Thread: We looked as bad against Miami as NE looked against Cards

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

We looked as bad against Miami as NE looked against Cards

Difference is we got the win. I'll gladly take an ugly win like this. 2-1 vs -1-2 is a huge freaking difference. I think there's a lot of room for improvement with this team and Tone's play today will open things up for the other guys. Schillens getting some run was encouraging and hopefully we can go to Gates more. Biggest reason to feel optimistic ... .Bilal Powell. He looked good. More Powell & more McKnight will help this offense improve dramatically. The more the coaching staff realizes Greene should only get 5-7 carries the better off we'll be.

The defense will improve ... I'm not worried about some of the plays they gave up today. Our red zone offense can't possibly be any worse from here on out than it has been the last 2 weeks. I honestly think there's reason to be optimistic. Hou & San Fran are tough test but I'm very eager to see how we match up against these teams. These are 2 very physical teams and the styles of their play especially San Fran make for an ugly game on both sides and just a dog fight. Can't wait to see how we stack up..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Difference is we got the win. I'll gladly take an ugly win like this. 2-1 vs -1-2 is a huge freaking difference. I think there's a lot of room for improvement with this team and Tone's play today will open things up for the other guys. Schillens getting some run was encouraging and hopefully we can go to Gates more. Biggest reason to feel optimistic ... .Bilal Powell. He looked good. More Powell & more McKnight will help this offense improve dramatically. The more the coaching staff realizes Greene should only get 5-7 carries the better off we'll be.

The defense will improve ... I'm not worried about some of the plays they gave up today. Our red zone offense can't possibly be any worse from here on out than it has been the last 2 weeks. I honestly think there's reason to be optimistic. Hou & San Fran are tough test but I'm very eager to see how we match up against these teams. These are 2 very physical teams and the styles of their play especially San Fran make for an ugly game on both sides and just a dog fight. Can't wait to see how we stack up..
    Start Powell at RB next week, move Konrad Reuland to TE, and use Tebow as a FB. That should give us our best shot at getting running game going against the Niners. We won't win anyway, but if we could at least show signs of a good running game, that would be very encouraging moving forward.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cards may have the best D in the league

Kerry Rhodes looks like a football player again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would that be the Cardinals that have held Philly to 69 total yards for the first half?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cards are beating the Eagles 17-0. They are a legit team. The Dolphins aren't.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Start Powell at RB next week, move Konrad Reuland to TE, and use Tebow as a FB. That should give us our best shot at getting running game going against the Niners. We won't win anyway, but if we could at least show signs of a good running game, that would be very encouraging moving forward.
    I like those ideas.

They won't do that with Tebow, though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Cards may have the best D in the league

Kerry Rhodes looks like a football player again
    ...with that TD-saving tackle I just witnessed (per Eagles-Cardinals game).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerry Rhodes is ballin

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Kerry Rhodes forcing fumble on 1-yard line for 99-yard TD return @ end of first half.

This is now an Arizona Cardinals thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I say it takes about 6 weeks to have a good feel for who is what.

Arizona looks legit early on...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Jets don't look very good" thread morphs into Kerry Rhodes "Former Jet Obsession Syndrome" thread.

Shocker.

All we need is more Braylon Edwards and Danny Woodhead references, and the party will be truly blasting!