Thread: Powell Has Replaced Greene as Starter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Powell Has Replaced Greene as Starter

Sunday, Sept 23, 2012. 1:35 pm.

Hope he remains there. And Thank god.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Rex, I wouldn't go that far yet. We can only hope, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just saw powell and greene in the BF at the same time on 3rd down.

The WRs can't get open.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BFD. I soooo don't get this offense and what it is they are tring to do??? This could be a r5eal ugly seen this year if things don't change in a real ****in hurry. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Getit turned around guys before this happens. Next seASON IS TOO FAR AWAY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point I am hoping so. At least he shows some explosiveness (albeit not a lot, but some).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell deserves to be the starter. He's been the best RB on the team thus far this season.

And to think he was actually competing with Joe McKnight of all people for the 2nd string nod less than a month ago. McKnight sucks and if not for his ability in KR's, he wouldn't be on this team. But even that won't be enough to sustain him with this team. I'd say unless McKnight starts to show more on the field, he'll get cut or traded at the end of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Powell deserves to be the starter. He's been the best RB on the team thus far this season.

And to think he was actually competing with Joe McKnight of all people for the 2nd string nod less than a month ago. McKnight sucks and if not for his ability in KR's, he wouldn't be on this team. But even that won't be enough to sustain him with this team. I'd say unless McKnight starts to show more on the field, he'll get cut or traded at the end of the season.
    Quoted For Truth

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    powell catches that

and it's first down ...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene is brutal. No threat to take it for a big gain, can't catch the ball, can't make defenders miss one on one in the open field, fumbles too much, goes down immediately after first contact and isn't even good in short yardage situations.

It's getting to the point I'd rather see McKnight above him on the depth chart and Greene becomes the third string RB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene is what he is; a guy you'd love to give the ball to in the second half, especially the 4th quarter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Greene is what he is; a guy you'd love to give the ball to in the second half, especially the 4th quarter.
    Wasn't it Greene that had that nice 10-yard run after bouncing off the pile? Granted that was about his only good play, but to be fair, he had one. Sadly though, I agree he's nearly washed up. Powell is nothing special but is probably going to be more effective once we paint his hands with pine sap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell needs some stickum to hold the ball well lol but Greene looks like he's hit a wall. Those memories of his playoff heroics vs Charger etc are a distant memory

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

There are still a group of posters on this board who think Joe McKnight is somehow being bottled up and not given a chance at RB. A superior talent waiting to emerge and dominate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    There are still a group of posters on this board who think Joe McKnight is somehow being bottled up and not given a chance at RB. A superior talent waiting to emerge and dominate.
    to be fair a lot of us thought woodhead wasn't nfl ready either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It took a long time, but today was the day I oficially gave up hope on Greene.

I had such hope.

Start Powell from now on and lets see what he has.

Use Greene occasionally, or late in games and hope he can give us something.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice to see Powell start and get the majority of the carries in the first half and bring Green in with fresh legs late in the game much like his rookie season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I had such hope.

they should show a statistic on the jets yards per play when greene is in and when he's out. just by my observations i think many of the jets big plays come when greene is out. i'd like to know whether greene was in for the long kerley pass and the holmes pass in OT.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I had such hope.

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    to be fair a lot of us thought woodhead wasn't nfl ready either.
    Fortunately I missed out on the Woodhead wars.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both of them suck. They are interchangeable. Ground and Pound sucks.