Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Enlighten me please

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Enlighten me please

So I was stuck at the sucky CLE game and only was able to look at the stat line. Any one feel explaining how we managed to barely snake out an OT win?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    So I was stuck at the sucky CLE game and only was able to look at the stat line. Any one feel explaining how we managed to barely snake out an OT win?
    1. Bad Quarterbacking
    2. Bad receiving
    3. Bad pass rush
    4. Bad defense against the run

That pretty much sums it up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Main reason is Miami has a bad kicker. He missed 2 FG's one in OT from around 48. They outplayed us all over the place

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were terrible. Offense, Defense, Special Teams and coaching were all horrible today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins kicker missed 2 crucial field goals. One in regulation and one in OT.
    Sanchez made 2 crucial throws, a TD in the 4th Quarter and a long pass to Holmes in OT

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a nutshell... Our entire front 7 sucked... Sanchez looked like a rookie... WR can't catch... Our running game is a joke...

Fins miss two FGs the second to win and miraculously we hit a 40 yard pass to Holmes to set up the game winner, which was blocked but nullified by a TO that the Philbin called so we made the second one....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    In a nutshell... Our entire front 7 sucked... Sanchez looked like a rookie... WR can't catch... Our running game is a joke...
    And with Revis tearing his ACL - it's basically a worst case scenario.

Got it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget MIA blocked our game-winning FG in OT and we were saved by their stupid last-second timeout trying to ice Folk and got a mulligan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not enough sleep.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Don't forget MIA blocked our game-winning FG in OT and we were saved by their stupid last-second timeout trying to ice Folk and got a mulligan.
    The whistle blew, looked like some of the Jets linemen slowed down. No guarantee they block it without the whistle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Main reason is Miami has a bad kicker. He missed 2 FG's one in OT from around 48. They outplayed us all over the place
    Not for nothing, but it swings both ways. Hill dropped an easy TD catch. Sanchez overthrew Schilens and Hill on what would have been TDs.

Guys got open. Execution was horrible.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phins grounded and pounded the Jets.. but their kicker Pat Leahey'ed 2 FG's

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    The Jets had 7 more total yards than the Dolphins, how is that outplaying us?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    1. Bad Quarterbacking
    2. Bad receiving
    3. Bad pass rush
    4. Bad defense against the run

That pretty much sums it up.
    Don't forget bad coaching, as usual.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Dolphins kicker missed 2 crucial field goals. One in regulation and one in OT.
    Sanchez made 2 crucial throws, a TD in the 4th Quarter and a long pass to Holmes in OT
    I crindged reading this. Had I not watched the game and saw someone write what you did, I would probably think Sanchez carried the team.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Jets were terrible today in all facets of the game and Sanchez was the worst of them all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few thoughts from the game.

-The next RB the Jets D stops will be their 1st this year. It's just demoralizing to get abused and blown off the ball all game long. The run game (and penalties) allowed Tannehill to bring Miami back into it.

-Scott has got to go. He's just done.

-Revis is so important to this D. Missing him really hurt. Wilson still looks lost out there. I had high hopes for him, but he just isn't starting quality.

-Sanchez didn't look good. He missed two WIDE OPEN TDs and made a few bad throws, though the 1st INT was absolutely not his fault. Gates ran a terrible route and let the CB under-cut the in pattern.

-The couldn't punch it in from 1st and goal at the 1. Play calling down there was dumbfounding.

-The WRs drop A LOT of passes. As much as Sanchez struggles, the WRs were just as bad. Several bad drops on 3rd down. They also have trouble separating from DBs.

-Not having a good TE really hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn this was a divisional game away. .... hard any way you look at it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    They were terrible. Offense, Defense, Special Teams and coaching were all horrible today.
    Agreed. This was a considerably worse performance than the one in Pittsburgh last week. That week we were just outmanned against a better team. Today we had the more talented team and flat out stunk up the joint. Offense, defense and coaching were all extremely subpar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Here are a few thoughts from the game.

-The next RB the Jets D stops will be their 1st this year. It's just demoralizing to get abused and blown off the ball all game long. The run game (and penalties) allowed Tannehill to bring Miami back into it.

-Scott has got to go. He's just done.

-Revis is so important to this D. Missing him really hurt. Wilson still looks lost out there. I had high hopes for him, but he just isn't starting quality.

-Sanchez didn't look good. He missed two WIDE OPEN TDs and made a few bad throws, though the 1st INT was absolutely not his fault. Gates ran a terrible route and let the CB under-cut the in pattern.

-The couldn't punch it in from 1st and goal at the 1. Play calling down there was dumbfounding.

-The WRs drop A LOT of passes. As much as Sanchez struggles, the WRs were just as bad. Several bad drops on 3rd down. They also have trouble separating from DBs.

-Not having a good TE really hurt.
    Well with no Revis and no running game, guess we're finally gonna find out what Sanchez has in him. There's been lots of highs and lows - but there's only the truth ahead.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    How was special teams bad?

Malone was bombing punts and Kerley had good returns.