Thread: Univision interviewer asks Obama the tough questions

Univision interviewer asks Obama the tough questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-7flG0GU4

It is amazing to me that this was the first time possibly every that someone in the press did a legitimte hard hitting interview with Obama. Of course Obama lied (claiming fast and furious started under Bush) and dodged the questions as he does but what struck me is that this interview was the first time ever that I can remember Obama facing tough questions from an interviewer. It speaks to the sad state of the MSM in this country that it took a Univision reported to actually call Obama t task for some of the decisions he's made.

The choice is between a polished turd (Obama) and an unpolished turd (Romney).

Either way America is falling into a pile of sh1t!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post

you prolly have that backwards, although Obuttocks makes everyone else look better.

well, not Biden, but c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-7flG0GU4

It is amazing to me that this was the first time possibly every that someone in the press did a legitimte hard hitting interview with Obama. Of course Obama lied (claiming fast and furious started under Bush) and dodged the questions as he does but what struck me is that this interview was the first time ever that I can remember Obama facing tough questions from an interviewer. It speaks to the sad state of the MSM in this country that it took a Univision reported to actually call Obama t task for some of the decisions he's made.
    I've always wondered why interviewers didn't just turn the mic off when politicians take 3 minutes to answer a yes or no question. Obviously in this venue it wouldn't have been that simple, but wouldn't you get higher ratings and a more honest dialogue if you muted non-answer political BS in news interviews?

All League
    Romney @ Univision...

The difference from his usual appearance...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Romney @ Univision...

The difference from his usual appearance...
    Photoshop is a heck of a program isn't it?

In any event, even if he did choose to "over-tan" or his make-up personw as overly zealous for his appearences before a Hispanic audience, I find little difference between that and the fake accents, fake colloqualisms, fake language speaking skills and generally fake pandering most politicians trot out to pander to special interest ethnic groups. For christs sake, Obama once said that Hispanics have to "reward their friends and punish their enemies", i.e. punish their fellow Americans, for opposing illegal immigration ffs.

It's all pretty detestable (and transparent)to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Photoshop is a heck of a program isn't it?

In any event, even if he did choose to "over-tan" or his make-up personw as overly zealous for his appearences before a Hispanic audience, I find little difference between that and the fake accents, fake colloqualisms, fake language speaking skills and generally fake pandering most politicians trot out to pander to special interest ethnic groups. For christs sake, Obama once said that Hispanics have to "reward their friends and punish their enemies", i.e. punish their fellow Americans, for opposing illegal immigration ffs.

It's all pretty detestable (and transparent)to me.
    meh, don't be so hard on our young Komsomol member, WF: the end justifies the means. he needs to propagate that picture to earn his first red star.

I have to believe the Romney tan is either fake or a coincidence.

I have to believe that this is a case of his team thinking he needed to get some color for upcoming tv debates and appearances.

I can't believe someone on his team thought, "Hey, maybe if you are tan, hispanics will vote for you." or that a smart man like him would go along with that.

I can't believe people would be that dumb or cynical, if I did believe that, I think my head would explode. It would have to.

Romney gets a pass here from me, simply so I can remain sane.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

...Of course Obama lied (claiming fast and furious started under Bush) and...
    http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-s...202043091.html

WASHINGTON (AP) A second Bush administration gun-trafficking investigation has surfaced using the same controversial tactic for which congressional Republicans have been criticizing the Obama administration.

The tactic, called "gun walking," is already under investigation by the Justice Department's inspector general and by congressional Republicans, who have criticized the administration of Democratic President Barack Obama for letting it happen in an operation called "Fast and Furious".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Wake me when you link the 5,987 youtubes of (D) Politicans adopting ethnic or ebonic "accents" when giving speechs to primarily minority audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post

You can the polished part of turd about Obama. The Middle East is burning but he has time for the View but no sitdowns with other heads of state. Priorties where are they!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Wake me when you link the 5,987 youtubes of (D) Politicans adopting ethnic or ebonic "accents" when giving speechs to primarily minority audiences.

Fair point, but ya did imply it was photoshop - just wanted to be clear that it wasn't.

The gun walking program didn't allow guns to cross the boarder to Mexico and was cancelled due to the sheer stupidity of the concept. Fast and Furious was a completely different program that was initiated during the Holder/Obama administration.

OMG please. People that go on TV get makeup put on them. You are making that in to Romney put on dark face to appeal to Latino's? This pushes you, a person that I had considered to be a well thought though naive and misguided left wing poster here, in to moonbat territory.

The gun walking program didn't allow guns to cross the boarder to Mexico and was cancelled due to the sheer stupidity of the concept. Fast and Furious was a completely different program that was initiated during the Holder/Obama administration.
    You're really carrying the parties water here. Operation wide receiver resulted in guns getting to Mexico and getting lost. To excuse one because it was under a republican but to decry the other because it was under a democrat really undercuts your credibility.

The first known ATF "gunwalking" operation to Mexican drug cartels, named Operation Wide Receiver, began in early 2006 and ran into late 2007. Licensed dealer Mike Detty of Mad Dawg Global informed the ATF of a suspicious gun purchase that took place in February 2006 in Tucson, Arizona. In March he was hired as a confidential informant working with the ATF's Tucson office, part of their Phoenix, Arizona field division.[28] With the use of surveillance equipment, ATF agents monitored additional sales by Detty to straw purchasers. With assurance from ATF "that Mexican officials would be conducting surveillance or interdictions when guns got to the other side of the border",[12] Detty would sell a total of about 450 guns during the operation.[27] These included AR-15s, semi-automatic AK-pattern rifles, and Colt .38s. The majority of the guns were eventually lost as they moved into Mexico.[7][28][29][30]

At the time, under the Bush administration Department of Justice (DOJ), no arrests or indictments were made. After President Barack Obama took office in 2009, the DOJ reviewed Wide Receiver and found that guns had been allowed into the hands of suspected gun traffickers. Indictments began in 2010, over three years after Wide Receiver concluded. As of October 4, 2011, nine people had been charged with making false statements in acquisition of firearms and illicit transfer, shipment or delivery of firearms.[21] As of November, charges against one defendant had been dropped; five of them had pled guilty, and one had been sentenced to one year and one day in prison. Two of them remained fugitives.[28]

The Hernandez Case

Another, smaller probe occurred in 2007 under the same ATF Phoenix field division. The Fidel Hernandez case began when the ATF identified Mexican suspects who bought weapons from a Phoenix gun shop over a span of several months. The probe ultimately involved over 200 guns, a dozen of which were lost in Mexico. On September 27, 2007, ATF agents saw the original suspects buying weapons at the same store and followed them toward the Mexican border. The ATF informed the Mexican government when the suspects successfully crossed the border, but Mexican law enforcement were unable to track them.[4][10] Less than two weeks later, on October 6, William Newell, then ATF's Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the Phoenix field division, shut down the operation at the behest of William Hoover, ATF's assistant director for the office of field operations.[31] No charges were filed. Newell, who was Phoenix ATF SAC from June 2006 to May 2011, would later play a major role in Operation Fast and Furious.[4][12]

The Hernandez case was referenced in a briefing paper prepared for Attorney General Michael Mukasey prior to his meeting with the Mexican Attorney General Medina Mora on November 16, 2007. The paper stated, "ATF has recently worked jointly with Mexico on the first-ever attempt to have a controlled delivery of weapons being smuggled into Mexico by a major arms trafficker" and that "the first attempts at this controlled delivery have not been successful." The paper also stated, "ATF would like to expand the possibility of such joint investigations and controlled deliveries -- since only then will it be possible to investigate an entire smuggling network, rather than arresting simply a single smuggler."[32]

The Medrano Case

The 2008 Alejandro Medrano case involved both ATF SAC William Newell and cooperating Tucson gun dealer Mike Detty of Operation Wide Receiver. ATF Phoenix allowed about 100 guns to be taken into Mexico over the objections of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) personnel who became aware of the case. Phoenix ATF SAC Newell acknowledged to ICE "that letting guns cross the border was part of ATF’s plan". In August 2010, Medrano was sentenced to 46 months, his associate Hernan Ramos received 50 months and their fellow conspirators received prison terms from 14 to 30 months, but the target, a Sinaloa Cartel kingpin, Javier Elenes Ruiz, nicknamed "Rambo," remained untouched inside Mexico.[33]
    Last edited by piney; 09-27-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    You're really carrying the parties water here. Operation wide receiver resulted in guns getting to Mexico and getting lost. To excuse one because it was under a republican but to decry the other because it was under a democrat really undercuts your credibility.
    They coordinated it with the Mexicans and then shut the program down immediately when it failed. It was a stupid idea then. Fast and Furious is a completely separate program initiated under Obama that did not coordinate with Mexican authorities. Regardless it is completely dishonest to state that F&F started under the previous administration. It reminds me of how Obama blamed Solyndra on Bush as well even though the Bush administration rejected their application for loan guarantees. They take a sliver of fact and turn it into an all out lie. Obama reversed the decision and fast tracked the loans. Then he illegally (the loan guarantee program forbids other debt holders of having priority lein over the US treasury) allowed the original debt holders to have the priority lein in the bankruptcy proceedings essentially protecting his donors over the American people. How do you blame a previous administration for something that it rejected or shut down when your administration does the opposite of the reccomendation of the prior admin? Fast and Furious is the same, a program was shut down under the previous admin for being completely ineffective and dangerous then revived in a much bigger and more damaging way by the Obama administration.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 09-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.

All League
    OMG please. People that go on TV get makeup put on them. You are making that in to Romney put on dark face to appeal to Latino's? This pushes you, a person that I had considered to be a well thought though naive and misguided left wing poster here, in to moonbat territory.
    Listen, I don't know his motivations - could have just been poor timing.

But it's clear he's darker at Univision than he's ever been - whether it's makeup or tanning.

He was on tv in about 20 debates this past year... and at no time did he look like that.

They coordinated it with the Mexicans and then shut the program down immediately when it failed. It was a stupid idea then. Fast and Furious is a completely separate program initiated under Obama that did not coordinate with Mexican authorities. Regardless it is completely dishonest to state that F&F started under the previous administration. It reminds me of how Obama blamed Solyndra on Bush as well even though the Bush administration rejected their application for loan guarantees. They take a sliver of fact and turn it into an all out lie. Obama reversed the decision and fast tracked the loans. Then he illegally (the loan guarantee program forbids other debt holders of having priority lein over the US treasury) allowed the original debt holders to have the priority lein in the bankruptcy proceedings essentially protecting his donors over the American people. How do you blame a previous administration for something that it rejected or shut down when your administration does the opposite of the reccomendation of the prior admin? Fast and Furious is the same, a program was shut down under the previous admin for being completely ineffective and dangerous then revived in a much bigger and more damaging way by the Obama administration.

There is so much spin here from your last post I'm actually dizzy. We went from "no guns during the Bush administration went over the border" to "solyndra". Nice redirect.