Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Figure Out the Sparano Hate

Rookie

Trying to Figure Out the Sparano Hate

As I watched the first game of the year (when we worked the bills) the main difference imo wasn't Sanchez or anyone stepping up. I thought we were calling much better plays. Kerley being so effective I see as Sparano. Holmes getting the ball so many times and so many ways today I again see as Sparano

The last two weeks, I blame Sanchez, and the wr's. These players are not executing the way they should. Same with the running game. Shonn Green is too slow, but fresh legs powell is running well.

The jets had tons of opportunities to score, on what i saw as well designed plays.

Cumberland overthrown, schilens overthrown (all would have been tds), tons of drops last week as well as inaccuracy by sanchez, as well as a few other key plays i cant remember

In my opinion Sparano is an excellent oc, i hope our players can execute better from here on out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

the difference I noticed was some in game adjustments this week. Our offense wasn't doing anything in the 1st quarter, but by the 2nd, new plays were being used and it looked like the coaches were actually looking at the game film to figure out what would work.. nice change.

Any blame on Sporano goes to Rex and Co. for hiring him. The play calling has been the least of the problems in 3 weeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    As I watched the first game of the year (when we worked the bills) the main difference imo wasn't Sanchez or anyone stepping up. I thought we were calling much better plays. Kerley being so effective I see as Sparano. Holmes getting the ball so many times and so many ways today I again see as Sparano

The last two weeks, I blame Sanchez, and the wr's. These players are not executing the way they should. Same with the running game. Shonn Green is too slow, but fresh legs powell is running well.

The jets had tons of opportunities to score, on what i saw as well designed plays.

Cumberland overthrown, schilens overthrown (all would have been tds), tons of drops last week as well as inaccuracy by sanchez, as well as a few other key plays i cant remember

In my opinion Sparano is an excellent oc, i hope our players can execute better from here on out.
    agreed and well written! On this board the haters love to hate. They pick one person and dump all over that person while making excuses for their favorite choir boys who can never do wrong in their eyes!

good qbs find ways to win. now that schotte is gone we are blaming sparano for what mark sanchez cant do.

I don't mind the way he calls a game.

I just don't understand...
    -rotating at LG between Slauson and Duccase.
    -Tebow. any of it. I feel like its a wasted position if he's out there lined up as a WR or TE. Either let him take the snap or take him out. 1 yard to go at the goal. THIS is where I thought Tebow would be an asset. But no where to be found.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    good qbs find ways to win. now that schotte is gone we are blaming sparano for what mark sanchez cant do.
    Now you did it! The Sanchez apologists are going to get upset and uninvite you to to the annual pancake social held in California and hosted by their favorite QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Now you did it! The Sanchez apologists are going to get upset and uninvite you to to the annual pancake social held in California and hosted by their favorite QB.
    im actually a sanchez supporter. i also dont talk **** and lie about what i see on the football field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I don't mind the way he calls a game.

I just don't understand...
    -rotating at LG between Slauson and Duccase.
    -Tebow. any of it. I feel like its a wasted position if he's out there lined up as a WR or TE. Either let him take the snap or take him out. 1 yard to go at the goal. THIS is where I thought Tebow would be an asset. But no where to be found.
    100% agree with this. Tebow at WR is a wasted spot. Let him take the snap, or line him up as the H-back.. he isn't scaring anyone as a slot WR

Undrafted Free Agent

Talking

Good qbs do find ways to win ,like Mark showed today.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    100% agree with this. Tebow at WR is a wasted spot. Let him take the snap, or line him up as the H-back.. he isn't scaring anyone as a slot WR

Agreed. Especially because he's generally replacing Kerley when he lines up at WR. I think it's pretty obvious that we want to get Kerley on the field as much as possible. When we have Tebow doing anything other than taking the snap, the Jets are essentially playing 10-on-11

Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Agreed. Especially because he's generally replacing Kerley when he lines up at WR. I think it's pretty obvious that we want to get Kerley on the field as much as possible. When we have Tebow doing anything other than taking the snap, the Jets are essentially playing 10-on-11
    This x1000. I have no idea how many snaps he gets but it probably needs to be more. He's the only one I feel that knows how to catch a ball and actually do something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im actually a sanchez supporter. i also dont talk **** and lie about what i see on the football field.
    Can't succeed in the NFL if you don't have talent around you. Not even Tom Brady can do that.

The only thing I don't like is the Tebow stuff. Everything thing else is good.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    and no connor or Keller and dolphins always plays us tough...this was a huge win topped off by a Patriots loss.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    this team needs more talent but to be 2-0 in the div after three weeks....I'll take it..as bad as the Jets look.....look around the league...they will be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Can't succeed in the NFL if you don't have talent around you. Not even Tom Brady can do that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    and no connor or Keller and dolphins always plays us tough...this was a huge win topped off by a Patriots loss.
    conner doesn't add a single thing to this team. rueland played just as good as conner ever will.

All Pro
    At least Sparano shows some enthusiasm and involvement in the game, as he stands on the sidelines looking at his playsheet. Compared to schotty who stood there staring at it, you had no idea what the situation was from his expression - or if he knew what it was for that matter. Watching Sparano it looks like at least like the wheels are turning in his head and he is evaluating and decision making based on what is going on at that specific moment and game situation. And when the Jets scored no one looked more pumped than him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    At least Sparano shows some enthusiasm and involvement in the game, as he stands on the sidelines looking at his playsheet. Compared to schotty who stood there staring at it, you had no idea what the situation was from his expression - or if he knew what it was for that matter. Watching Sparano it looks like at least like the wheels are turning in his head and he is evaluating and decision making based on what is going on at that specific moment and game situation. And when the Jets scored no one looked more pumped than him.
    Great post, agree with every word.

So far, I'm really happy with a lot of the things Sparano is doing. I love how he actually takes shots downfield, and the overall vertical aspect of his philosophy, which was lost under Schitty.

I don't like a few things, either. Such as his overuse of Greene/underusing McKnight, or his feel of how Tebow should be used. With Tebow, the flow of his playcalling HAS to improve.

Otherwise, like Mike said, the playcalling is not nearly our biggest worry. Sparano's not the greatest, but I MUCH prefer him to Schitty.

Tony has been ok.Much better then Schitty that's for sure

The one adjustment I think he should make.I know it was a bust on the goalline yesterday,but on 3rd and short situations,let Tebow play just have him run the single wing.He's 250 lbs he won't be stopped on 3rd and 1.

He is also hurt by feet of stone Shonn Greene