Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Bring Back P Turner?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,742

    Bring Back P Turner?

    He is slow, but runs the right routes. Sanchez has no chemistry with the new guys brought in after the PS was over.

    BTW - I do admit to calling him a JAG ("Just a Guy"). Fast and lost is not an improvement.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 09-23-2012 at 05:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Holmes has like 9 catches for 147 yards, Kerley had a 66 yarder, and Shill even had one good play.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,844
    Is Gates better than him?

  4. #4
    We need Keller back in there IMO. Without him Sanchez can't get away with some of the bonehead moves he has in the past.

  5. #5
    I liked Chaz. Didn't notice him outside of a good catch and burning a DB on that pass Sanchez overthrew him on.

    More of him would be nice for me.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    I liked Chaz. Didn't notice him outside of a good catch and burning a DB on that pass Sanchez overthrew him on.

    More of him would be nice for me.
    He had one up the middle where he was almost broken in two sacrificing himself.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He had one up the middle where he was almost broken in two sacrificing himself.

    Looks like I predicted the Jets move today. They resigned him today.

    With Keller injured, I wonder if Turner can play TE on a few plays?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Looks like I predicted the Jets move today. They resigned him today.

    With Keller injured, I wonder if Turner can play TE on a few plays?
    Sanchez needs some bigger targets with decent hands that can get some decent separation as well. Cumby hasn't exactly made life easier for Mark in pressure situations, he hasn't risen to the occassion as one would expect. Hill seems to be suffering from stagefright as well. Someone has to complement Tone and calm everyone's nerves

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Patrick Turner is a better receiver than Clide Gates. This Jet regime looks more for potential than actual accomplishments.


    To some extent, so do most of the Fans. Want a trade, call the Rams and find out if they would trade RB Isiah Pead.

  10. #10
    It's no surprise. He was rumored to be coming back. He was let go similar to BThomas. Had a hammy injury and jets needed the roster spot and wasn't likely to be picked up by another team

    Now Hill has the hammy injury and most likely wont play Sunday. However Hill won't be waived this week.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Patrick Turner is a better receiver than Clide Gates. This Jet regime looks more for potential than actual accomplishments.


    To some extent, so do most of the Fans. Want a trade, call the Rams and find out if they would trade RB Isiah Pead.
    I don't think so due to the fact that Gates is more of a slot guy. Same play yesterday with Gates instead of Kerely and that's 6 points guaranteed.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Is Gates better than him?
    VT, *I'M* better than Gates....



    Seriously though....At least Turner knows how to run routes. Gates did not impress in that regard last game....

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,228
    plax?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    plax?
    After last year's garbage?


    After Plax basically threw Sanchez under the bus?





    SURE!

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,991
    I thought it was Just another guy.

    WTF do I bother learning interents.


  16. #16
    ^ What's an interents?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ What's an interents?
    It's no joke...

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I don't think so due to the fact that Gates is more of a slot guy. Same play yesterday with Gates instead of Kerely and that's 6 points guaranteed.
    1st he's gotta run the right route
    2nd he's gotta catch the ball
    3rd he's gotta make the move that got Kerley around the defender.



    That cat doesn't even know how to line up properly yet.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It's no joke...
    You think I was joking?

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    1st he's gotta run the right route
    2nd he's gotta catch the ball
    3rd he's gotta make the move that got Kerley around the defender.



    That cat doesn't even know how to line up properly yet.
    And P Turner runs great routes. All I've seen from him is 5 yard outs . His hands are questionable as well one of the reason why he has been labeled a JAG. Only reason he is here is Sanchez.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us