Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground and Pound? We have 47 rushing yards while Miami has 150 rushing yards.

Ground and Pound? We have 47 rushing yards while Miami has 150 rushing yards.

Every week it's like the ground game is an absolute joke.

But then again this Jets team so far this year is pretty laughable.

Hopefully next week we pick it up.

Hall Of Fame
    This team is a fraud. HC and GM are Kool-Aid salesmen.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL Yeah our sick running game will pick it up against San Francisco, lmao....

The biggest problem with the coach and front office is they do not see the holes and declining play until at least one year if not two years later. Fans on this site see these things (ie Greenes decling play last year) and many other things way sooner than Rex and Tanny.

Quote Originally Posted by NuJurzy87 View Post
    Every week it's like the ground game is an absolute joke.

But then again this Jets team so far this year is pretty laughable.

Hopefully next week we pick it up.
    Um do you know who we play next week?

Sorry bro, we ain't picking up nothin next week.

I don't understand. It's ground and pound. Hit the ground today a lot. Pounded the hell out of it. Don't see what your complaint is...

All League
    If they don't start Powell next week they're insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    If they don't start Powell next week they're insane.
    shawn greene: 19 carries for 40 yards. 2 receptions for 9 yards.

bilal powell: 10 carries for 45 yards. 2 receptions for 24 yards. and one long one called back b/c of a holmes holding penalty.

Veteran
    After this game, no one can say that Greene looks better than Powell anymore. NO ONE! I'm so sick of watching Greene and his two yards and a cloud of dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    After this game, no one can say that Greene looks better than Powell anymore. NO ONE! I'm so sick of watching Greene and his two yards and a cloud of dust.
    powell actually looked good. he has nice vision and cutback ability. he actually looks like he could break a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    This ... But Rex will start Greene anyway !

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    SF, who just lost to the Vikes? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This ... But Rex will start Greene anyway !
    he may start him but i think this game was the start of powell taking away carries and getting a few passes thrown his way. powell also had that nice reception called back b/c of a penalty. he really added a dimension to the offense they lacked, while his productivity basically kept tebow on the bench. the jets didn't need the wildcat, they needed a faster rb who could catch.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he may start him but i think this game was the start of powell taking away carries and getting a few passes thrown his way. powell also had that nice reception called back b/c of a penalty. he really added a dimension to the offense they lacked, while his productivity basically kept tebow on the bench. the jets didn't need the wildcat, they needed a faster rb who could catch.
    I agree completely

If you guys think that Powell is the answer, I have some swamp land in Texas I would like to sell you---Of course, Greene is very average, but Powell isn't much better. Again, the Jet fan has been in the desert so long that he can't make rational judgements about players any more. He is constantly awaiting the Messiah.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The biggest problem with the coach and front office is they do not see the holes and declining play until at least one year if not two years later. Fans on this site see these things (ie Greenes decling play last year) and many other things way sooner than Rex and Tanny.
    Sad, but true

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    If you guys think that Powell is the answer, I have some swamp land in Texas I would like to sell you---Of course, Greene is very average, but Powell isn't much better. Again, the Jet fan has been in the desert so long that he can't make rational judgements about players any more. He is constantly awaiting the Messiah.
    powell averages twice the yards per carry as greene and was a factor in the passing game. he may not be marshall faulk but at the very least, he deserves more touches. i thought the offense was much smoother when powell was the rb and they passed more. they were less predictable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Miami's run defense is just as good as San Francisco's, statsically at least. Dolphins have played better rushing teams too.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Keep your swamp land and keep waiting for Godot. Powell's heaps better than Greene as a starter, from what we've seen. Keep Shonn as the closer and spell Pow. The End

Jets Insider VIP
    Our Ground and Powell was pretty effective in OT

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2