Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird season

All Pro

Weird season

What's up with Arizona suddenly being a juggernaut? Beat the Pats last week, now up 17-0 on the Eagles looking to go 3-0.

What's up with Saints going 0-3? Forget Bountygate and losing their HC, this team looks snakebit.

Matt Ryan is thus far making all the doubters and haters eat crow this year. 8 TDs and 0 INTs so far through 2.25 games. Damn!

Just a lot of odd stuff going on.

EDIT: 'Zona now up 24-0. Weren't the Eagle supposed to be all amazing and everything this season?
    Last edited by nycdan; 09-23-2012 at 05:39 PM.

All League
    I was thinking the same thing earlier while the niners were getting spanked by the Vikings.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The NFL wanted parody, it's here.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing earlier while the niners were getting spanked by the Vikings.
    That's another good one.

How about Chris Johnson rushing for less than 50 yards through his first three games. The only explanation for that is that I drafted him on my fantasy team. FUCJ.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    The NFL wanted parody, it's here.
    Well...they wanted parity. But yeah, they got parody anyway

I still say they have more talent then SF. Peterson is going to be a top CB, they have Fitz who is a top 3 WR, and a pretty scary front 7. Oh and Rhodes. If they can get a passing game or a running game going they are legit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    That's another good one.

How about Chris Johnson rushing for less than 50 yards through his first three games. The only explanation for that is that I drafted him on my fantasy team. FUCJ.
    LOL I had two office suicide polls. Last week I picked NE and lost, this week I picked Saints and I am done.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    ROTFL!

The awful replacement officials have partially caused all this with wildly inconsistent calls.

EDIT: 'Zona now up 24-0. Weren't the Eagle supposed to be all amazing and everything this season?
    "Dynasty" was the word, I believe.

Kolb can also still likely tell his coaches every play Reid is calling.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    lol.

All League
    That's another good one.

Just noticed the Lions lost to the 0-2 Titans.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Just noticed the Lions lost to the 0-2 Titans.
    TEN scored 44 pts on 59 yards rushing.

That's got to be a record of some sort.

TEN scored 44 pts on 59 yards rushing.

That's got to be a record of some sort.
    It helps that TEN got a fumble return, a punt return, and a kickoff return for a TD.

The Saints (soon-to-be Aints ) defense can't stop anybody.

Veteran
    This year is nuts. We all hyperventilate over every weakness the Jets have or spot where they underperform, but the truth is that parity means there is no more perfect football team. Look at the last two SB winners.

The game has become much more tactical - just trying to win this week's matchup the best way that you can. I think the rules changes also put a lot more chance back into the game. Who knows how this is going to work out - but it's kind of uncharted territory for the NFL.

What's up with Arizona suddenly being a juggernaut? Beat the Pats last week, now up 17-0 on the Eagles looking to go 3-0.

What's up with Saints going 0-3? Forget Bountygate and losing their HC, this team looks snakebit.

Matt Ryan is thus far making all the doubters and haters eat crow this year. 8 TDs and 0 INTs so far through 2.25 games. Damn!

Just a lot of odd stuff going on.

Arizona has been improving over the last couple of years.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    This year is nuts. We all hyperventilate over every weakness the Jets have or spot where they underperform, but the truth is that parity means there is no more perfect football team. Look at the last two SB winners.

The game has become much more tactical - just trying to win this week's matchup the best way that you can. I think the rules changes also put a lot more chance back into the game. Who knows how this is going to work out - but it's kind of uncharted territory for the NFL.
    This. It is still way too early into the season to start giving teams labels...noone knows the personality of each team and it is going to be extremely difficult to predict future games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Except at the start of this season they were considered to be one of the worst teams at the QB position in the league. Apparently that hasn't slowed them down much.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    The Cardinals had won 9 of their last 11 games entering today, same as the Pats, 49ers and Packers.

People who have been following things closely weren't shocked by the Cards winning today. They're good.