Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santonio Holmes Once a quitter, always a quitter, according to LaDainian Tomlinson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    All I said was he doesn't have the track record to call someone out, now your reading into it to much. LT is a much better teammate/person than Holmes will ever be. But the last thing I'd want my face of the franchise to be doing during the AFCCC is sulking under his helmet on the sideline.
    I agree with this. When things started to go bad I kept waiting for LT to step up and say or do something but he never did. He just sat back and sort of watched the train wreck last year. He may be right and I respect that but I don't think this is a fair comment coming from someone who didn't help at all. The O quit well before that game IMO and no one is without part of the blame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is a massively overrated #2 Wr masquerading and being paid as a #1 ass clown living off the rep of a super bowl catch. He quit on the team, he's a malcontent and worst of all he is not even that good. Worst move of all the Tanny moves in his reign is giving this piece of garbage a long term big dollar deal that we can't get away from.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn...good job extending the drive greene...oh wait, that was the savior powell right? the ball was out in front of him right sanchez?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    What ??? Tell me you just compared LT ... One of the NFLs most celebrated ironmen to SantonMEo 'I suck but got paid' Holmes ... Lt was one of the most respected teammates in history. Dump. Dump. Dump..
    Santonio has his faults but hes a clutch player. Super bowl MVP. Ridiculous game winning catch in the Super bowl. Won 4 weeks in a row for the Jets 2 seasons ago with the deciding play. Dagger in the Pats in the playoffs couple of seasons ago.

He makes big plays when it counts. LT never seemed to be around in the playoffs. Obviously LT is a better player, but he never did anything important in the playoffs.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Holmes is a massively overrated #2 Wr masquerading and being paid as a #1 ass clown living off the rep of a super bowl catch. He quit on the team, he's a malcontent and worst of all he is not even that good. Worst move of all the Tanny moves in his reign is giving this piece of garbage a long term big dollar deal that we can't get away from.
    You are so off base it's a joke. He's getting beat up out there; he takes his hits; took a dirty one down near the GL before the half; defender dove at his neck with his fists extended after Holmes had already been down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT u haz sum esplaineen too doo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One could argue that the game slipped out of our reach a few times today, but Holmes had a few vital catches on the game-winning drive.