Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ton of respect for Torrey Smith

Jets Insider VIP

Ton of respect for Torrey Smith

In the lineup not even 24 hours after the loss of his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Sometimes thats the best way to deal with a tragedy.

How about getting the camera out of his face?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    How about getting the camera out of his face?
    my thought exactly

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    As long as he doesnt give the BS crap answer everyone else does (Ed Reed) and say "he would have wanted me to play." No he f-in wouldnt. He would want you to grieve for him and not be a piece of s--- of a sibling.

In all seriousness, kudos to him. Also happens to be a good receiver. But we dont need him because our wide receivers are stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    As long as he doesnt give the BS crap answer everyone else does (Ed Reed) and say "he would have wanted me to play." No he f-in wouldnt. He would want you to grieve for him and not be a piece of s--- of a sibling.

In all seriousness, kudos to him. Also happens to be a good receiver. But we dont need him because our wide receivers are stacked.
    Makes sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

why do you have respect for him playing in a meaningless game hours after his sibling died?

is the nfl suddenly more important than life and death?

Jets Insider VIP
    I fail to understand how this should garner respect.

I mean...it shows that he is dedicated to a job that he is paid a lot of money to do. But I fail to see how people could lose respect for him if he had decided to NOT play.

Please... You must not watch the Irish

Jets Insider VIP
    I respect his strength to be able to go out there when its totally acceptable to be grieving.

All League
    How did his brother pass away? I missed the first part of them talking about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    why do you have respect for him playing in a meaningless game hours after his sibling died?

is the nfl suddenly more important than life and death?
    Really?! Are you suddenly the guy who should judge how people grieve for loved ones? To spell it out for you, it's generally perceived as strength when someone is able to go on with their job when a loved one dies. He will almost certainly take a couple days to grieve after this game, but again, who are you to judge? Have you played professional football and had to make this kind of decision? Are you a grief counselor that is qualified to judge someone enough to ask the BS rhetorical question about football life and death?

Get a clue man.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    How did his brother pass away? I missed the first part of them talking about it.
    They said on TV motorcycle wreck.

All Pro
    He just caught a TD Good for him!!!!

My condolences to him and his family

All League
    Hauls in a TD. Good for him It probably doesn't help much, but I'm sure it helps a little.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjsaus View Post
    Really?! Are you suddenly the guy who should judge how people grieve for loved ones? To spell it out for you, it's generally perceived as strength when someone is able to go on with their job when a loved one dies. He will almost certainly take a couple days to grieve after this game, but again, who are you to judge? Have you played professional football and had to make this kind of decision? Are you a grief counselor that is qualified to judge someone enough to ask the BS rhetorical question about football life and death?

Get a clue man.
    i'm not judging in the least. again, i am asking why i should respect someone who put their 'job' first after the death of a sibling? good for him. but to 'respect' him for it? again.. why?

it's a nice story, and yeah, i'm rooting for him.. but to respect him for that decision? should i NOT respect someone in a similar position who decides to sit out?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    i'm not judging in the least. again, i am asking why i should respect someone who put their 'job' first after the death of a sibling? good for him. but to 'respect' him for it? again.. why?

it's a nice story, and yeah, i'm rooting for him.. but to respect him for that decision? should i NOT respect someone in a similar position who decides to sit out?
    You are right. I guess no respect should be given for those who go right back to work OR those who take time to grieve after the death of a loved one.

You should respect both, which by your statements, you clearly do not. You are too hung up on being devils advocate to realize you make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Sometimes thats the best way to deal with a tragedy.
    Absolutely right, people grieve in different ways some need to go to work to try to keep it together.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post

really?

i'm not religious at all, but maybe, just maybe, his brother is up above right now smiling down on the performance his brother put up tonight.

and yes, every single person who has watched a family member do what they love would want them to continue doing so despite their passing. to say otherwise is just ****ing selfish on your part.

All Pro
    the stadium was realllly rockin' for him