Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets: 1st Place

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    this team sucks. First place now is meaningless we won't make the playoffs.
    They think you suck.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game went pretty much exactly how I thought it would. You guys are right that a win is a win, but the jets are not a very good team, and aren't much better than the dolphins which is saying something. We have some obvious issues, and everybody knows they are no more than a 6 or 7 win team, and thats with an easy schedule. But at least we are young, and are building around a young qb. You guys might make the playoffs because of an easy schedule, and I still seriously doubt that, especially without revis. But I gotta say, I really think the jets are on a downswing, while the dolphins may be on an upswing. Just my 2 sense. I'll say congrats, but I wont eat crow. I expected a close game that the jets would squeeze out. And when we play in NY it'll be another close game. Good luck to revis tho. Sucks seein guys go out with injuries. Same with reggie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Super Bowl?

SAR I
    Probably.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    This game went pretty much exactly how I thought it would. You guys are right that a win is a win, but the jets are not a very good team, and aren't much better than the dolphins which is saying something. We have some obvious issues, and everybody knows they are no more than a 6 or 7 win team, and thats with an easy schedule. But at least we are young, and are building around a young qb. You guys might make the playoffs because of an easy schedule, and I still seriously doubt that, especially without revis. But I gotta say, I really think the jets are on a downswing, while the dolphins may be on an upswing. Just my 2 sense. I'll say congrats, but I wont eat crow. I expected a close game that the jets would squeeze out. And when we play in NY it'll be another close game. Good luck to revis tho. Sucks seein guys go out with injuries. Same with reggie.
    Your 2 sense don't buy much around here.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not tryin to buy anything. Just sayin the truth. The 2nd worst thing you can have is a bust at qb. The worst thing, is not realizing he's a bust. He's gonna be your qb next year also I'm sure. Then you'll finally get rid of him and have to draft a new one that will take a few years to develop. Meanwhile, your defense is aging, who knows what will happen to revis, and there isn't much talent on offense. You'll hang around that 500 mark for the next couple seasons, but I don't see this team doing anything until they rebuild. And in no way are they a SB contender. Still beat us, barely. But that doesn't say much. We at least have a young team. Defense and Offense. Now it's all up to tannehill to see if he can become the franchise qb we need. But at least we have a chance of that. I don't see Sanchez all of a sudden becoming that. But like I said, good game, you guys won so at least it bought you another week of football to enjoy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not tryin to buy anything. Just sayin the truth. The 2nd worst thing you can have is a bust at qb. The worst thing, is not realizing he's a bust. He's gonna be your qb next year also I'm sure. Then you'll finally get rid of him and have to draft a new one that will take a few years to develop. Meanwhile, your defense is aging, who knows what will happen to revis, and there isn't much talent on offense. You'll hang around that 500 mark for the next couple seasons, but I don't see this team doing anything until they rebuild. And in no way are they a SB contender. Still beat us, barely. But that doesn't say much. We at least have a young team. Defense and Offense. Now it's all up to tannehill to see if he can become the franchise qb we need. But at least we have a chance of that. I don't see Sanchez all of a sudden becoming that. But like I said, good game, you guys won so at least it bought you another week of football to enjoy.
    Woosh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    world cup

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. You've convinced me after that great argument.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching that game gave me the same feeling as watching my mother- in -law drive over a cliff

In my new Escalade

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Revis somehow does not have a season ending acl injury .... I say sit him the next two weeks and take the losses like men.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. You've convinced me after that great argument.
    The phrase is my two cents, as in united states currency. You don't put in your 2 sense. That's why I'm mocking you. I could care less what a Dolphin fans opinion of the Jets is.

If you're going to come on a message board of a rival team immediately after they beat your team, and try to tell people that their team isn't any good, and you say something that makes you sound like an uneducated fool, expect to get mocked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Super Bowl?

SAR I
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    I can't help but to think it means very little without Revis.
    That's what I feel. Even though we won I can't be happy with what happen to Revis and possibly being gone for an extended amount of time. Such a huge loss, with a defense that sucks to begin with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    That's what I feel. Even though we won I can't be happy with what happen to Revis and possibly being gone for an extended amount of time. Such a huge loss, with a defense that sucks to begin with.
    The defense doesn't suck. The Lions defense sucks. Our defense is average

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, this prediction will be wrong

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    well now I don't need to watch Jets football for the next 10 years. jp has got it all figured out how its gonna go for us.

thanks dude!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to make one of these if/when New England loses tonight*. strangest and most strangely hopeless 2-1 first place I could have imagined.

*I suppose the Jets are in first regardless of the NE/BAL outcome by virtue of divisional record

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez isn't a total bust, he's an average to somewhat below average NFL QB. at least he has been so far. the Tebow **** isn't helping him nor the team. the Jets can win with Sanchez but it will not be in most cases because of him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Sanchez isn't a total bust, he's an average to somewhat below average NFL QB. at least he has been so far. the Tebow **** isn't helping him nor the team. the Jets can win with Sanchez but it will not be in most cases because of him.
    We have a winner!

Wednesday is fish sticks.
    Last edited by simijet; 09-23-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    By hook or by crook, I'm so down on this right now I will take anything to get a win this year. It looks like Tebows best friend might be on our side.