Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One thing is clear about Mark

One thing is clear about Mark

He can struggle a lot, but in clutch moments, he shows up and delivers. We have seen it time and time again in his career, including today.

Only behind Eli and Brees in comeback wins since 09. We need a legit RB (i think Powell can be it) and we are good.

He almost gave away the game on a dumb throw in ot, not giving him credit for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He can struggle a lot, but in clutch moments, he shows up and delivers. We have seen it time and time again in his career, including today.
    I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. He was terribly inaccurate today - Crunch time would have been the first possession - they didn't move the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    He almost gave away the game on a dumb throw in ot, not giving him credit for this one
    And then made a great throw to Holmes.

Only thing that has become clear to me is that it is his 4th year and he is an extremely inaccurate passer and makes questionable decisions. In the last 2 games, he's 31 out of 72. This is the NFL, that is unacceptable, WR drops or not. You cannot be a consistently good team and player when your QB is so inaccurate. It's just not possible. Especially when you have a lousy running game too (which we do)

Haha. You guys are funny

Whatever you are smoking--dont Bogart the joint my friend, pass it over to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. He was terribly inaccurate today - Crunch time would have been the first possession - they didn't move the ball...
    As an above poster stated, 3rd in the NFL in comeback wins since coming into the league behind Eli Manning and Drew Brees.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Only thing that has become clear to me is that it is his 4th year and he is an extremely inaccurate passer and makes questionable decisions. In the last 2 games, he's 31 out of 72. This is the NFL, that is unacceptable, WR drops or not. You cannot be a consistently good team and player when your QB is so inaccurate. It's just not possible. Especially when you have a lousy running game too (which we do)
    So? That has nothing to do with my point.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Whatever you are smoking--dont Bogart the joint my friend, pass it over to me.
    The evidence states it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    How can you say "drops or not"? Have you watched the games? He made plenty of pristine passes that were inexplicably dropped. That number could have easily be 43 out of 72. Thats 60%.

You are clueless. Meanwhile Carson Palmer just beat that AMAZING Steelers D that made Sanchez look like he was in Pop Warner

Hall Of Fame
    First three quarters count just as much as the last drive. At some point we need consistency from the QB position. We were lucky to win this game. Sanchez did not bail us out today. He was part of the problem.

Be grateful for the win and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You are clueless. Meanwhile Carson Palmer just beat that AMAZING Steelers D that made Sanchez look like he was in Pop Warner
    Amazing. Nobody here looks at the facts. No wonder you all are hated.

Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    How can you say "drops or not"? Have you watched the games? He made plenty of pristine passes that were inexplicably dropped. That number could have easily be 43 out of 72. Thats 60%.
    We haven't had 12 drops in the last 2 games, get real. Sanchez overthrow at least 2 gimmie TDs today, he overthrew a gimmie TD last week. Even average QBs hit a couple of those. He missed all of them.

His level of play is no different than year 2. He hasn't improved. The WRs don't help, but Sanchez is just as big a part of the problem as they are.

So tell me...

What good is that "comeback talent" if he can't play well enough in the first 3 quarters to make the opposition within comeback reach?

In other words, I don't care about what he does when the Jets are in desperate situations. They wouldn't be in desperate situations if Sanchez would play well enough to begin with. The NYJ weren't looking for a QB that was great in OT, but garbage during the first 3 quarters. Their looking for a QB that is great ALL the time.

+1000

One of the winners on this team

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    First three quarters count just as much as the last drive. At some point we need consistency from the QB position. We were lucky to win this game. Sanchez did not bail us out today. He was part of the problem.
    But when it came time to score a TD, he drove it down the field and scored.

By the way, that first three quarters stuff reminds of a QB last year who led his team to the playoffs. Yes I went there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He was horrible today, missed some wide open receivers.