Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Revis tears ACL? (Post all updated news here)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Why they even had Revis on the field in that situation is beyond me. He's your best player, can't get him injured.
    Um, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Dunno. But dressed in a suit, lugging your own suitcase as opposed to sweats, an icepack/brace and crutches gives me a bit of optimism.
    Yeah but you'd think if it seemed really bad the trainers would make him put a brace/icepack on it.

Those overlooks are usual not with athletes who have trainers looking after them.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Good to hear. I hadn't heard any one speculate that is was a possible torn ACL.
    good to hear? you hate revis like most others? good luck kyle wilson sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    who did the speculating this time

Dr Collingsworth?

Veteran
    How about that contract extension right about now?

Tannenbaum has the leverage and he'll use it as well.

This does not bode well.

All of a sudden this "elite" defense is turning into an average one.

Cro came back from his malady though. So they got that going for them, which is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who did the speculating this time

Dr Collingsworth?

DERP-DERPITY-DERP!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This picture of Revis wheeling his own bag to the bus was just posted by Erik Manassy (Jets Twit):

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...8m2o1_1280.jpg
    Definitely a good sign.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    good to hear? you hate revis like most others? good luck kyle wilson sucks.
    It's good to hear that a TV station is reporting it's a "possible torn ACL". Like that's some sort of news flash. Anyone watching the game could have told you that, and there's a 70 post thread speculating just that.

I don't hate Revis one bit, I'll actually be very upset if he misses extended time.

When you do things right, each and every day, you make your own breaks.

Parcells used to say this all the time. From pre season games, to practices, to rehabbing injuries. You do everything like a winner and success will follow

Where did Revis rehab his concussion last week?

Good riddance

Sick of his act

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

Parcells used to say this all the time. From pre season games, to practices, to rehabbing injuries. You do everything like a winner and success will follow

Good riddance

Sick of his act
    That is one of the most idioitic posts I've seen on here today. And I read almost all of the game thread.

SMH

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good riddance

Sick of his act
    I know, what a jerk. If he had stayed home he wouldn't have landed that way on his knee.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So what's Rex, our 'defensive mastermind' going to be able to do without the best player in the nfl?

Good riddance

Sick of his act
    You must be a Pats fan, Jets fans can't be this dumb! I hope you guys get spanked by the Ravens tonight!
    Last edited by CMEC; 09-23-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Say it isn't so, Dr. Montgomery.

Good riddance

Sick of his act
    Don't post here a whole lot, just stopping by to kindly tell you to go f*ck yourself.

you never know, but....

I am an Athletic Therapist/Osteopath. I was quite happy to see Darrelle dressed and pulling his own bag back to the bus. From what I saw about the play he got injured, it was definitely non-contact, and there was no planting of his foot,and twisting of his knee. His foot made pretty straight contact with the turf and then his knee buckled. If it was his ACL that was affected, my guess is that it may be a first degree sprain(meaning the ligament stretched but did not tear). I am thinking more of a meniscal tear or irritation. This could mean, he could be out for a few weeks, and then return to play. If it was an ACL tear, there would usually be instant swelling, and I doubt he would have been dressed in a suit, and that they would let him pull his bag onto the bus. Also, the minute you get swelling in the knee from an acute injury, they put you on crutches, to get you non-wt bearing to work on bringing the swelling down. I sure hope he's okay!!! Go Jets Go!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Good riddance

Sick of his act
    I hear ya, but the Parcells, Lombardi West Point days are history.

I'm not a doctor but I have played one as a young man, BUT I am a surgical technologist and I assist mostly with orthopedics surgeries.

If he has an ACL tear One simple but important test is called the Lachmans test. With the knee bent to 30 degrees, the physician gently pulls on the tibia to check the forward motion of the lower leg in relation to the upper leg. A normal knee will have less than two to four mm of forward movement, with a firm stopping felt when no further movement is observed. In contrast, a knee with an ACL tear will have increased forward motion and a soft end feel at the end of the movement. This is because of the loss of restraint of the forward movement of the tibia due to the torn ACL.

A more complex test is called the pivot shift test, in which greater stresses are put on the knee as it is straightened by the physician from a bent and inwardly rotated position. If the knee "gives," this is an indication that other stabilizing structures inside the knee must be torn besides the ACL. This test can sometimes only be done when the knee is completely relaxed. Because of this it may best be observed under anesthesia during the surgical procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdownjets View Post
    I am an Athletic Therapist/Osteopath. I was quite happy to see Darrelle dressed and pulling his own bag back to the bus. From what I saw about the play he got injured, it was definitely non-contact, and there was no planting of his foot,and twisting of his knee. His foot made pretty straight contact with the turf and then his knee buckled. If it was his ACL that was affected, my guess is that it may be a first degree sprain(meaning the ligament stretched but did not tear). I am thinking more of a meniscal tear or irritation. This could mean, he could be out for a few weeks, and then return to play. If it was an ACL tear, there would usually be instant swelling, and I doubt he would have been dressed in a suit, and that they would let him pull his bag onto the bus. Also, the minute you get swelling in the knee from an acute injury, they put you on crutches, to get you non-wt bearing to work on bringing the swelling down. I sure hope he's okay!!! Go Jets Go!!!!!!!
    He almost certainly will be out next sunday. Hopefully it's not serious and it's just a sprain like you say but he's able to come back the following week against Houston to defend Andre Johnson......