Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: One thing is clear about Mark

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    His decision on the second interception was terrible too, he hosted Miami into showing their blitz then instead of doing the smart thing and throw into the blitz by checking Kerleys route at the line to a slant he throws a fade to the boundary (well under thrown).. Watch the play again there is absolutely no one in the middle of the field, if he makes the correct check at the line it's a walk in td to kerley similar to the td he scores to go ahead in the 4th. Those are the types of adjustments u expect a 4th year qb to make
    Learn football...watch the game. I know you didn't watch yesterday because if you had you would have seen the long breakdown Gannon did on the play. The one where he undeniably proved that Cumberland was at fault for the interception.

But it's ok, I know I am wasting my time on you. You and a bunch of other posters on this site are no doubt the prototypical dumb NFL fans who walk around the office spewing their ignorant "knowledge" and being MMQB's while everyone else shakes their head as soon as you walk away.

You are one step above the girlfriend who casually watches the game for the first time before deciding to add her input into a serious discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Learn football...watch the game. I know you didn't watch yesterday because if you had you would have seen the long breakdown Gannon did on the play. The one where he undeniably proved that Cumberland was at fault for the interception.

But it's ok, I know I am wasting my time on you. You and a bunch of other posters on this site are no doubt the prototypical dumb NFL fans who walk around the office spewing their ignorant "knowledge" and being MMQB's while everyone else shakes their head as soon as you walk away.

You are one step above the girlfriend who casually watches the game for the first time before deciding to add her input into a serious discussion.
    Part of being a good nfl QB is knowing who your players are ... In critical situations it's even more important.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We haven't had 12 drops in the last 2 games, get real. Sanchez overthrow at least 2 gimmie TDs today, he overthrew a gimmie TD last week. Even average QBs hit a couple of those. He missed all of them.

His level of play is no different than year 2. He hasn't improved. The WRs don't help, but Sanchez is just as big a part of the problem as they are.
    This is right.

While we saw some drops - most of them were still bad passed. Yes, receivers could have caught them but they weren't great throws.

It would be nice to see Sanchez hit a receiver in stride - he's just horribly innacurate when the receiver is moving.

You'll not most of his completions have a receiver coming back to him or stopped - so he can just fire it in.

Ask for a little touch and forget about it.

Combine Sanchez and Pennington and you have a full QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Part of being a good nfl QB is knowing who your players are ... In critical situations it's even more important.
    Haha.. so Mark should have said to himself, "Hmm... Cumberland is dumb as a stump, and will probably not see the hot and run the wrong route, so I shouldn't throw the hot fade route to Hill."

Yeah, he DEFINITELY should have done that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is right.

While we saw some drops - most of them were still bad passed. Yes, receivers could have caught them but they weren't great throws.

It would be nice to see Sanchez hit a receiver in stride - he's just horribly innacurate when the receiver is moving.

You'll not most of his completions have a receiver coming back to him or stopped - so he can just fire it in.

Ask for a little touch and forget about it.

Combine Sanchez and Pennington and you have a full QB.
    Sanchez is the king of the hospital pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    So are you saying or implying that you know more about being an NFL QB than Gannon???

If not, please tell us precisely where Rich Gannon was totally off base in his analysis of the play?

Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    As an above poster stated, 3rd in the NFL in comeback wins since coming into the league behind Eli Manning and Drew Brees.

I think comeback wins are largely a function of defense though... How often did our defense freeze the scoreboard for an entire half of the game, letting Mark pull off a "comeback"?

I thought Sanchez was pretty awful yesterday. The reason you guys won this game, besides our kicker, was field position. Sanchez got the ball down 1 score a bunch of times around the 50. Or at least passed the jets own 40. He finally drove down the field and was able to get a fieldgoal, which was good. But if your going to talk about being clutch, he had his chance in ot. They got the ball, and he missed throws, and couldn't drive down for a fieldgoal. Also, for the most part, he had all day to throw. He missed 3 easy touchdowns, and had that interception on the 3rd and goal that he just can't throw. I really think you guys have problems. It's just so hard to recover from a bust at qb. He's got a little more time to prove he's not, but I just don't see it. He doesn't have any supreme physical traits, and then mentally he just doesn't have any football smarts it doesn't seem.

Now I will say, he has absolutely no talent around him besides holmes. And although holmes is a trouble maker, he would be putting up pretty good stats if he had a good qb. Also, I keep seeing people complaining about the drops. Every QB has drops. Some more than others, but they all have them. He might have had 5 or 6 drops, but he also had at least 6 overthrows. 3 that could've been touchdowns. Another part of the drops is ball placement. You hope a running back can catch everything, but you have to help them out, not throw on his back shoulder and make him adjust and lose any momentum he may have had. Not only that, but when he had like 20 dropped interceptions in his 2nd season, I didn't hear anybody complaining about that. All I heard was, if they don't catch it it doesn't matter, you can't play the what if game. You guys just gotta face it, this guy is not a franchise qb. As of now anyways. Now if you think he's going to turn it all around this year then fine, I wont say its impossible. But as of now, he's not what you had hoped he would be, and doesn't seem like he will ever be. And thats great news for the rest of the afc east. As a dolphins fan, I know how hard it is to find a franchise qb. I hope tannehill will become that. I sure as hell don't know if he will, but I believe he's got a better chance than Sanchez as Sanchez has already shown what he is up to this point.

He can struggle a lot, but in clutch moments, he shows up and delivers. We have seen it time and time again in his career, including today.
    This is what most hate about him. If he couse be consistant and make the proper throws from the start, he would not have to make the ome from behind crap. Plus the o has zero play makers.

I've been a staunch supporter of Sanchez and still am. He had a terrible game yesterday. Hi biggest problem is he holds the ball too long, waits until he's about to get hit and THEN makes the last millisecond decision to make a throw when he has no choice, and he does so blindly. I don't know what's going on with the receivers that he feels he has to do this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You are clueless. Meanwhile Carson Palmer just beat that AMAZING Steelers D that made Sanchez look like he was in Pop Warner
    Yeah and the Dolphins destroyed the Raiders. So what's your point?

You are clueless. Meanwhile Carson Palmer just beat that AMAZING Steelers D that made Sanchez look like he was in Pop Warner
    You forget to mention one big reason.... MCFADDEN!! Helps to have a stud at RB.

Rookie
    In addition to the receiver drops, I can recall at least three times when the Fins dropped sure interceptions. This goes both ways.

Sanchez was terrible. I was really excited about his progress five quarters into the season, but he's now looking exactly like the inconsistent Sanchez we have come to know.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I really do feel as if some people may be blind Sanchez believers and some are hard-to-please Sanchez doubters, but at this point he is our QB and whining about him sucking even after he did perform enough to get a win seems too harsh. Now, if he threw a few picks all his fault ad we lost (a VEERRRY thin line, I know), then we'd have more reason to panic.

That game was in Oakland and the refs called a different game once the Steelers got out to that big lead. Palmer got hot... he got into rhythm... and the Steelers weren't getting away with holds. Plus, not to metion a helmet-on-helmet that if Brady got hit with, he would've thrown a temper tantrum until he got a flag. And, the Steelers beat the Jets at home, but lost to the Raiders in Oakland, who got trounced by the Dolphins in Miami, where we just won. Such is the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    How can you say "drops or not"? Have you watched the games? He made plenty of pristine passes that were inexplicably dropped. That number could have easily be 43 out of 72. Thats 60%.
    It is true that when I watch around the league, I see my Jets dropping passes IN THEIR HANDS more than any other receivers. Granted, some of the balls are thrown too hard and/or behind... but that's probably residue from Schitty and his preaching of playing panicked and get rid of it even if it's in double-coverage or no pressure. If he calms down and plays poised, he does get results. But where is this poise during mainly the 2nd an 3d quarters? He seems to do best in the 1st and 4th. He has to show poise... sometimes he seems panicky, and that's when he throws bad ones. He also sometimes rifles a laser where he just needs a tad little more touch. He overthrew a few possible touchdowns, and hit Tebow in the helmet and Powell in the kidney. The week before, he hit a wide open man in the back of the shoulder pads. These are good decisions, but rushed and too much power in them,or the receiver wasn't ready or just flat dropped it. Sometimes, taking a little off it would help in those cases, but at the same time, getting the ball out ensures less QB hits.

I was depressed yesterday because although we won, it was ugly as hell and we maqy not have deserved it. But at the same time, its only 1 of 16 and we got a win. Sometimes, good teams just win ugly on the road. The difference is, at home, they turn an ugly win in to momentum and use that mojo to beat good teams, especially at home. Time will tell which way this team goes. Revis' injury makes the road tougher, but we aren't by any means as terrible as we looked in some games nor as awesome as we looked in the opener. Hopefully, we're playoff caliber and get hot at the right time, preferably with home playoff game(s). The last handful of Super Bowl winners didn't always look great, won ugly games, lost sloppy, inconsistent games... but got in the playoffs, got hot, got lucky, got momentum and won it all. In the NFL, that is ALL you can ask for. Long gone are the days of the unstoppable juggernauts winning all season. Getting in and winning when you get there is how its been done for the last decade or so.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 09-24-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    He can struggle a lot, but in clutch moments, he shows up and delivers. We have seen it time and time again in his career, including today.
    Agreed.

And make no mistake about it, Sanchez arguably has the worst supporting cast in the skill department of any QB in the NFL.

I feel like the only major problem with Sanchez is his accuracy on deep throws. Which is huge because we've had so many opportunities and he just hasn't connected.

Other then that, yeah throws could be a little better but WR's have to help out and catch it when it's hitting their hands.

Stop with Tebow, start Powell, stick with Slauson and this offense would be fine....maybe.

Veteran
    Mark is really bad. He got no help for sure, but he's brutal

I really don't understand the whole clutch arguement after yesterdays game. I can understand it after 2010, because he did make it happen again and again. Still think it was overrated, but i'll give him credit where it is due. But the game yesterday, sanchez had chance after chance in the 2nd half with great field position to score and he couldn't do it. He was pretty bad all game, or at least erratic. Wide recievers did drop some balls, but sanchez missed alot too, a couple deep shots that would've taken a lead he missed on. He also could've been intercepted in Ot on that ill advised floater. And for the most part, he had all day to throw. It seems like he's afraid to pass it sometimes. He'll have all day, but he keeps pump faking and it's like he's afraid to make a mistake, which wouldn't surprise me because that's what Sparano did to henne. But, if we had made that fieldgoal in OT, after sanchez failed to score, would these same threads be here? When your given enough opporunities eventually your going to score. If sanchez has a whole season like this, where you have to make excuses after every game, at what point is enough enough? This next draft is supposed to be pretty qb heavy I think. This is sanchez' year, either he plays well, or end the excuses and look at another option. You can still keep sanchez next year and have a rookie qb to push him and maybe take his job. Worst case scenerio is you have a drew brees and phillip rivers situation and you can trade one of them.

Also, for the clutch arguement, isn't yesterday exactly what tebow does? Defense gets the ball back for the offense time and time again. Defense scores points for the offense. Offense finally scores at the end of the game. Offense punts in ot, kicker misses fieldgoal, offense moves down and kicks fieldgoal to win it. I'm in no way a tebow lover or hater, but the win you guys had yesterday is the exact same way tebow would win, and would be discredited because he sucks all game, and completes less than half of his passes.

All Pro
    Mark Sanchez is to the NYJets as Donovan McNab was to the Philidelphia Pigeons.

Now that Mr McNab is gone,you would be hard pressed to find many Eagle Fans who loved this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Mark Sanchez is to the NYJets as Donovan McNab was to the Philidelphia Pigeons.

Now that Mr McNab is gone,you would be hard pressed to find many Eagle Fans who loved this guy.
    Philly fans ha ha ha ha