Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Neither INT Sanchez's fault

You mean Mark Sanchez QB of the first place New York Jets?

Who do you want them to put in? Tebow?

McElroy?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Lets all make up excuses for Sanchez! It makes his apologists feel so much better! The guy gets paid to win!
    watch some football first...

By the way, the Jets won...

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I will say no more!
    good.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfanfromthestart View Post
    I am sick and tired of the Sanchez bashing. He has little to no receivers, when he gets it to them they drop the ball, they run the wrong patterns, like the posted said neither int was his fault, he has absolutely no running game and definitely no outside speed from the RB position and he is usually running for his life. The RT position is rearing its ugly head again. We are a very easy team to play defense against!

I will say Sanchez has to improve his long ball as well as getting the ball in a position where his players can do something with it. Lastly, watching other games the receiverss make great catches and I have not seen that from our guys, not even close.
    But it should be Sanchez that makes the team hard to defend. He makes the passes he's supposed to make and the defense plays differently. He hits Schillens it's a touchdown the game is over. He's getting better but now he has to do be able to extend the play or hit back shoulder throws. He also has to make the plays he's supposed to, now he's hitting receivers in tight windows in the chest and they're dropping the ball but that catch is harder than being open in the endzone.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Saying that Sanchez was not responsible for those picks is not the same as saying he had a good day. Yes, he had several receivers run bad routes, and drop a few well thrown balls; yes, the lack of a run game left him in too many 3rd and longs, leaving him under pressure on his most important throws. But in those situations and others, he looked more like the Sanchez of late last year, and less like the Sanchez of the Buffalo game and previous years. He made some bad throws, a couple of which were relatively easy (I think he overthrew Hill whether Hill came up gimpy or not), and several of which should have gone for longer gains instead of short gains or incomplete when he didn't put the ball in the right place for the receiver to catch and run. He didn't play well, he never got into a rhythm, and while I hate the whole Tebow situation, I think they did a better job of choosing when to use him (with the exception of the 2nd down and goal - I think you bring him in 1st down, or not at all. And if you bring him in 2nd down, give him 3rd down as well to give the D something more to think about).
    Last edited by isired; 09-24-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    You know the problem with this forum. Everything has to be BLACK OR WHITE.

What you don't seem to understand is that with all his shortcomings, he is still a WINNING QUARTERBACK. He is in his 4th year after playing in two consecutive AFC championship games, winning in playoff games against HOF QBs in THEIR BUILDING.

He only started 13 games in college and probably should have stayed in school. He came in AND STARTED IMMEDIATELY.

He has gotten better every year although he still has a ways to go. Last year he struggled for a variety of reason we are aware of.

This year, he has been some what up and down and didn't have a great game today by any means; how every he came up big when he needed to and got the team in the end zone. It is the third game of season and to think he won't improve and develop more chemistry with his receivers is just SOJ mentality..

Look, Sanchez is not a finished product; he is still developing, and sometimes it will be ugly, unfortunately he plays in NY; a city with some of the most impatient and reactionary fans on earth.

Very logical......... so, naturally, it will be shot full of holes by the anti-Sanchez crowd---- they just KNOW that Sanchez will never get better....... they're all former scouts, after all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not on Cumby and would not have been a TD. Even if it prevented the INT it was still well off target. He did not break route until after the ball was in the air. I dont think what he did made any difference on the outcome personally.
    If you believe any of that after watching that play over again, you're loony and need to study up on Football 101. Sorry, but that's the truth.

The route wasn't "broken", it was run incorrectly. It was supposed to be shallower, which would have taken the coverage towards the middle of the field, leaving Hill with inside position 1 on 1. In that case, the ball hits him square in the chest. With Cumberland pushing his route up-field more, it allowed his defender to be in closer proximity of the TIMING throw, allowing him to break off and make a play with his new-found inside position. The fact that you said it was a "broken route" leads me to believe that you A) didn't watch it again, B) have an agenda, or C) are an idiot. I'll go ahead and stick with A or B because I'm a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    You know the problem with this forum. Everything has to be BLACK OR WHITE.

What you don't seem to understand is that with all his shortcomings, he is still a WINNING QUARTERBACK. He is in his 4th year after playing in two consecutive AFC championship games, winning in playoff games against HOF QBs in THEIR BUILDING.

He only started 13 games in college and probably should have stayed in school. He came in AND STARTED IMMEDIATELY.

He has gotten better every year although he still has a ways to go. Last year he struggled for a variety of reason we are aware of.

This year, he has been some what up and down and didn't have a great game today by any means; how every he came up big when he needed to and got the team in the end zone. It is the third game of season and to think he won't improve and develop more chemistry with his receivers is just SOJ mentality..

Look, Sanchez is not a finished product; he is still developing, and sometimes it will be ugly, unfortunately he plays in NY; a city with some of the most impatient and reactionary fans on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Saying that Sanchez was not responsible for those picks is not the same as saying he had a good day. Yes, he had several receivers run bad routes, and drop a few well thrown balls; yes, the lack of a run game left him in too many 3rd and longs, leaving him under pressure on his most important their. But in those situations and others, he looked more like the Sanchez of late last year, and less like the Sanchez of the Buffalo game and previous years. He made some bad throws, a couple of which were relatively easy (I think he overthrew Hill whether Hill came up gimpy or not), and several of which should have gone for longer gains instead of short gains or incomplete when he didn't put the ball in the right place for the receiver to catch and run. He didn't play well, he never got into a rhythm, and while I hate the whole Tebow situation, I think they did a better job of choosing when to use him (with the exception of the 2nd down and goal - I think you bring him in 1st down, or not at all. And if you bring him in 2nd down, give him 3rd down as well to give the D something more to think about).
    Well-stated fellas. Won't matter a lick to the regular 10 or so nutters, but great posts nonetheless.
    Last edited by Jetworks; 09-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.