! Why is that allowed to happen? As soon as we get hit in the nose we become soft! Look at our QB in the Pittsburgh game. Does anyone think that Miami "might" look to hit and intimidate Sanchez today? And if they are successful, will we get to see the infamous deer-in-the-headlights-look?

I hope we CRUSH Miami. Run up the score. Hit Tannehill as many times as it takes to back him down! Enough with the nice guy act! We are on a mission to win the game! As Herm said" You play to win the game".

At NO point, was Buffalo in that game...... that's just ridiculous-- *****in' about a 20 point win. This "deer-in-headlights" bullish*t is seriously gettin' old, too.... one person decides to label a "look" that Sanchez gets, and all of a sudden, it becomes WHO he is--- show some originality. He gets hit, sometimes viciously, and still hangs in there, looking to make a play..... the "deer-in-headlights" thing is old, uncreative, and simply not true. NO QB likes to get hit.... they all get jumpy, when they do get popped (see T. Brady)---- only Jets fans, though, try to label and tear down their QB....... it's pathetic.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    At NO point, was Buffalo in that game...... that's just ridiculous-- *****in' about a 20 point win. This "deer-in-headlights" bullish*t is seriously gettin' old, too.... one person decides to label a "look" that Sanchez gets, and all of a sudden, it becomes WHO he is--- show some originality. He gets hit, sometimes viciously, and still hangs in there, looking to make a play..... the "deer-in-headlights" thing is old, uncreative, and simply not true. NO QB likes to get hit.... they all get jumpy, when they do get popped (see T. Brady)---- only Jets fans, though, try to label and tear down their QB....... it's pathetic.

+1

Im amazed at the Sanchez hate, he has been on fire this season. The recievers were the ones droping the balls. A QB is only as good as his O-line protecting his pocket and his recivers catching what is there for them to grab.
    Last edited by ricard78; 09-23-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Posted to soon.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    +1

Im amazed at the Sanchez hate, he has been on fire this season. The recievers were the ones droping the balls. A QB is only as good as his O-line protecting his pocket and his recivers catching what is there for them to grab.
    "on fire" is a bit strong, no? Sure, he had a solid 1st game. But he went to sleep after the 1st drive against Pitt. Sure, the rest of the team did also. There were drops, and he was under fire all game. Welcome to the NFL. Adjust...change the play at the LOS...make good throws on the rare occasion you have time and your receiver is open. Stop underthrowing, overthrowing, throwing ahead or throwing behind. Lead by example and show some grit, some balls and show that you are are a good quarterback on a mediocre team.

He can't...because he is a mediocre QB on a mediocre team. And if they Jets improve, he'll be a mediocre QB on a good team. He is what he is: an undersized mediocre QB with inconsistent accuracy, inconsistent decision making, below average leadership skills and a fragile psyche.

Not sure what the long-term answer is, but I am sure it is not Sanchez. Hope I'm wrong, though, and something inside him kicks in soon.

We'll be in the market for a new QB soon. Sanchez is not the answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini used this platitude the week we beat the patriots in the mud his first year.

Thus, i prefer, "let's go get a damn snack."

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to disagree, but thats the good thing about a messageboard.

In his first two seasons we went to the Playoffs with this kid.
    Last year the o-line had some gaping holes andthe recieving corps a-holes.

Sanchez took a massive hit last week and continued on, maybe he was shaken up maybe he wasnt.

Now for reasons of personal sanity I have blanked most of last weeks game from my memory, but as far as I remember between my screaming and shotgunning another beer to dull the pain. A crazy fielded punt and the defensive inability to make a basic tackle is the main reason we lost.

I do however remember the first drive of the offense before Holmes dipped his gloves in butter..

I will always go back to my origional argument on Sanchez that has always been the same.... 49'ers fans called Alex Smith a bust for years.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    So basically, if I am getting the gist, the Jets are already doomed to lose to the Dophlins tomorrow because of poor preparation by Rex?
    No. I think the gist is there's a reason the Jets franchise has gone 40+ years w/o a Super Bowl appearance, and the reason isn't bad luck. I too have never liked Woody as an owner. Doesn't come across as a leader, which is the most important quality to have at the top of any organization.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    I have to disagree, but thats the good thing about a messageboard.

In his first two seasons we went to the Playoffs with this kid.
    Last year the o-line had some gaping holes andthe recieving corps a-holes.

Sanchez took a massive hit last week and continued on, maybe he was shaken up maybe he wasnt.

Now for reasons of personal sanity I have blanked most of last weeks game from my memory, but as far as I remember between my screaming and shotgunning another beer to dull the pain. A crazy fielded punt and the defensive inability to make a basic tackle is the main reason we lost.

I do however remember the first drive of the offense before Holmes dipped his gloves in butter..

I will always go back to my origional argument on Sanchez that has always been the same.... 49'ers fans called Alex Smith a bust for years.
    Sanchez really doesn't look good out there today. He's had a few decent throws, but the the vast majority of them, including the completions, are inaccurate. He just hit Santonio for completion, and instead of hitting him in the numbers, he hits him at knee level, but behind him. The result is a catch, but no YAC. This has been the case since he came here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    another loser speaks his alleged mind!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Sanchez really doesn't look good out there today. He's had a few decent throws, but the the vast majority of them, including the completions, are inaccurate. He just hit Santonio for completion, and instead of hitting him in the numbers, he hits him at knee level, but behind him. The result is a catch, but no YAC. This has been the case since he came here.
    Your correct sir but, i refuse to put the problems of this team on Sanchez. Look who he is throwing to? Its not Holmes, Cotchery, Edwards and Keller. Its Holmes, a rookie, a backup, a nobody... Oh and they take away one of those options by throwing Tebow in there to run a flat route.