Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 2,641 to 2,659 of 2659

Thread: ****The Official New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins Gameday Thread****

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    I told you all we ain't losing to the LOLphins.
    Sorry, this is just a win on the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez got the team down the field. that's the positive here. he scored the tying td and then led the team down into makable fg range. and powell was used well, but not enough. the offense showed signs of life. baby steps.

and as great as revis is, you can't pay him 1/5th of the salary cap.
    He scored the go ahead TD then the d crapped the bed again. Sanchez had a ****ty day, but he and Holmes is all the o has. Keller coming back will be huge.

All League
    That win was like banging the ugliest chick in the bar. It counts, but it makes you feel dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    sorry guys - out here in Cali - church and then a wedding I had to get to ... two quick questions ... what happened with Revis? On our first drive in OT, I think my phone said "Schillens 6 yd gain" on a 3rd and 8?! Is that correct? Did we run a 6 yd play when we needed 8? Sounds like it was bad.
    Went down with a no-contact knee injury. Leg got caught in the turf, turned and crumbled to the ground. Walked off the field on his own but was carted to the locker room. I'm no doctor but it looked like an ACL to me.

What a gift from the football gods. I was nauseous after Cro let Hartline get the go on him. Wilson almost gave them the win with PI. When is this kid going to learn to get his head around. That was a horrible win but it counts. Hope Revis is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Went down with a no-contact knee injury. Leg got caught in the turf, turned and crumbled to the ground. Walked off the field on his own but was carted to the locker room. I'm no doctor but it looked like an ACL to me.
    ****. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    He scored the go ahead TD then the d crapped the bed again. Sanchez had a ****ty day, but he and Holmes is all the o has. Keller coming back will be huge.
    just like last year the defense can't make a stop when it has to. i think the good news here is that the offense woke up, holmes looked great, they used powell more, howard's blocking is decent, and they're not afraid to go deep. the offense has to be better to win in the nfl. if the jets had converted in the red zone they would have had more points. but a road win against a divisional opponent is important and really helps their confidence.

besides revis, the biggest thing with the defense is no pass rush.

All Pro
    just like last year the defense can't make a stop when it has to. i think the good news here is that the offense woke up, holmes looked great, they used powell more, howard's blocking is decent, and they're not afraid to go deep. the offense has to be better to win in the nfl. if the jets had converted in the red zone they would have had more points. but a road win against a divisional opponent is important and really helps their confidence.

I don't see how this win helps their confidence. They should have won by 20 pts and barely eked out an OT win on the luck of a missed FG and ill-chosen timeout. The OL is doing fine in pass-protection but we can't rush for anything when we need it.

1st and goal from the 1 and we get a FG. Against the Dolphins. Or should we talk about letting a crucial FG get blocked. Hardly a confidence-builder.

The starting safeties made some plays today and Holmes looked very good on a few plays. But that's about all I can point to and say didn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Nice. We get the angry 49ers who were embarrassed today.

We get to play the #1 defense in the league next week, just in time.
    Houston is next week not this week.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I don't see how this win helps their confidence. They should have won by 20 pts and barely eked out an OT win on the luck of a missed FG and ill-chosen timeout. The OL is doing fine in pass-protection but we can't rush for anything when we need it.

1st and goal from the 1 and we get a FG. Against the Dolphins. Or should we talk about letting a crucial FG get blocked. Hardly a confidence-builder.

The starting safeties made some plays today and Holmes looked very good on a few plays. But that's about all I can point to and say didn't suck.
    they were losing 10-0 on the road. they came back and won in OT w/o revis. sanchez led the team to a td with 2 minutes left and he threw a nice ball to holmes to get them into fg range. plus powell proved he deserves more PT. i think the result of the game is a positive more for the offense than the defense. but the offense needed it more. the offense needed a boost after last week's performance. this team went 2-6 on the road last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Houston is next week not this week.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/schedule

No, it isn't.

Next week means Next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/schedule

No, it isn't.

Next week means Next weekend.
    You know what I meant.

No such thing as a bad win!!

We are 2-0 in the division.

that is MO of this Jets defense. They can't get off the field to win a game...

You would think our self proclaimed defensive genius would find a way to make a stop when the game is on the line.

You know what I meant.
    i think we can all agree that i was referring to the "football" week.

hiill needs to learn how to catch the ball more consistently.

You know what I meant.

Yeah I did but you were still wrong.

Still, though....Houston or San Fran....This Jets team is going to get destroyed next week unless Mark and the O can get something going.

Jets Insider VIP
    a win is a win

period

we need a rb.............mjd 177 yards many said he was washed up.