Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Barkley

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    you have a valid poing concerning size. I think Mark's lack of superior height hurts him and the team.
    Even thou i also prefer a QB of the size being talked about here, the problem i have most with Sanchez is his lack of heart. You need no more evidence that the pass he threw over the head of the wide open receiver in the end zone after avoiding the rush on that attempted roll out after Greene got stuffed at the goal line.

You complete that Pass even if it means they cart you off the field afterwards. This cat doesn't want to get hit,and when he does, he's as usefull as a blind seeing eye dog.

No thanks. Lattimore would be a nice pickup but his knee ligament issue is concerning

Ridiculous.

Sanchez has been fine so far this season. We have nothing at WR outside of Holmes and occasionally Kerley (if we're playing an inept secondary), Keller isn't playing and the running game is garbage so far. Amazing we're not 3-0 with that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You've used this several times already. It wasn't funny the first 8 times, what makes you think it will be funny the 9th?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    You've used this several times already. It wasn't funny the first 8 times, what makes you think it will be funny the 9th?
    It's a satirical commentary on all the chicken littles around here ... Now that is funny.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Even thou i also prefer a QB of the size being talked about here, the problem i have most with Sanchez is his lack of heart. You need no more evidence that the pass he threw over the head of the wide open receiver in the end zone after avoiding the rush on that attempted roll out after Greene got stuffed at the goal line.

You complete that Pass even if it means they cart you off the field afterwards. This cat doesn't want to get hit,and when he does, he's as usefull as a blind seeing eye dog.
    So completions and accuracy all come down to ability to have heart

Got it. Who's scouting department are you apart of again?

By far one of the dumbest things I've read here. The dude didn't make the pass because he's inaccurate. End of story

Back on subject, Barkley is worse than Sanchez and is another QB in a long line of USC QB's who are not only surrounded by uneven talent, but play in a conference that traditionally have awful defenses. Couple that with near perfect weather in SoCal for half the games a year and you get gaudy numbers.

SEC or ACC, unless the prospect shows something other's can't you have to draft out of those conferences.

The big gun in the SEC is definitely Tyler Bray. At 6'5" he is the prototypical size you want in a QB. He's fairly accurate and he plays against defensive talent who can possibly start in the NFL. The issue I have with Bray is his mobility is questionable and his tendency to shy away from contact when under pressure is alarming. He throws off his back foot or just flutters the ball in the air. That's not going to fly in the NFL and it's something you can't exactly teach

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You already have 1 and had another on the roster during training camp. Where did TeBow play again?

Not trying to be funny here, but not sure if it's ACC, SEC, or Big East.

Renfree is Under-rated
    Certainty is a funny thing.

You can't assume that plugging in every QB fromt he SEC will make you a contender

But on the other hand you can assume that USC Qb's will fail in the next level