Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next week will be interesting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    San Francisco coming off of a loss to Minnesota.

West Coast team playing on the East Coast usually don't play well.

Nobody expects the Jets to win.

I still think the Niners win, but it will be closer than people think
    Niners played in Minneapolis today - that's a 4 hour flight each way. Now they have to endure a 5.5 hour flight to NY to play another 10am game.

This should help.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Jets have no chance vs. the 49ers. ... and without Revis, their offense will put up some scary numbers with Gore in the backfield and Davis/Crabtree combo. Maybe if the Jets can somehow generate a pass rush will have a chance, slight.

49ers 31
    Jets 16
    I'd give 2 more FGs there to the Jets.

49ers 31
    Jets 22

This won't even be close.

But I'm hopeful that the Jet-Lag would slow Alex Smith down some and make him LESS than perfect so we can take advantage.

Since the Jets seem to play up or down to their competition, then going by that logic, they should be quite competitive...... I'll be praying...

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    We can beat San Fran ... I said it last week and was laughed at. I think that team has a lot of holes and Minny exposed that a bit. The big advantage next week is not just that the game is in the east coast but the game is at 1PM. A couple of those guys clocks won't be fully adjusted. They are a physical team and it should be a tight game. Honestly this is a 50/50 game. It could come down to who takes care of the ball and makes less mistakes. I don't know if this is going to be a game where the playmakers determine it. I think the first team to make a mistake will lose this game. So no special teams blunders, no fumbles, and no killing ourselves with penalties. This game also might come down to special teams. Its gonna be a fun game. San Fran is going to test our run D and without Revis they'll take some shots. Davis is a TOUGH cover and we'll have our hands full with him but Gore doesn't scare me as much as Bush or Spiller. Elusive backs give us problems the more physical guys we're usually steady against. If we don't beat ourselves next week we should have a strong chance of winning.
    SF isn't going to the west coast. They're staying in Ohio this week.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfootballguy View Post
    SF isn't going to the west coast. They're staying in Ohio this week.
    I didn't see this:
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...k-in-ohio.html

September 21, 2012
    Back to Youngstown: Blue-collar 49ers to spend week in Ohio

youngstown.jpg

Lots of Twitter questions about whether the 49ers will be spending next week in Youngstown, Ohio. The answer: Yes, yes, a million times, yes. Jim Harbaugh announced the decision in June (What, you don't follow this space in June?!) after polling his players about the plan. The 49ers visit the Vikings Sunday and the Jets on Sept. 30.

There's been no griping this week from the 49ers. Rather, they cited last year's week-long stay in Youngstown between Weeks 3 and 4 games in Cincinnati and Philadelphia as a turning point in the 2011 season. They won both contents, and didn't lose again until Nov. 24.

There's something to be said for the camaraderie that builds when a team stays at the same hotel, eats at the same restaurant, has beers at the same bar over a week, players said. There's also a circadian advantage to this approach in that the longer the players stay in the central (Minnesota) and then eastern (Ohio and New York) time zones, the more adjusted they'll be to the kickoff against the Jets.

The stay in Youngstown also carves a significant amount of mileage from their air travel and, theoretically, a significant amount of jet lag from their bodies. The total mileage of round-trip flights from San Jose to Minneapolis and San Jose to New York is 8,244 miles. By staying in Youngstown, the two-week travel total is 5,158 miles.

The team's bigger hurdle this year may be the Dec. 16 game at New England. Before looking up the distances, my sense was that San Jose to Miami (which is practically in Brazil) was the 49ers' longest NFL trip. Not so. While that voyage is 2,556 miles as the crow flies, the trip to Boston is 2,680 miles. (New York, in fact, is only four miles closer to San Jose than San Jose is to Miami)

The week after the Patriots game, which is in prime time, the 49ers have to go on the road to Seattle. Of course, it's hard to explain a woe-is-us travel tale to a Seattle fan (their city is practically in Russia). The week before they play the 49ers, the Seahawks will be in Buffalo (2,110 miles). And a month before that, they'll embark on the NFL's longest trip (2,720 miles) to Miami.

youngstownmap1.jpg

Sunday's game in Minnesota, meanwhile, is one of only three 10 a.m. (PST) for the 49ers this season. The others are the following week against the Jets and their annual trip to St. Louis. The 49ers averaged double that amount during the last six seasons (when they weren't as popular and weren't playing as many prime-time games).

One of most impressive feats Harbaugh and the 49ers pulled off last year: Going 5-0 in games that started at 10 a.m. How impressive was it? In the five years prior, the 49ers were 6-23 in 10 a.m. kickoffs, and one of those wins came in London.

-- Matt Barrows
    Last edited by simijet; 09-23-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Minni is building a new stadium, hhmm.

Also heard that Patrick Willis injured his leg in the loss today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Jets have no chance vs. the 49ers. ... and without Revis, their offense will put up some scary numbers with Gore in the backfield and Davis/Crabtree combo. Maybe if the Jets can somehow generate a pass rush will have a chance, slight.

49ers 31
    Jets 16
    Wanna bet??

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

. ....but the Harbaugh's OWN Rex.

Also heard that Patrick Willis injured his leg in the loss today.
    That would be big for the Jets but then again....it was "big" when Polamalu and Harrison were out for the Steelers....

I don't know anymore with this team.........

All Pro
    It'll be a tough game but I definitely think the Jets have a good chance to win it if they don't turn the ball over.

Powell absolutely has to be the starter though. He's earned it. I think he gives the D a little more to think about than Greene does. Greene simply cannot beat a team around the corner on a regular basis.

I'm not afraid of Alex Smith at all. Hopefully the pass rush wakes up next week.

Vernon Davis scares me but I think Landry can help keep him contained.

Hard to believe the Niners would lose to the Vikings after dominating in Green Bay.

Depends which Niners team shows up. The one that played poorly today could struggle with us. The Niners team from the first two weeks should blow us out. Our offense looks horrible even against an average D like the Phins. Niners have far more talent across the board. Jets will need to play their best game of the season to have a chance, anything like today's level of play will lead to a decisive loss.

After today, you'd have to be a pretty big homer to feel confident, but there's plenty of them around here so I expect to see it.

Not it will not. This team will not be able to handle a pissed off niners team.

San Francisco coming off of a loss to Minnesota.

West Coast team playing on the East Coast usually don't play well.

Nobody expects the Jets to win.

I still think the Niners win, but it will be closer than people think
    I will gladly eat a giant plate of crow.

Show me something Rex.

Get this team focused

Get this team to play disciplined

We are winning next week.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    We are winning next week.
    If we are, it's going to be all Sanchez. Because I see no way we rush on the Niners.

This team is so bipolar I can see them winning a close one or getting their doors blown off I hope Rex has them ready to play, the media will be sh@tting on them all week so that may help them focus more

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    This team is so bipolar I can see them winning a close one or getting their doors blown off I hope Rex has them ready to play, the media will be sh@tting on them all week so that may help them focus more
    Rex said he had them ready to play today. Didn't look it to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe too much sleep.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex said he had them ready to play today. Didn't look it to me.
    I guess he had them ready to play the Steelers today.