Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is a win not a win?

When is a win not a win?

The answer would be when the Jets win.

Does the media and some of the tro...fans that post here give the Jets credit when they almost beat a really good team?

Bottom line is the Jets have 2 wins in division. That is huge regardless of what the [clown] media and trolls think.

That's true but let's face facts :

This Jets team NEEDED two MISSED Miami FGs to have a shot at winning in the end.....

Think about that.....

If Miami makes one of those, it would be an entirely new conversation going on right now.

Veteran
    We can all take into account that the ineptitude of the Dolphins play had something to do with the Jets victory, but when it all comes into play; in a few weeks time or in a few years, it's still a W in the best sense.

If....If was a fifth we'd all be drunk.

If Lewis never hits Bledsoe
    If Welker catches that ball
    If tyree drops that ball
    If Norwood makes that kick
    If Harrison doesn't score before the half
    If garret doesn't ice his own kicker..........ect ect ect that's football and at the end none of it matters but W's and L's.
    Did I think we got out played yes. The execution on the field sucked. Same ole complaints from me. Bad QB accuracy and when he's accurate they drop it. We win the point of attack on defense and the running back squirts out the backside for yardage when it should be a TFL. Wilson is ALWAYS in a trail technique. Shaun Greene is still starting blah blah blah ect ect ect. Basically FOCUS they lack focus

Nobody will care about this game in Dec/Feb because its a W.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

the jets looked bad.

but even championship teams pull out games during the season which they have no business winning.

not saying the jets are a super bowl bound team, but i'd rather be 2-1 than 1-2.

All League
    never

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    When it's a loss.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

This Jets team NEEDED two MISSED Miami FGs to have a shot at winning in the end.....

Think about that.....

If Miami makes one of those, it would be an entirely new conversation going on right now.
    If Sanchez doesn't miss two easy TD passes -- both teams can play the 'what if' bullsht.

The Jets WON the GAME.

Think about that.....

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    If....If was a fifth we'd all be drunk.

If Lewis never hits Bledsoe
    If Welker catches that ball
    If tyree drops that ball
    If Norwood makes that kick
    If Harrison doesn't score before the half
    If garret doesn't ice his own kicker..........ect ect ect that's football and at the end none of it matters but W's and L's.
    Did I think we got out played yes. The execution on the field sucked. Same ole complaints from me. Bad QB accuracy and when he's accurate they drop it. We win the point of attack on defense and the running back squirts out the backside for yardage when it should be a TFL. Wilson is ALWAYS in a trail technique. Shaun Greene is still starting blah blah blah ect ect ect. Basically FOCUS they lack focus

Nobody will care about this game in Dec/Feb because its a W.
    If Miami hadn't called that time out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If Sanchez doesn't miss two easy TD passes -- both teams can play the 'what if' bullsht.

The Jets WON the GAME.

Think about that.....
    Thank you.

The Jets have shown the last 2 weeks that they are not a very good team at all. They were quite fortunate to be playing one of the worst teams in football today, and even then needed some luck on top of that (missed FGs). They will not win many games this season if they continue to play like this. Homers see a win and think everything is perfect. This is not a very good football team right now and anyone who thinks it is has not been watching.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Think about that.....

Things exactly like that happen to every NFL team EVERY week Vin.

Think how that Seahawk opponent must have felt in week one when Oopsies Edwards dropped an easy sure TD pass to hand them a win.

A WIN IS A WIN

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The Jets have shown the last 2 weeks that they are not a very good team at all. They were quite fortunate to be playing one of the worst teams in football today, and even then needed some luck on top of that (missed FGs). They will not win many games this season if they continue to play like this. Homers see a win and think everything is perfect. This is not a very good football team right now and anyone who thinks it is has not been watching.
    So might as well enjoy this win

Jets Insider VIP
    The comma contained in your signature is unnecessary.

I had to miss the entire game and I've only seen a few highlights ... but how in the hell did they let that "completion" to Fasano count?? The one where the ball clearly comes out when he hits the ground? I guess they converted that into a 1 yd TD plunge, did they not? How come nobody "on our side" talks much about stuff like that??

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

The Jets WON the GAME.

Think about that.....
    This whole GAME was BULLSHT.

Think about THAT.....

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Things exactly like that happen to every NFL team EVERY week Vin.

Think how that Seahawk opponent must have felt in week one when Oopsies Edwards dropped an easy sure TD pass to hand them a win.

A WIN IS A WIN

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I just knew you were going there.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    So might as well enjoy this win
    Any win is good, but I think the fanbase should be far more concerned by what they saw today than what happened last week. On the road against a good Pittsburgh team is excusable. Today was not. Bills are 2-1 also, does anyone think they're a good team? Record right now is not necessarily indicative of how great a team is, some teams played very difficult opponents early on, others have played easy ones. We fall in the latter category. Broncos for example played Pittsburgh, Atlanta, and Houston. Does anyone think we would be 2-1 if we had their schedule? Come on

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Any win is good, but I think the fanbase should be far more concerned by what they saw today than what happened last week. On the road against a good Pittsburgh team is excusable. Today was not. Bills are 2-1 also, does anyone think they're a good team? Record right now is not necessarily indicative of how great a team is, some teams played very difficult opponents early on, others have played easy ones. We fall in the latter category. Broncos for example played Pittsburgh, Atlanta, and Houston. Does anyone think we would be 2-1 if we had their schedule? Come on
    I don't post frequently ... but it gets kind of frustrating when everyone seems to get shoved into one of two categories. Supposedly, half of us think that because the team is 2-1, there aren't any issues/problems/concerns. OR, the other half of us think we're absolute crap with no chance of improvement - quite possibly one of the worst teams in the league.
    Can't I just be glad we're 2-1 - it could be worse, couldn't it? - and hope we make some much-needed improvements and continue to get better? I think many more of us are in this "category" than the others.

All League
    I bet Pittsburgh would take an ugly win right now against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

San Franscisco probably would have too.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I bet Pittsburgh would take an ugly win right now against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

San Franscisco probably would have too.
    Pittsburgh took an easy win against us. Niners will probably do the same. Your point?