Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Revis tears ACL? (Post all updated news here)

so hill has a hammy issue. i thought the offense looked better when he left. too many drops.

The Revis injury looks like the epitome of a blown out knee....get used to KDUB not getting his head turned around and drawing flags for some time

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Revis tore his ACL. I've seen it in football and basketball.

We're about to find out just exactly what his value is.

Now if this defense cost the Jets a few games if Revis is out for the year, you can't blame Rex for it.

Injuries are beyond the control of the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Revis tore his ACL. I've seen it in football and basketball.

We're about to find out just exactly what his value is.
    Isn't the ACL more towards a person's foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    ACL=/= achilles

Now if this defense cost the Jets a few games if Revis is out for the year, you can't blame Rex for it.

Injuries are beyond the control of the head coach.
    We'll get to see how much of a defensive genius Rex is without 1 great player. Let's see if he can coach up the defense and show how supposedly great he is. If the defense tanks, Rex is shown to be a fraud and Revis gets the $$$ he's looking for.

All League
    The ACL is in your knee.

ACL is a knee ligament.
    Last edited by CTJetsFanII; 09-23-2012 at 05:29 PM.

We don't know anything yet......

MRI tomorrow. No update until then. But, it certainly didn't look good.

All League
    Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Main stabilization of the knee comes from the ACL

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm a Chicago Bulls fan

This reminded me so much of the fist playoff game this year where Derrick Rose tore his ACL.

I'm praying that I am wrong, but I don't have a good feeling

All League
    The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is a cruciate ligament which is one of the four major ligaments of the human knee. In the quadruped stifle (analogous to the knee), based on its anatomical position, it is also referred to as the cranial cruciate ligament.[1]

The ACL originates from deep within the notch of the distal femur. Its proximal fibers fan out along the medial wall of the lateral femoral condyle. There are two bundles of the ACL—the anteromedial and the posterolateral, named according to where the bundles insert into the tibial plateau. The ACL attaches in front of the intercondyloid eminence of the tibia, being blended with the anterior horn of the medial meniscus. These attachments allow it to resist anterior translation and medial rotation of the tibia, in relation to the femur.

All League
    If Rex can put together a good D.... It will show he has skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Like Brady in 2008...
    Brady didn't walk off the field in 2008. He had assistance and could barely put any weight down on it. Jenkins tore histwice and both times he walked off completely under his own power.

Veteran
    When I was watching it, my first thought was that his knew only partially buckled, and that it was likely a hyperextension. I've seen a lot of ACL tears watching TV, and it seems like those tears involve the leg going almost 90 degrees. Then again, I'm probably at least partially influenced by the fact that I really want him to be okay and to not be out for the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Seen plenty of people with torn ACL's walk off the field...
    Could be a knee sprain and not a tear. If it is a tear, his value for next year just dropped.

All League
    There is hope. We all thought Fred Jackson was for sure done for the season after the visual of his injury, but as I have others have said, generally, these non contact knee injuries are generally torn acl's. I would be surprised(pleasantly) to hear otherwise

Hall Of Fame
    It very well can be an ACL tear. The mechanism was consistent with what would cause it, and his reaction was immediate. He very well may have heard the "pop". Also the exam the doctors give him on the sideline will give them the answer. MRI is used for confirmation.

You can walk off the field after an ACL tear, you just can't pivot or move laterally. Most likely the Jets already know whether it is torn or not, they are just waiting for the MRI to be done tomorrow to buy some time for the dust to settle. I am fearing the worst right now based upon what I saw.