Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our pass rush is awesome so far

All League
    For myself, this is easily the biggest disappointment so far, but its still early in the season and hopefully they can start to generate pressure on a more consistent basis.

They did have numerous shots at Ben last week (Coples and Maybin each had one on the same play) but no one finished the play. I would like to see more of Coples and Ellis rotating in with the starters. Maybin needs to start showing something as well.

Don't worry, it's Rex's best D ever, just ask him

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    The loss of Revis might be just what the dr ordered ... It will magnify the deficiencies rather than hide them.
    Agreed...and expose the front office and it's bullhsit drafting.

All Pro
    The pass rush isn't even the worst part. They cannot stop the run if their lives depended on it.

They're getting blown off the ball on almost every snap. The LBs are slow to fill the holes and they miss a dozen tackles a every game.

I can live with the lousy pass rush because they'll generate pressure with blitzes as they always have.

Getting abused in the run game is so much worse.

This team was built to dominate up front and these high draft picks and high paid free agents in the front 7 are getting their asses handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The pass rush isn't even the worst part. They cannot stop the run if their lives depended on it.

They're getting blown off the ball on almost every snap. The LBs are slow to fill the holes and they miss a dozen tackles a every game.

I can live with the lousy pass rush because they'll generate pressure with blitzes as they always have.

Getting abused in the run game is so much worse.

This team was built to dominate up front and these high draft picks and high paid free agents in the front 7 are getting their asses handed to them.
    Stopping the run has been a major issue. Now our reward is 2 teams coming into MetLife that love to run the ball and do it very well. Bush was having a lot of success and I think you can make a good case that the Jets do not win this game if he doesn't get injured. Miami's O was not the same after he left and they had to change their strategy and put the ball in Tannehill's hands more (which is obviously a bad thing).

Other teams do better with far less. Rex is a terrible coach. Forget the first two seasons. This is now his team, he has had 4 drafts to build his team. Most coaches rebuild their teams in this time. Rex and Tanny hav done the opposite. The d was solid due to previous picks and signings. Rex came into the league and it took time for them to catch up to him. Since last season and now this one this team d has shown nothing new to keep teams off balance. It's real hard to block over loaded blitz's. After 4 seasons there is not one player he drafted that has made a difference or will make a difference in this league. Tanny and Rex are the BUST KINGS, and I don't mean it in a good bust way.

What's also troubling is the way the Dolphins manhandled the line in the running game.

My theory is Pouha is still not healthy,and you know he's a "rex" guy so he will play so he can't be the anchor in the line.