Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One thing is clear about Mark

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    First three quarters count just as much as the last drive. At some point we need consistency from the QB position. We were lucky to win this game. Sanchez did not bail us out today. He was part of the problem.
    Through 3 games this season, I don't see how people can be high on Sanchez. He's been as inconsistent as ever, he's still turning it over a bunch, he's still missing easy throws, he's still up and down. He's done nothing to firmly grip the starting job long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    As an above poster stated, 3rd in the NFL in comeback wins since coming into the league behind Eli Manning and Drew Brees.
    I don't know if that's something to brag about. And Sanchez is playing from behind a lot more than those guys.

One thing clear about Mark. He has very little around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So tell me...

What good is that "comeback talent" if he can't play well enough in the first 3 quarters to make the opposition within comeback reach?

In other words, I don't care about what he does when the Jets are in desperate situations. They wouldn't be in desperate situations if Sanchez would play well enough to begin with. The NYJ weren't looking for a QB that was great in OT, but garbage during the first 3 quarters. Their looking for a QB that is great ALL the time.
    The first part of your statement makes no sense whatsoever. They were in comeback reach.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We haven't had 12 drops in the last 2 games, get real. Sanchez overthrow at least 2 gimmie TDs today, he overthrew a gimmie TD last week. Even average QBs hit a couple of those. He missed all of them.

His level of play is no different than year 2. He hasn't improved. The WRs don't help, but Sanchez is just as big a part of the problem as they are.
    We had 7 catchable passes dropped today. Last week, we were complaining about drops as well, but I dont have the numbers. Would not shock me if it was more than 5.

As an above poster stated, 3rd in the NFL in comeback wins since coming into the league behind Eli Manning and Drew Brees.
    I posted many weeks ago I felt that we would be down in the 4th qtr in many games and Mark will bring us back. he did.

problem this time is....

HE helped put us behind
    we have very weak personnel

we can't be pleased with what we saw today......

Jets Insider VIP
    Through 3 games this season, I don't see how people can be high on Sanchez. He's been as inconsistent as ever, he's still turning it over a bunch, he's still missing easy throws, he's still up and down. He's done nothing to firmly grip the starting job long-term.
    Sanchez has played 1 good game and 2 bad games this season. That's a fact.

I don't think it's a matter of being high or low on Sanchez. He has to be better than going 1:2 on good:bad performances.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    How can you say "drops or not"? Have you watched the games? He made plenty of pristine passes that were inexplicably dropped. That number could have easily be 43 out of 72. Thats 60%.
    The numbers don't lie. Over the course of his career he has an awful completion percentage on passes at almost all distances when compared to the other QBs in the league.

He has been one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL.

FOR 2 YEARS I have said he's an average QB.

You can win with an average QB in the NFL. Look at Alex Smith last year.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The numbers don't lie. Over the course of his career he has an awful completion percentage on passes at almost all distances when compared to the other QBs in the league.

He has been one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL.
    So? That was not the point.

We are 3 games into a new offensive system and we are featuring a lot of players without much experience. Today was ugly, but it was foreseeable that the offense would suffer some growing pains. Missing Keller, the leading receiver last season, has not helped.

Hopefully they will start playing Powell more.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Sanchez has played 1 good game and 2 bad games this season. That's a fact.

I don't think it's a matter of being high or low on Sanchez. He has to be better than going 1:2 on good:bad performances.
    I would not count the Steelers game as bad because he got hit on the head by Timmons. And he didn't turn the ball over in that game.

So its 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    We had 7 catchable passes dropped today. Last week, we were complaining about drops as well, but I dont have the numbers. Would not shock me if it was more than 5.
    Catchable doesn't mean they were good throws. Sanchez rarely puts the ball in the perfect spot to make it easy for the receiver. His career best completion percentage is 56. He's been in the league 4 years. He's right at 50 percent this season. Every QB must deal with WR drops. The Packers WRs dropped everything last season and Rodgers completed almost 70% still. You have to overcome the drops.

FOR 2 YEARS I have said he's an average QB.

You can win with an average QB in the NFL. Look at Alex Smith last year.
    Smith threw 5 INTs last year. Sanchez threw 18. Obviously one guy gave his team a much better chance to win on a week to week basis.

Smith threw 5 INTs last year. Sanchez threw 18. Obviously one guy gave his team a much better chance to win on a week to week basis.
    So Alex Smith is better than Mark Sanchez despite the career tag of bust on Smith? Are you willing to throw out his other years for last year?

I would not count the Steelers game as bad because he got hit on the head by Timmons. And he didn't turn the ball over in that game.

So its 1:1
    little secret...they all count....sanchez stinks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nothing is clear about Sanchez. That's the problem.

So Alex Smith is better than Mark Sanchez despite the career tag of bust on Smith? Are you willing to throw out his other years for last year?
    Since the start of last season, Smith has played a lot smarter than Sanchez has, made better decisions. Does that make him a better QB? It would in a lot of people's eyes. Niners also have a better D than the Jets too, but that's a whole nother story....

Sanchez is not a highly accurate passer. But he has had a ton of catchable balls dropped the past 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481;4610474[B
    ]Since the start of last season,[/B] Smith has played a lot smarter than Sanchez has, made better decisions. Does that make him a better QB? It would in a lot of people's eyes. Niners also have a better D than the Jets too, but that's a whole nother story....
    You cant do that. You have to group all the other years of Smith too. That's not fair to Mark.