Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: One thing is clear about Mark

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. He was terribly inaccurate today - Crunch time would have been the first possession - they didn't move the ball...
    Oh come on. You know his apologists need to bolster him every chance they get. Humor them! They know not what they say!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So? That was not the point.
    That was exactly the point in the post I quoted.

Here's a clue fore you. If people post into a thread and then other people respond directly to those posts by quoting them, then the thread starter would be stupid to assume that the responses are actually responses to the thread starting post two pages before.
    Last edited by EM31; 09-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Your right, he was inconsistent as a rookie when he was surrounded by superstars like Thomas Jones, Cotchery, Edwards (for part of the season), keller and other average players that you think were superstars in hindsight.
    When will the excuses end? It's tiresome already, the guy is a 4th year player, he isn't showing improvement

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Oh come on. You know his apologists need to bolster him every chance they get. Humor them! They know not what they say!
    I agree, we should just bench Sanchez and go with Tebow because Holmes and our receivers will drop a lot less balls and we will get a running game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an above poster stated, 3rd in the NFL in comeback wins since coming into the league behind Eli Manning and Drew Brees.
    So far he's done better than Brees this season as well. His WR's have been letting him down big time but I concede that he definitely needs to improve on performing well, consistently throughout the game

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I was Sanchez, I would quit. This is a joke. Look at his receivers. A receivers job is to get separation. When Rich Gannon, a pretty good QB, is criticizing the Jets WR's over and over again for not getting any separation, and praising Sanchez, I think we should all not blame Sanchez for this. First int? What does Rich Gannon say? He explains how in no way or form was that interception Sanchez' fault. His receiver messed up on his route and allowed the DB to jump in front of it. The second one, yeah. I blame Sanchez for that one. It was a bad throw. As for his decisions? What did he do that was so bad? Lets not forget that his line is basically abysmal. His running game? Do we even have a running game? He is surrounded by nothing. He is trying to do everything, with nothing. Rich Gannon was praising Sanchez on the game he played today... does that not mean anything? I'm sure he knows less about Football than everyone here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Your slowly becoming one of the most obnoxious posters on this board. You realize Timmy did jack s*** today right? If this is how bad the offense is with mark, I cringe at the thought of Tebow going under center.

Mark needs to step up and be more consistent & The recievers need to catch the damn football. If that all happens we'll be fine. It's not making excuses, it's having half of brain and realizing if we cant establish a run game, catch a football, or run a friggin route, it doesn't matter who's out there, we'll still suck. Mark needs to be better but he still gives us the best chance to win going forward. That being said he can't do it by himself.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 09-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MTJets View Post
    If I was Sanchez, I would quit. This is a joke. Look at his receivers. A receivers job is to get separation. When Rich Gannon, a pretty good QB, is criticizing the Jets WR's over and over again for not getting any separation, and praising Sanchez, I think we should all not blame Sanchez for this. First int? What does Rich Gannon say? He explains how in no way or form was that interception Sanchez' fault. His receiver messed up on his route and allowed the DB to jump in front of it. The second one, yeah. I blame Sanchez for that one. It was a bad throw. As for his decisions? What did he do that was so bad? Lets not forget that his line is basically abysmal. His running game? Do we even have a running game? He is surrounded by nothing. He is trying to do everything, with nothing. Rich Gannon was praising Sanchez on the game he played today... does that not mean anything? I'm sure he knows less about Football than everyone here.
    A million times this^^

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He was horrible today, missed some wide open receivers.
    You dont need to comeback if you hit the 3 WIDE OPEN TD's he missed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first part of your statement makes no sense whatsoever. They were in comeback reach.
    Only because YOU are reading it. You're stuck in first gear.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets look at this is mark perfect nope far from it but if his receivers catch the fing ball today 4 more catches and one is TD couple that with 7 dropped last week?
    His receivers have been absolute crap. Never mind have a good running game that should relieve the pressure on the qb.
    Haters gonna hate but you need to look at the entire team, or at least learn the sport, of the two picks today one could have been his fault he forced that [ass to gates who ran a piss poor route......
    So all of the idiots and yes I say idiots who want him to fail why so we can get someone else who then geniuses who will succeed with these receivers and running game. Tell me you titans of football knowledge. barkley, nope he has yet to take a snap in the nfl...
    Sanchez is the qb of this team like it or hate it. But get used to it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to point out that if we want a more downfield passing game (I do), we should expect more interceptions.
    IMO the second interception should have been a TD. Hill was in front of the defender (looking at Mark) and the ball would have landed closer to the front pylon or at worst a 6'4 receiver having a jump ball opportunity, which is why the S got the INT. Play was drawn correctly, execution not so much, but this is not on Mark. Ball was thrown way ahead in advance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    What we seem to forget is the fact that this is a team game. Alex Smith has Vernon David, Frank Gore and a decent offensive line. We complain about Greene and Sanchez but lets realize that our problems on both sides of the ball start up front. We need to give the qb a little time to throw and we have to run the right routes and catch the football. That just doesn't happen with us

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Through 3 weeks Sanchez has been enjoying very good pass blocking, light years better than last year.

His end zone interception yesterday was a rushed lob to a kind of surprised Miami defender when no one was on him.

Sanchez is needy. He needs better players around him to be good. In fact, he needs his teammates to outclass the opposing defense to put his stamp on a game.

While he had a sure TD dropped by Hill, he also threw his best passes late when the Miami defense was out of gas. I thought this was pretty obvious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is not a franchise QB and is not someone who makes people around him better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Sanchez is not a franchise QB and is not someone who makes people around him better.
    I agree... He clearly hasn't taught Stephen Hill how to catch a ****ing football...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it is clear to several posters out here who use dismisssive words like "aploogist" on every thread when describing others that Gannon to is nothing more than a paid commentator apologist who is doing nothing more than drinking the Green Kool Aid on Sanchez's behalf!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, what? Jeremy Kerley catching an 8 yard pass and sprinting down the field is Sanchez showing up? Holmes creating HUGE open lanes is him showing up? Christ, save it. He sucked and the Dolphins kicker bailed us out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I agree... He clearly hasn't taught Stephen Hill how to catch a ****ing football...
    Not what I meant , he seriously lacks some leadership and yes he should get in the kid face. When things don't look promising ,enough with doom and gloom look and perform like a leader. He just about mail that game to the phins on the last drive.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    His end zone interception yesterday was a rushed lob to a kind of surprised Miami defender when no one was on him.

Didnt Gannon point out that the TE ran his route too close to the WR, thereby leaving a defender in a spot Sanchez wasnt expecting one to be?

Essentially creating double coverage on the WR?

Mark has to anticipate that they will be where they are supposed to be when he throws the ball.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    His decision on the second interception was terrible too, he hosted Miami into showing their blitz then instead of doing the smart thing and throw into the blitz by checking Kerleys route at the line to a slant he throws a fade to the boundary (well under thrown).. Watch the play again there is absolutely no one in the middle of the field, if he makes the correct check at the line it's a walk in td to kerley similar to the td he scores to go ahead in the 4th. Those are the types of adjustments u expect a 4th year qb to make