Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neither INT Sanchez's fault

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Completely agree. Sanchez is in his fourth year and QBs in their second and rookie years are playing at levels he will NEVER reach.
    some things fans will never learn while entitled to your opinion no matter how completely wrong or inept your knowledge is I will defend your right to it. But jesus if you liek the game so much then learn more about it. This year has not been Mark last year was not marks fault. Plexiglass was crap in between the 20s they would have been better with Edwards. Every QB has a go to receiver who is Marks since Edwards left? His only TE he has some relationship has missed most of the last three games, You have RBs dropping first owns that hit them in their hands never mind hill TEs that can run a route or turn thier heads for receptions.
    But you could do better? No one could that is my point. This team needs to spend a high first on a receiver or a Back

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It's not entirely his fault, but he is 50% to blame for it. Plax is a HUGE target and Sanchez should have been able to at least throw some high balls for him. It takes two to make chemistry. Plax has made chemistry with MANY QB's in this league. How many receivers has Sanchez made chemistry with?

Progression?! My A$$. His numbers did increase but at such a miniscule amount you might as well say he regressed. And what does that mean for you? That means you'll get a great QB sometime in the year 2017 if he keeps on progressing at such small amounts. And once again, MORE excuses for the Sanchez apologists. The excuses ran out after his second season. We needed him to step up last season and instead he folded up like a lawn chair.

MUCH moreso than Sanchez ever was or ever will be for that matter. And it's obvious that you never watched the team in training camp or else you wouldn't be arguing anything so stupid.
    I forget where is Plexi playing this year I mean he is so great at getting open he should be on someones roster........
    By the way here are his stats 26 tds last year from 17 yeah horrible growth rates if you choose to use the stats then use them all just do not look at the percentage on completions or yard which both improved. do not make me pull out Mannings averages his first 3 or 4 years. You might be shocked to see they are the same

PASSING
    Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
    2012 New York Jets 2 54 29 53.7 27.0 404 7.5 202.0 4 7.4 1 1.9 45 6 1 2 9 95.0
    2011 New York Jets 16 543 308 56.7 33.9 3,474 6.4 217.1 26 4.8 18 3.3 74 39 2 39 243 78.2
    2010 New York Jets 16 507 278 54.8 31.7 3,291 6.5 205.7 17 3.4 13 2.6 74T 43 10 27 171 75.3
    2009 New York Jets 15 364 196 53.8 24.3 2,444 6.7 162.9 12 3.3 20 5.5 65T 34 8 26 195 63.0
    TOTAL 49 1,468 811 55.2 30.0 9,613 6.5 196.2 59 4.0 52 3.5 74 122 21 94 618 74.0
    Last edited by rammagen; 09-23-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    flags
    are
    Holmes
    specialty
    Defense cant game plan for this secret weapon!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not entirely his fault, but he is 50% to blame for it. Plax is a HUGE target and Sanchez should have been able to at least throw some high balls for him. It takes two to make chemistry. Plax has made chemistry with MANY QB's in this league. How many receivers has Sanchez made chemistry with?

Progression?! My A$$. His numbers did increase but at such a miniscule amount you might as well say he regressed. And what does that mean for you? That means you'll get a great QB sometime in the year 2017 if he keeps on progressing at such small amounts. And once again, MORE excuses for the Sanchez apologists. The excuses ran out after his second season. We needed him to step up last season and instead he folded up like a lawn chair.

MUCH moreso than Sanchez ever was or ever will be for that matter. And it's obvious that you never watched the team in training camp or else you wouldn't be arguing anything so stupid.
    as stupid as basing all your facts off training camp performance and expecting a 4th year quarterback to be all pro?

that stupid?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to USA today-Cumberland was supposed to run a fade route and instead cut in

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    According to USA today-Cumberland was supposed to run a fade route and instead cut in
    Either way we need Keller back. He wasn't to blame but breaking his route took him out of the play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    I forget where is Plexi playing this year I mean he is so great at getting open he should be on someones roster........
    By the way here are his stats 26 tds last year from 17 yeah horrible growth rates if you choose to use the stats then use them all just do not look at the percentage on completions or yard which both improved. do not make me pull out Mannings averages his first 3 or 4 years. You might be shocked to see they are the same

PASSING
    Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
    2012 New York Jets 2 54 29 53.7 27.0 404 7.5 202.0 4 7.4 1 1.9 45 6 1 2 9 95.0
    2011 New York Jets 16 543 308 56.7 33.9 3,474 6.4 217.1 26 4.8 18 3.3 74 39 2 39 243 78.2
    2010 New York Jets 16 507 278 54.8 31.7 3,291 6.5 205.7 17 3.4 13 2.6 74T 43 10 27 171 75.3
    2009 New York Jets 15 364 196 53.8 24.3 2,444 6.7 162.9 12 3.3 20 5.5 65T 34 8 26 195 63.0
    TOTAL 49 1,468 811 55.2 30.0 9,613 6.5 196.2 59 4.0 52 3.5 74 122 21 94 618 74.0
    This has all been mentioned before too many times here, including the silly Eli stat references too. The only thing you left out were the 4 road playoff wins...

26 Tds, but how many fumbles and int's?
    Did his td to turn over ratio improve or get worse?
    Is there even one other "quality" starter who completes under 60% of his passes in today's pass friendly NFL?

Oh that's right when his performances/stats are bad, it's the WR's, RB, Oline, offensive coordinator's, etc... Fault.

Hard to argue with Sanchez supporters, everything good is because of him and everything bad is because of everyone else.

I'm done arguing.
    His on the field performance speaks for itself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    dude;. the WR route was designed to clear out the CB. which didnt happen.
    this

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    This has all been mentioned before too many times here, including the silly Eli stat references too. The only thing you left out were the 4 road playoff wins...

26 Tds, but how many fumbles and int's?
    Did his td to turn over ratio improve or get worse?
    Is there even one other "quality" starter who completes under 60% of his passes in today's pass friendly NFL?

Oh that's right when his performances/stats are bad, it's the WR's, RB, Oline, offensive coordinator's, etc... Fault.

Hard to argue with Sanchez supporters, everything good is because of him and everything bad is because of everyone else.

I'm done arguing.
    His on the field performance speaks for itself.
    You know the problem with this forum. Everything has to be BLACK OR WHITE.

What you don't seem to understand is that with all his shortcomings, he is still a WINNING QUARTERBACK. He is in his 4th year after playing in two consecutive AFC championship games, winning in playoff games against HOF QBs in THEIR BUILDING.

He only started 13 games in college and probably should have stayed in school. He came in AND STARTED IMMEDIATELY.

He has gotten better every year although he still has a ways to go. Last year he struggled for a variety of reason we are aware of.

This year, he has been some what up and down and didn't have a great game today by any means; how every he came up big when he needed to and got the team in the end zone. It is the third game of season and to think he won't improve and develop more chemistry with his receivers is just SOJ mentality..

Look, Sanchez is not a finished product; he is still developing, and sometimes it will be ugly, unfortunately he plays in NY; a city with some of the most impatient and reactionary fans on earth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Sanchez was a disaster today. In the end he made some plays, but the wide open plays have to be made.
    He made plays when the Dolphin defense was too butt-tired to keep up with our O towards the end of the game. Miami's gift to us were those horrible 3 and outs with incomplete passes that were not even close to completions - in the fourth quarter while they had a lead!!!

Their defense was tired at the right time for us.

I'm no Sanchez fan, but he made some big plays once it got easier for him.

Stuff like his INTs, well, I expect that from him. How can any of us not?

And, yes, Hill dropped a perfect pass.
    Last edited by sackdance; 09-23-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    You know the problem with this forum. Everything has to be BLACK OR WHITE.

What you don't seem to understand is that with all his shortcomings, he is still a WINNING QUARTERBACK. He is in his 4th year after playing in two consecutive AFC championship games, winning in playoff games against HOF QBs in THEIR BUILDING.

He only started 13 games in college and probably should have stayed in school. He came in AND STARTED IMMEDIATELY.

He has gotten better every year although he still has a ways to go. Last year he struggled for a variety of reason we are aware of.

This year, he has been some what up and down and didn't have a great game today by any means; how every he came up big when he needed to and got the team in the end zone. It is the third game of season and to think he won't improve and develop more chemistry with his receivers is just SOJ mentality..

Look, Sanchez is not a finished product; he is still developing, and sometimes it will be ugly, unfortunately he plays in NY; a city with some of the most impatient and reactionary fans on earth.
    No you are just an APOLOGIST

I say we boo Sanchez unmercilessly like we did last year!!! We all know how much that helped hm and the team...

I am just joking obviously!!

You are 100% correct...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were BOTH his fault and he's played like sh*t today. That makes two weeks in a row now.

All you Sanchez apologists need to get it through your skulls right now, a GOOD QB would make the players around him better. Sanchez does not do that. He's NEVER done that. Sanchez will play well if you give him PERFECTION all around him. But at that point, he isn't needed anyway. The rest of the team can win without a QB. He's very inconsistent, has accuracy issues, and completely sucks in the red zone.
    Wasn't he the MOST efficient QB in the red zone last year? I think that he is poorly served by his WR's this year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Yes but its still Cumberland's error. He ran the route too deep into Hill's area. This allowed the Safety who was on Cumberland to peel off and make the pick in an area he was not supposed to be in.
    Exactly. This one on Cumberland, not Sanchez. His route was to clear out the safety but he chose a bad angle allowing the safety to peel off making the INT.
    That would have been a TD....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan View Post
    Exactly. This one on Cumberland, not Sanchez. His route was to clear out the safety but he chose a bad angle allowing the safety to peel off making the INT.
    That would have been a TD....
    Not on Cumby and would not have been a TD. Even if it prevented the INT it was still well off target. He did not break route until after the ball was in the air. I dont think what he did made any difference on the outcome personally.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez is STILL developing , how long do we give him ??????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    as stupid as basing all your facts off training camp performance and expecting a 4th year quarterback to be all pro?

that stupid?
    Oh, so now according to you Training camp means NOTHING?! THAT, I've got news for you, is where the CS decides who is going to make the team, who will start, where they need to add talent, and a plethora of other very important things.

So, YES, I very much do think training camp is important.

Also, stop posting things that aren't true. I never said I expected Sanchez to be an all pro after his 4th year. I just want him to improve over his ROOKIE season. He hasn't.

But I must say it seems as though I'm arguing with someone who has NO idea how a football is run. No more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this is kind of funny:

Everyone's favorite comparison (mine included), is Drew Brees. This is the absolute best-case scenario for Sanchez (based on his time to develop, size/stature, etc)...

Everyone would agree that year 4 was the big breakout year for Brees. In fact, Brees's year 3 was much worse than Sanchez's year 3. Anyway...more of a coincidence than anything else...but in Brees's 4th year...

Game 1: 125.2 QB rating
    Game 2: 47.1 QB rating (he played awful)
    Game 3: 59.7 QB rating (he played awful)

He then went on to have a 104 rating for the season...and as we all have seen, a HOF career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...uLYF?year=2004

Please, let's not close the book on Sanchez, yet, ok? Thanks
    Last edited by JamaicanJetFan; 09-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so now according to you Training camp means NOTHING?! THAT, I've got news for you, is where the CS decides who is going to make the team, who will start, where they need to add talent, and a plethora of other very important things.

So, YES, I very much do think training camp is important.

Also, stop posting things that aren't true. I never said I expected Sanchez to be an all pro after his 4th year. I just want him to improve over his ROOKIE season. He hasn't.

But I must say it seems as though I'm arguing with someone who has NO idea how a football is run. No more.
    Actually, if you think critically and don't type in caps to prove your point you might see there is improvement even if it isn't as much as you would hope.

First off Sanchez last season was definitely improved over his 2nd year. He put up some big numbers and that was with a worse team. He fell apart at the end of the year and definitely could not carry his team but he was improved for the most part.

As for this season, he is throwing the ball into areas he knows he has to throw it into. One pass in particular he threw to an area he knew Schillens was supposed to be in and hit it. Schillens was covered but made the cut right when he had to and got just open enough to make the play. The same goes for his pocket presence and willingness to stay in a collapsing pocket. He's also going through progressions better.

What he isn't doing however, is completing what he has to complete. Sometimes the play slips away from him and in an effort to stay in the pocket he'll lose discipline and stride further than normal. This makes his passes float and he misses high. He also loses faith in his receivers that aren't Holmes very quickly. In Pittsburgh, he threw a ball where he thought Kerley was going to adjust to since the safety was looking to crush him. Kerley didn't adjust and the pass was incomplete. Sanchez started speaking to Kerley indicating what he saw and why he threw it where he did. Then he didn't throw the ball to Kerley again.

It's only week 3. Who knows what's gonna happen but Sanchez is playing differently than he has in the past if he doesn't regress and continues to get comfortable in the offense the team may start to hit it's stride come playoff time. The o-line will also get better and the run game will likely improve so I don't get the point of speaking in definitive statements yet.
    Last edited by kdelgado; 09-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sick and tired of the Sanchez bashing

I am sick and tired of the Sanchez bashing. He has little to no receivers, when he gets it to them they drop the ball, they run the wrong patterns, like the posted said neither int was his fault, he has absolutely no running game and definitely no outside speed from the RB position and he is usually running for his life. The RT position is rearing its ugly head again. We are a very easy team to play defense against!

I will say Sanchez has to improve his long ball as well as getting the ball in a position where his players can do something with it. Lastly, watching other games the receiverss make great catches and I have not seen that from our guys, not even close.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Actually, if you think critically and don't type in caps to prove your point you might see there is improvement even if it isn't as much as you would hope.

First off Sanchez last season was definitely improved over his 2nd year. He put up some big numbers and that was with a worse team. He fell apart at the end of the year and definitely could not carry his team but he was improved for the most part.

As for this season, he is throwing the ball into areas he knows he has to throw it into. One pass in particular he threw to an area he knew Schillens was supposed to be in and hit it. Schillens was covered but made the cut right when he had to and got just open enough to make the play. The same goes for his pocket presence and willingness to stay in a collapsing pocket. He's also going through progressions better.

What he isn't doing however, is completing what he has to complete. Sometimes the play slips away from him and in an effort to stay in the pocket he'll lose discipline and stride further than normal. This makes his passes float and he misses high. He also loses faith in his receivers that aren't Holmes very quickly. In Pittsburgh, he threw a ball where he thought Kerley was going to adjust to since the safety was looking to crush him. Kerley didn't adjust and the pass was incomplete. Sanchez started speaking to Kerley indicating what he saw and why he threw it where he did. Then he didn't throw the ball to Kerley again.

It's only week 3. Who knows what's gonna happen but Sanchez is playing differently than he has in the past if he doesn't regress and continues to get comfortable in the offense the team may start to hit it's stride come playoff time. The o-line will also get better and the run game will likely improve so I don't get the point of speaking in definitive statements yet.
    while sanchez was busy all offseason studying the new offense, i wonder if it dawned on any of the wrs that it would help if they too learned it. moreso than the past 3 yrs i see sanchez throwing to spots but the wrs/tes aren't getting there, and you see sanchez seeking them out to talk about it rather than sulk. his onfield demeanor is different after the misses. even his explanation of the INT in the endzone was interesting, calling it a miscommunication. i thought it was a veiled way to say that cumberland messed up the route.