Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could it feel any worse to be 2-0 in division?

All Pro

Could it feel any worse to be 2-0 in division?

Wish it was the bye. Not feeling real good about things. Better than losing, though.

wish it was prettier...but ill take an ugly win!

One thing I noticed, we started to move the ball more effectively in the 2nd half once we were able to go down the field more. That opened up some running lanes for Powell too.

Shonn Greene is a bitter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Wish it was the bye. Not feeling real good about things. Better than losing, though.
    Depends on your EXPECTATIONS.

I expect 7-9 wins.

You're just seeing that the team is flawed. Anyone could have told you that going into this season. Hell, you already knew it. You just didn't want to acknowledge it.

Now with Revis gone? I doubt this team wins 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're just seeing that the team is flawed. Anyone could have told you that going into this season. Hell, you already knew it. You just didn't want to acknowledge it.

Now with Revis gone? I doubt this team wins 8 games.
    And you can't blame Rex when injuries are a problem.

Veteran
    Correct 2 -0 in the AFC East, 1st place tie. Ugly win, but a win. Seems Miami with their good run defense always gives the Jets problems. Regardless it's agod Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    One thing I noticed, we started to move the ball more effectively in the 2nd half once we were able to go down the field more. That opened up some running lanes for Powell too.

Shonn Greene is a bitter disappointment.
    the offense as a whole was much better with Powell in the game.

he's the only complete back that we have, might as well give him the bulk of the carries. use Greene as a change of pace guy, which is his best role by far.

Wasnt able to watch the game and didnt want to start another topic.

Looking at Sanchez's line, he seemed to be awful, but I heard there were plenty of drops and the WRs were dissapointing.

What did the eye test say? Was Sanchez overwhelmed, or were his receivers letting him down?

Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post

Looking at Sanchez's line, he seemed to be awful, but I heard there were plenty of drops and the WRs were dissapointing.

What did the eye test say? Was Sanchez overwhelmed, or were his receivers letting him down?
    Hill dropped a gimme TD it seemed. we didn't get a 2nd replay because we needed a replay of Tebow's route on the other side of the field.

Cumberland stopped dead in the end zone and allowed the DB to drop off him and pick Sanchez a 2nd time on another throw to Hill.

everyone was awful. I think Sanchez did a decent job stepping up and extending plays, although that came with a few reckless plays that were near disasters.

these guys are gonna be watching a lot of tape this week.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.

Several drops, inc. a sure TD by Hill. However, to be fair, he did have a few bad throws, as usual. He did stay in well against an occasionally good rush, though his haters will continue to call him a coward.

As I said in the game thread, he's a QB more sinned against than sinner.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Hill dropped a gimme TD it seemed. we didn't get a 2nd replay because we needed a replay of Tebow's route on the other side of the field.

Cumberland stopped dead in the end zone and allowed the DB to drop off him and pick Sanchez a 2nd time on another throw to Hill.

everyone was awful. I think Sanchez did a decent job stepping up and extending plays, although that came with a few reckless plays that were near disasters.

these guys are gonna be watching a lot of tape this week.
    Foremost of those - take the snap, drop the ball, pick it up, see you're under pressure and fling it blindly down field ... to have it dropped by the defender who was the only guy near where the ball went.

And that was in OT.

That one really worried me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What did the eye test say?
    Sanchez was pretty bad.

His WR's matched him for badness, throw for drop, drop for throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't. I think Rex is one of the best things to happen to this organization in a very long time. He has his faults. He's not perfect. But I do think he's a very good HC, especially when he gets into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't. I think Rex is one of the best things to happen to this organization in a very long time. He has his faults. He's not perfect. But I do think he's a very good HC, especially when he gets into the playoffs.
    Agreed. Would they rather have Kotite back? Unfortunately, we are in the minority.

All League
    Agreed. Would they rather have Kotite back? Unfortunately, we are in the minority.

What makes you think this? There are plenty on this board who like Rex and the job he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/B]

What makes you think this? There are plenty on this board who like Rex and the job he's done.
    So why aren't they more vocal about it? Only the naysayers seem to speak on this site like SAR

All League
    So why aren't they more vocal about it? Only the naysayers seem to speak on this site like SAR
    Well, I will be of no help to you because I'm not his biggest fan. However, I have noticed many posters defending Rex whenever someone is critical of him.

Every team gets key injuries. The good teams manage to work around them. So yes, I can blame the Mouth for this motley group of players and their on field performance.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Every team gets key injuries. The good teams manage to work around them. So yes, I can blame the Mouth for this motley group of players and their on field performance.
    We're talking about Darrelle Revis, the best defensive player in football. How many other teams have that?

If it was Cromartie, then your point would be valid.