Thread: I want more carries for Bilal

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I want more carries for Bilal

Against a tough run D the kid was balling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    The "kid" is no better then Shonn Greene. This is another, the star is not recognized by the "experts" post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are, all three of them are JAGs but Powell showed me today that he is the best of a sorry bunch. He should get more carries.

McKnight, pffft. I guess the coaching staff must still be holding him back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I want more carries for anyone not named Shonn Greene. Worst starting player on the Jets and the CS thinks he's a workhorse HB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    I agree, but he better protect the football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious to see what kind of receiver he is. If he can be effective catching the ball, it's a no-brainer as to who should be starting.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    its really time to bring in a stud running back, whether it be through the draft next year or FA. We need a stud running back to help out mark!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell's got potential. I like the reception he made today. Turned it upfield and got good yardage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    the difference between Powell and Greene is that when there is a hole, Greene gets the bare minimum while Powell can at least hit the hole and gain a few yards. Sure, he dropped a big 3rd down pass, but at least he doesnt look like an OG running the ball

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell should be getting more carries than greene for sure. Has a little more burst, has some wiggle, can catch and block and does all of these things better than Greene

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think all the rb's lack burst.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4.5 YPC?

I'll take it

Start em Rex, he's the best we got

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell has greatly improved from last season. He has a very quick burst when he gets the ball. I would also like to see him get continued touches.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    is ryan grant still available? or can tanne make a trade already. those who said mjd was dead he had 177 yards today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I want more carries for anyone not named Shonn Greene. Worst starting player on the Jets and the CS thinks he's a workhorse HB.
    QFT

Powell appears to be a JAG, but Greene is simply unacceptable at this point. In my opinion, Greene's days as a NYJ are numbered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Bingo. Powell's biggest credential at this point is he's better than Greene, which isn't saying much. I think he can be solid, but don't expect this kid to have star potential, I haven't seen that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell and Greene both have roles that they can be succesful in, and the coaches need to figure out what those roles are soon.

If it were my choice, Powell is generally in there on the longer Down/Distance combos and Greene is in there for anything under 3 yards to go.

I like what Powell can bring to the passing game, and I think that the offense can be too predictable sometimes on 1st and 2nd down due to Greene's limitations in that area.

I also do not like the idea of Powell being counted on to convert short yardage situations, as he doesn't seem as decisive to the whole yet. Greene gets a lot of flack, but one thing he does well is decides on his lane, and hits it hard, and will usually pick up yards.

I think our offense could definitely benefit from Powell getting more touches, even if it served nothing less than having another body the D generally has to worry about in the passing game.

As much as people are down on Greene, and I agree, he's not the type of back that should be receiving 25 carries a game, Powell is not that back either, so the coaches need to find roles to utilize them both as best they can.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Mcknight get caught playing with Rex's wife's feet? I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders or anything,but for a team who lacks explosive playmakers he is one of them.

He should at least get 8-10 touches,but I guess it's better to have Greene slam into the line and get 2 yards every damn time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edit