Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One thing is clear about Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Amazing. Nobody here looks at the facts. No wonder you all are hated.
    What about the times he doesn't bring us back? Duh

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    What about the times he doesn't bring us back? Duh
    Yeah. Why didn't Joe Montana go undefeated? Such a cretin

Undrafted Free Agent
    Mark had four nice drives of 47,53,67,73 yards against a good defense,at a hostile environment,with ONE bonefide receiver.He avoided several sacks today and converted six straight first downs on that drive which we came from behind.This offense will get better once Powell gets settle in and Hill starts catching some balls.Mark will also benefit from Dustins return next week.Look for Sanchez outplaying Smith next week.Lets enjoy this win,i know i will.

What we seem to forget is the fact that this is a team game. Alex Smith has Vernon David, Frank Gore and a decent offensive line. We complain about Greene and Sanchez but lets realize that our problems on both sides of the ball start up front. We need to give the qb a little time to throw and we have to run the right routes and catch the football. That just doesn't happen with us

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    Only behind Eli and Brees in comeback wins since 09. We need a legit RB (i think Powell can be it) and we are good.
    And better targets for him to throw to.

Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    How can you say "drops or not"? Have you watched the games? He made plenty of pristine passes that were inexplicably dropped. That number could have easily be 43 out of 72. Thats 60%.
    Right on. And thats not including all the incompletions he threw bc the worse receiving group in the game cant get even an inch of separation from db's. He is set up for failure the same way tannehill is. No weapons to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    What we seem to forget is the fact that this is a team game. Alex Smith has Vernon David, Frank Gore and a decent offensive line. We complain about Greene and Sanchez but lets realize that our problems on both sides of the ball start up front. We need to give the qb a little time to throw and we have to run the right routes and catch the football. That just doesn't happen with us

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Defensively and offensive run blocking agreed. Our pass protection has actually been stellar so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Right on. And thats not including all the incompletions he threw bc the worse receiving group in the game cant get even an inch of separation from db's. He is set up for failure the same way tannehill is. No weapons to work with.
    Holmes got open a lot today. He played a far better game than Mark did, that's for sure. Schillens and Hill got behind the Phins secondary on what should have been walk-in TDs. Both overthrown balls, neither guy had a chance to make a play

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah. Why didn't Joe Montana go undefeated? Such a cretin
    Comparing Mark and the JETS to perhaps the greatest dynasty in 50 years?

Really?

Veteran
    As an above poster stated, 3rd in the NFL in comeback wins since coming into the league behind Eli Manning and Drew Brees.
    This also means we behind a lot. I pull for MS, but I like my qb to have better #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    One thing clear about Mark. He has very little around him.
    The talent on the offensive side is terrible. You look at successful young QBs like Stafford, Flacco, Ryan. They all have amazing talent to help out their QB. Put that with a crappy offensive line, how do you expect a quarterback to succeed? Sanchez has literally had to do it by himself. Jets are setting him up to fail.
    Last edited by Dimitri_0515; 09-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The talent on the offensive side is terrible. You look at successful young QBs like Stafford, Flacco, Ryan. They all have amazing talent to help out their QB. Put that with a crappy offensive line, how do you expect a quarterback to succeed? Sanchez has literally had to do it by himself. Jets are setting him up to fail.
    Our D is not what many think either......... Average and slow come to mind.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Holmes got open a lot today. He played a far better game than Mark did, that's for sure. Schillens and Hill got behind the Phins secondary on what should have been walk-in TDs. Both overthrown balls, neither guy had a chance to make a play

Hill pulled up lame on the overthrow to him. As far as the one to Shillens, yes, it was overthrown..... a little....... to a guy that practiced for 15 minutes, all of preseason. I think it would be safe to say, their timing with each other may not be the best.

I find it ironic--- some Jets fans demand consistency...... from someone that is surrounded by inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Our D is not what many think either......... Average and slow come to mind.
    Other than Rex and the players on it, does anyone else think it's elite at this point? I agree, they look average and slow. Very fortunate that Bush left the game, he was gashing them

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    He almost gave away the game on a dumb throw in ot, not giving him credit for this one
    Flacco just got picked off, time for a QB change in Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Hill pulled up lame on the overthrow to him. As far as the one to Shillens, yes, it was overthrown..... a little....... to a guy that practiced for 15 minutes, all of preseason. I think it would be safe to say, their timing with each other may not be the best.

I find it ironic--- some Jets fans demand consistency...... from someone that is surrounded by inconsistency.
    Was Mark consistent when he was surrounded by better skill players? Did I miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Or the Incompletion to Cumberland in the Endzone when he was almost killed before he was able to throw the ball and basically made a tremendous athletic play just to get the ball off in CUmblerands direction. Of course everyone is killing Sanchez for missing a "wide open" wr but the reality is that you couldn't ask much more from a QB in that spot.

Sure he makes some head scratching throws, but so do 90 percent of all QBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Was Mark consistent when he was surrounded by better skill players? Did I miss this?
    Ummmm when was Sanchez surronded ny superior skill players!!!

Come on Man....

Good Grief!!!

Your right, he was inconsistent as a rookie when he was surrounded by superstars like Thomas Jones, Cotchery, Edwards (for part of the season), keller and other average players that you think were superstars in hindsight.

Practice Squad
    I have never heard more excuses for a QB then our fan base makes for Sanchez.

Every post here talking about his inaccuracy, missing WR's, putting us in bad positions, INT's, performing badly in winnable games, makes questionable decisions, lacks leadership abilities ARE ALL TRUE.

This guy will NEVER be an elite QB nor a workable QB that can get us to a SB, and the sooner we realize that and start exploring our other options (Tebow, or McElroy) we are going nowhere.

Anyone here that believes he can LEAD this team is in serious denial. I too wanted him to be good and a leader. After 4 years the jury is in, he is none of those, move on.