Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neither INT Sanchez's fault

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    The pass was intended for Hill and the pass was thrown before routes were completed since it was a fade. Cumberland ran his route too deep therefore bringing a defender into an area where no defender should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    This. If the route is run correctly, the man on Cumberland is nowhere near the ball (a few yards less deep and therefore a few yards further towards the goalpost). Instead, hens right in the lane, and choose enough to peel off and make the INT.

Sanchez has made several bad throws, no one's saying he's having a great game, but not on the interceptions.
    +1

He didn't throw very well today, but those INTs aren't on him. Those two deep patterns he overthrew need to be fixed and his decision making under duress at times is bad as well (like when he flipped the ball and it almost got picked by that LB). He also looks to be about a beat behind on his crossing patterns, hitting the second number and hip instead of the first number.

Funny how talking about Sanchez in a balanced way and from a standpoint of knowledge makes one an apologist, but attacking with the same "talking" point isn't considered trolling.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Lets all make up excuses for Sanchez! It makes his apologists feel so much better! The guy gets paid to win! I will say no more!
    And they did win. Where's the credit, dude? They don't win without him making the big throw.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    They were BOTH his fault and he's played like sh*t today. That makes two weeks in a row now.

All you Sanchez apologists need to get it through your skulls right now, a GOOD QB would make the players around him better. Sanchez does not do that. He's NEVER done that. Sanchez will play well if you give him PERFECTION all around him. But at that point, he isn't needed anyway. The rest of the team can win without a QB. He's very inconsistent, has accuracy issues, and completely sucks in the red zone.
    You sound so rational when you call in the radio show. I dig the split personality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    And they did win. Where's the credit, dude? They don't win without him making the big throw.
    Seriously? The guy's a troll, no way he gives credit to Sanchez for anything.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were BOTH his fault and he's played like sh*t today. That makes two weeks in a row now.

All you Sanchez apologists need to get it through your skulls right now, a GOOD QB would make the players around him better. Sanchez does not do that. He's NEVER done that. Sanchez will play well if you give him PERFECTION all around him. But at that point, he isn't needed anyway. The rest of the team can win without a QB. He's very inconsistent, has accuracy issues, and completely sucks in the red zone.
    If i am not mistaken last yer he was one of the best in the red zone if not the best

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If true and Cumby ran it too deep it still changes nothing. All the D was set to do was protect the endzone. Sending a TE to run a short pattern shouldnt move the S out of the endzone. It was 3rd and GL they miss the D wins. The S was right where he should have been unless Cumby was supposed to be on the other side. I doubt that is the case.
    The d was playing man to man. The s was on Cumberland. If he runs the route shorter and hard to the middle of the field, he is wide open or the s is not int the play. M

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    +1

He didn't throw very well today, but those INTs aren't on him. Those two deep patterns he overthrew need to be fixed and his decision making under duress at times is bad as well (like when he flipped the ball and it almost got picked by that LB). He also looks to be about a beat behind on his crossing patterns, hitting the second number and hip instead of the first number.

Funny how talking about Sanchez in a balanced way and from a standpoint of knowledge makes one an apologist, but attacking with the same "talking" point isn't considered trolling.
    Wasn't there something about the wrs not running fll speed in practice a couple seasons ago?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

every guy except holmes has very little experience playing with sanchez. the offense looked decent when powell was in there but it looks overall that the offense needs more time to get in synch

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    Wasn't there something about the wrs not running fll speed in practice a couple seasons ago?
    Yup. I suppose that could be part of it, but Sanchez needs to account for that then, especially with inexperienced/unfamiliar receivers.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He seems to hit kerly and Holmes pretty decent. Maybe they should quit wasting time in practice with tebow at TE

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Sanchez had a very up and down game today. On alot of his crossing patterns he would throw a bit behind the receivers, which killed their chances of running after the catch. He also overthrew a wide open Schillens and Cumberland in the EZ.

At the same time, he should have had a TD on the fade to Hill, and on the play where Hill was open deep, that was actually a perfect throw, but Hill pulled up at the last second with his hamstring tweak. I also thought that Sanchez did a great job of takign hits and making a few good throws in the face of pressure. Today he played well enough to win. I'm not sure if this kind of performance would beat many other teams, but it got the job done today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    If i am not mistaken last yer he was one of the best in the red zone if not the best
    Yeah, sure he was when he had Plaxico Burress on the team. The only thing is, Sanchez couldn't find him between the 20's. So if it isn't one thing, it's something else with Sanchez. Don't you understand by now that where there's smoke there's fire? Everyone just keeps on making excuses for him. When do those excuses run out?

He got the best of everything and was coddled his first two seasons in the league. Now, the team isn't as good and in turn they've NEEDED Sanchez to get better. He hasn't gotten better, if anything he's gotten worse. A good QB raises the level of play for everyone on the field when he enters the game.

Anyone who knows good QB play knows that. Hell, Chad Pennington of all people RAISED the level of talent of everyone on the field when he took the field. It was on full display in 2006. Penny/Clemens had an open QB competition going on. When Brooks Bollinger or Kellen Clemens played QB, the offense looked horrible. They looked out of sync. They couldn't run the ball, they couldn't block, etc,.

But when Penny took the field? Suddenly the entire offense looked much better. They had confidence. They played with passion.

THAT is exactly what the Jets have needed from Sanchez. Instead, when the team isn't playing all that well? Sanchez follows them right down the toilet.

And Shevys??? Please read this post. I can't explain it any better and it makes total sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    I thought Sanchez had a very up and down game today. On alot of his crossing patterns he would throw a bit behind the receivers, which killed their chances of running after the catch. He also overthrew a wide open Schillens and Cumberland in the EZ.

At the same time, he should have had a TD on the fade to Hill, and on the play where Hill was open deep, that was actually a perfect throw, but Hill pulled up at the last second with his hamstring tweak. I also thought that Sanchez did a great job of takign hits and making a few good throws in the face of pressure. Today he played well enough to win. I'm not sure if this kind of performance would beat many other teams, but it got the job done today.
    Agreed, although I give him a partial pass on the one overthrow where he escaped the first sack (Cumberland?).

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

A very legit criticism of Sanchez is being behind receivers a lot on short and intermediate routes. But, when he's on the money, there are a lot of drops, too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, sure he was when he had Plaxico Burress on the team. The only thing is, Sanchez couldn't find him between the 20's. So if it isn't one thing, it's something else with Sanchez. Don't you understand by now that where there's smoke there's fire? Everyone just keeps on making excuses for him. When do those excuses run out?

He got the best of everything and was coddled his first two seasons in the league. Now, the team isn't as good and in turn they've NEEDED Sanchez to get better. He hasn't gotten better, if anything he's gotten worse. A good QB raises the level of play for everyone on the field when he enters the game.

Anyone who knows good QB play knows that. Hell, Chad Pennington of all people RAISED the level of talent of everyone on the field when he took the field. It was on full display in 2006. Penny/Clemens had an open QB competition going on. When Brooks Bollinger or Kellen Clemens played QB, the offense looked horrible. They looked out of sync. They couldn't run the ball, they couldn't block, etc,.

But when Penny took the field? Suddenly the entire offense looked much better. They had confidence. They played with passion.

THAT is exactly what the Jets have needed from Sanchez. Instead, when the team isn't playing all that well? Sanchez follows them right down the toilet.

And Shevys??? Please read this post. I can't explain it any better and it makes total sense.

Completely agree. Sanchez is in his fourth year and QBs in their second and rookie years are playing at levels he will NEVER reach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Lets all make up excuses for Sanchez! It makes his apologists feel so much better! The guy gets paid to win! I will say no more!
    So, Sanchez earned his dough today. Despite 7 dropped passes and a couple of lame ducks on his part... he won.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Sanchez's fault that Plaxico couldn't get open between the 20's?

Look at his stats the first three years. TD's, Comp%, Yards. All increasing. That is what we call progression. Not to mention, he continued this trend last year despite having an offensive line set on ending his season early at the hands of some unblocked DE.

Chad Pennington. Talent Raiser.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    The pass was intended for Hill and the pass was thrown before routes were completed since it was a fade. Cumberland ran his route too deep therefore bringing a defender into an area where no defender should have been.
    Ni ether interception was completely on Sanchez. I just do not understand the hate this guy garners. The first was a piss poor route on Gates I just love the guy in the game thread saying it was mark's fault for throwing to a young receivers.... Go figure who else was open there, better yet who outside of holmes is not a young receivers?

The second he was forcing a little but the route buy the TE was about two yards too deep and the te did not get into his cut sooner. If the routes are ran right that is is a td just like the four drops I saw today. So before you say Mark is piss poor get down on the skill players for not catching the damn ball when they should 1 td two first downs and drop and 2nd long is what i saw today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    It's Sanchez's fault that Plaxico couldn't get open between the 20's?
    It's not entirely his fault, but he is 50% to blame for it. Plax is a HUGE target and Sanchez should have been able to at least throw some high balls for him. It takes two to make chemistry. Plax has made chemistry with MANY QB's in this league. How many receivers has Sanchez made chemistry with?

Look at his stats the first three years. TD's, Comp%, Yards. All increasing. That is what we call progression. Not to mention, he continued this trend last year despite having an offensive line set on ending his season early at the hands of some unblocked DE.
    Progression?! My A$$. His numbers did increase but at such a miniscule amount you might as well say he regressed. And what does that mean for you? That means you'll get a great QB sometime in the year 2017 if he keeps on progressing at such small amounts. And once again, MORE excuses for the Sanchez apologists. The excuses ran out after his second season. We needed him to step up last season and instead he folded up like a lawn chair.

Chad Pennington. Talent Raiser.
    MUCH moreso than Sanchez ever was or ever will be for that matter. And it's obvious that you never watched the team in training camp or else you wouldn't be arguing anything so stupid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    Ni ether interception was completely on Sanchez. I just do not understand the hate this guy garners. The first was a piss poor route on Gates I just love the guy in the game thread saying it was mark's fault for throwing to a young receivers.... Go figure who else was open there, better yet who outside of holmes is not a young receivers?

The second he was forcing a little but the route buy the TE was about two yards too deep and the te did not get into his cut sooner. If the routes are ran right that is is a td just like the four drops I saw today. So before you say Mark is piss poor get down on the skill players for not catching the damn ball when they should 1 td two first downs and drop and 2nd long is what i saw today
    2nd int is on Sanchez, but Sanchez missed wide open receivers on 3 occasions, threw behind crossing players on 2 occasions, and 3 passes that could have easily been picked off to nowhere.

Sanchez was a disaster today. In the end he made some plays, but the wide open plays have to be made.