Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santonio Holmes Once a quitter, always a quitter, according to LaDainian Tomlinson.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Santonio Holmes Once a quitter, always a quitter, according to LaDainian Tomlinson.

Santonio Holmes facing doubts with New York Jets

By Kareem Copeland
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Sept. 23, 2012 at 09:52 a.m.

Once a quitter, always a quitter, according to LaDainian Tomlinson.

The former New York Jets running back was on the field when Santonio Holmes essentially gave up during a 19-17 loss to the Miami Dolphins in the final game of last season.

Tomlinson, now an NFL Network analyst, said Holmes is the same guy.
    Jeremiah: Six matchups to watch
    Week 3 features many marquee matchups. Daniel Jeremiah has the lowdown on Brady-Reed, Norv-Nolan, etc. More ...

"He hasn't changed," Tomlinson said Sunday on "First on the Field." "The only thing about it -- a new year brings new hope. We all know that as players. But as a player, the one thing you know, when you're playing with a guy that has quit on you, you know that when the times get tough, he will quit on you again.

"That's one thing I do know. And that's kind of what I expect when the season goes along."

The Jets are 1-1 and play the Dolphins in Week 3. There are ginormous concerns with the Mark Sanchez-led offense and the presence that is Tim Tebow lingering on the sideline.

There's no panic, for now, but every season brings adversity. And when it does ...

"It's split down the middle," Tomlinson said about whether teammates trust and respect Holmes. "It depends on what ... Santonio Holmes does moving forward, if they trust him or not. If he comes out and continues to play like this, they won't because they know he will quit."

This isn't a good evaluation for Holmes, who has seven catches, 96 yards and one touchdown through two games. Tomlinson was there for the first incident and knows that team. Tomlinson always had a reputation as a "team guy," so you can see how that kind of disrespect for the game would bother him.

The biggest problem for the Jets is the lack of playmakers at the position. They can't afford to lose Holmes' skill set for any reason. They've got to keep him involved, one way or another.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-new-york-jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is huge. Guess LT won't be invited to any holMEs BBQs in Florida.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I respect LT, but Darth Vader doesn't have the track record to call someone out for quitting. Even though he was hurt his sulking with his helmet on certainly wasn't going to help motivate his team mates.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    I respect LT, but Darth Vader doesn't have the track record to call someone out for quitting. Even though he was hurt his sulking with his helmet on certainly wasn't going to help motivate his team mates.

What ??? Tell me you just compared LT ... One of the NFLs most celebrated ironmen to SantonMEo 'I suck but got paid' Holmes ... Lt was one of the most respected teammates in history. Dump. Dump. Dump..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladamaian Tomlinson

once a bitter old washed up scrup

always a bitter old washed up scrub

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    What ??? Tell me you just compared LT ... One of the NFLs most celebrated ironmen to SantonMEo 'I suck but got paid' Holmes ... Lt was one of the most respected teammates in history. Dump. Dump. Dump..
    All I said was he doesn't have the track record to call someone out, now your reading into it to much. LT is a much better teammate/person than Holmes will ever be. But the last thing I'd want my face of the franchise to be doing during the AFCCC is sulking under his helmet on the sideline.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "Tone" contract is absolutely crippling. #1 money for a #2 (on his best days) that is a locker room cancer and plays some of the most disinterested football I have ever seen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are ginormous concerns with the Mark Sanchez-led offense and the presence that is Tim Tebow lingering on the sideline.
    48 points in week 1 and by week 3 you're an afterthought.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT is 100% right with this.

I am starting to HATE Holmes on this team. He's cancer.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always liked LT..... even when he was on the Chargers. However, his post-Jets b/s is getting old. I've always heard that he was such a great leader and teammate.... HOWEVER, he takes NO responsibility for anything that went down in the locker room, last year. Where was he? He should have been the leader he was expected to be..... but, HE was not. As soon as he started his TV tour, looking for a job, he just had to unburden himself from all these locker room facts..... which he had nothing to do with, except the responsibility of reporting it to the public.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus F'ing **** is this necessary? Who cares? There is nothing new here about Holmes that has not been said a zillion times, how about LT shutting the F up and letting the guy play football. Maybe, just maybe what we are hearing about Holmes and Sanchez bonding and putting in extra hours of film and practice work will pay off on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    I always liked LT..... even when he was on the Chargers. However, his post-Jets b/s is getting old. I've always heard that he was such a great leader and teammate.... HOWEVER, he takes NO responsibility for anything that went down in the locker room, last year. Where was he? He should have been the leader he was expected to be..... but, HE was not. As soon as he started his TV tour, looking for a job, he just had to unburden himself from all these locker room facts..... which he had nothing to do with, except the responsibility of reporting it to the public.
    Great point. Did LT call him out when he was dogging it? Did anyone? Sancheese, Mangold, You have to take charge!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post

I'd like to strangle Tannenbaum for paying this overrated piece of dog sht $50 million. His worst move ever as GM. I can forgive Tanny for Gholston and some other moves... but not this one. Now we are stuck with this underachieving selfish prick. He never was #1 WR material (and neither was Braylon for you Braylonites), and there was a reason why Pittsburgh let him go for a beer, a 5th rounder and a pretzyl. Yet I'm amazed there are a few on this site who applaud his behavior and spin it to suit their absurd contentions. This guy is horrendous. He better damned well make a few plays today becuase so far this season he has shown nothing and his presence on the field sabotages Sanchez and the entire offense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    This is correct. He did the same thing when he left SD, starting trashing various SD teammates and the organization. I wondered the same thing last year after the season when LT started piping up - why didn't he jump in and help? That's what real leaders do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be any more obvious that LT was one of Manish's anonymous sources in that article written in January?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember hating a Jets player as much as Holmes in a long time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hated this POS when he was here in Pittsburgh. My friends and inwould see him and his friends out and they just acted like pure morons. zero class. Thought I hated him because he was a steeler. No, I hate him more as a jet. He is such a prick and not a team player. I'd cut him mid flight back to NY regardless of what he does today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post

Starting?

A tiger can't change its stripes, a leopard can't change its spots.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry - 7th inning stretch here - this bs is getting old

1) LT is a self-promoter; enjoys the sound of his voice imparting football wisdom
    2) LT "paid the price" by going along with all those locker room codes; so he has some integrity to his comments
    3) Holmes persona is really problematic
    4) Holmes delivered a championship-winning catch. He is a rarity.
    5) Holmes has a knack for the big play (he also has a knack for disregarding how his behavior affects team chemistry)
    6) This talk will continue ad nauseum