Thread: EVALUATE REX AFTER 50 GAMES/ HAS HE SLIPPED SINCE INHERITING " MANGINI 'S TEAMS" ?

Talking EVALUATE REX AFTER 50 GAMES/ HAS HE SLIPPED SINCE INHERITING " MANGINI 'S TEAMS" ?

... FROM..WWW.ESPN.GO.COM....

=The team has slipped since the second AFC title-game appearance -- a 9-9 record since that crushing loss in Pittsburgh. What's more, the Jets haven't consistently beaten top competition. Since upsetting the Patriots in the 2010 divisional playoffs, they've defeated only two teams that were at least two games over .500 at the time of the game.

Ryan enjoyed tremendous prosperity in his first two years, coaching up the players he inherited from Eric Mangini. Now it's his team, and the mark of a great coach is his ability to adapt on the fly, maintaining success while fighting off the forces that threaten every good team's foundation -- age, salary cap, personnel mistakes, complacency, etc. We'll learn a lot about Ryan over the next three months.

Rex is the best D cordinator in the nfl. thats about it

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No SB yet, but there may be a possibility in the next 3 or 4 years.

yes, that Vernon Gholston guy was great.

edit: so was that Brett favre guy. or Brooks Bollinger. wait, who was the franchise QB Rex inherited again?

Bewildered Beast
    ESPN getting fat off of Jet fans' insecurity. These jerks hiding behind keyboards (real keyboards, real jerks) know that Jet fans are like the high-strung effete kids on the playground - whine whine whine - "touch" Jet fans and they immediately start crying.

COMMON!

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is fine

ESPN is a piece of crap

Wink more explosive offense can help Rex's future

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    ESPN getting fat off of Jet fans' insecurity. These jerks hiding behind keyboards (real keyboards, real jerks) know that Jet fans are like the high-strung effete kids on the playground - whine whine whine - "touch" Jet fans and they immediately start crying.

COMMON!
    Well stated. We are a Sensitive Lot, indeed. ! Lets hope the new acquisitions really pan out for us.... Coples; Demario Davis and S. Hill, esp. A few more offensive threats who can scare opponents and we should be ok. The next 14 games will tell us a lot about Sparano.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Well stated. We are a Sensitive Lot, indeed. ! Lets hope the new acquisitions really pan out for us.... Coples; Demario Davis and S. Hill, esp. A few more offensive threats who can scare opponents and we should be ok. The next 14 games will tell us a lot about Sparano.
    Sparano is fine; how horrible can he be? I'm thinking that we are dependent on contributions from the unproven; so that kind of defeats a baseline look at the guy.

Honestly, if the offense doesn't implode from the mix of players (ie Holmes getting frustrated that the other players are not helping taking the pressure off of him, meaning that the D can key on stopping #10) - if we avoid this scenario and play 60 minutes focused on the purpose of winning at any personal cost - then I will be happy with Tony Sparano.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-23-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You go to Rod's, or Edgars for the game? Does the Parker House have games? I know you are in Giant country?

2 AFC Championship games and a crappy 8-8 season. Most teams in the NFL would kill for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    2 AFC Championship games and a crappy 8-8 season. Most teams in the NFL would kill for that.
    Bingo! How soon we forget.

This is a franchise that retained a coach after a 3-13 season only to watch him go 1-15.

It is FANTASTIC that an 8-8 season now has us very disappointed and saying its unacceptable. It used to be that 8-8 would bring smiles.

I've seen much more good than bad from Rex Ryan. And there has definitely been both. But he's wising up a little and I think is somewhat self reflective about certain things....toning down the promises, no more SB guarantees, saying that it was his fault he didn't have the pulse of the team and see the issues on offense. I like that. He still has a lot of work to do growing out of the Def Coordinator mindset though and into a HC.

There is absolutely no reason at this point to consider getting rid of Rex Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Yep Browns fans would sign up in a heartbeat.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Yep Browns fans would sign up in a heartbeat.
    Browns fans would be pretty happy with just the 8-8 ...

Rex seem to be a good teacher on defense but the team at time comes out flat which is a damming statement for a good coach.

Also The team as a whole seems to be average at best as far as physical play and physical fitness which horrible for Rexs coaching grade.