Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rex laughing on blocked FG attept

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i still havent seen one picture of revis drinking last week. can you provide us all with proof that he was in fact actually drinking? please do, thanks.
    Pictures in a previous thread with drink in hand. It was a ridiculously poor choice for a player who performs at the highest level, college, high school or any level for that matter.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So short sighted. Thought you were better than this. The Steelers played great today and lost in a nail biter. Hard fought till the end. The JETS looked clueless two weeks in a row in every asset of the game, defense, offense, and STs. Their HC laughed at an opposing head coach's misfortune on a play that should of lead to the JETS losing.

But I get it, its the same........
    Yeah I mean,, Sanchez wasn't clutch or anything on 3rd down in the 4th quarter and OT... He sucked!

Better yet, lets just call the NFL front office and forfeit since we did not deserve to win... Even though Miami played worse than we did.

Take the win and shut your pie stuffer!

Pictures in a previous thread with drink in hand. It was a ridiculously poor choice for a player who performs at the highest level, college, high school or any level for that matter.
    i dont think so. unless you can provide actual proof i really think you need to shut it down. thanks

All League
    I've never seen a HC laugh at the opposing team's HC for calling a TO when his own team failed on the play. So unprofessional

But the JETS (and Rex) got lucky, won, so all will be forgotten.

Do you think Rex Ryan will learn from it?

Rex could (should) have:

1) Stayed poised and coached the player, who got beat on the line, during the TO, so it doesn't happen again.

2) Stayed poised and discuss with Westoff what happened on the play to put the player who got beat in a better position to succeed.

Guess it wasnt that important......

Guess it was just easier to laugh....
    Ironic because Rex called an ill advised timeout in the Pats 2007 then undefeated regular season in the waning seconds as the Ravens D coordinator...would've been stopped on 4th down, cost Baltimore the game.

Copernicus...

I have respected you as a poster for years...I've been on the board for years...granted I haven't become a regular around here and have been lurking frankly.

I think you need to give it a rest. I know you don't like Rex. You want an old school coach who does everything in the most respectful way possible. That's awesome, I respect you for that. But Rex is never going to be that kind of coach, he will always wear his emotions on his sleeve. Especially when a coach takes a chance with a time out and it works out in his favor. If you were on the sidelines and you saw that the opposing coach made a FATAL error, would you have a stone face?

Come on, as much as we criticize Rex, he's only human, and there are very few traditional football coaches left out there. Time will tell if his methods are tried and true...but I beg of you...save the bullsh*t until we lose. It will be a LOT more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    Yeah I mean,, Sanchez wasn't clutch or anything on 3rd down in the 4th quarter and OT... He sucked!

Better yet, lets just call the NFL front office and forfeit since we did not deserve to win... Even though Miami played worse than we did.

Take the win and shut your pie stuffer!
    I will take the win. Doesnt mean we can improve on it. The way I look at it, we aint gonna get lucky like we did today against the 49ers and Patriots of the world

BTW, 100% correct that Sanchez came up big, in the clutch. No doubt about it!

Imagine if he had a real HC that recognized (like everyone else does) that putting in Tim Tebow disrupts the flow of the offense?

Imagine if Mark Sanchez had a HC that had real balls, not just words, and refused to put in Tebow even though the owner who knows nothing about football wants back page?

Maybe we wouldnt have to rely on the opposing kicker missing a FG.

Imagine...........

Hall Of Fame
    I will take the win. Doesnt mean we can improve on it. The way I look at it, we aint gonna get lucky like we did today against the 49ers and Patriots of the world

Imagine if he had a real HC that recognized (like everyone else does) that putting in Tim Tebow disrupts the flow of the offense?

Imagine if Mark Sanchez had a HC that had real balls, not just words, and refused to put in Tebow even though the owner who knows nothing about football wants back page?

Imagine...........
    Dont forget Rex is a defensive guy and relies on Sparano to SOLELY run the offense. How much Tebow is used is at the total digression of the offensive coordinator..

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Imagine...........
    If the O came up a lil bigger during the game they just might not have to at the end.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CTJets69 View Post
    Copernicus...

I have respected you as a poster for years...I've been on the board for years...granted I haven't become a regular around here and have been lurking frankly.

I think you need to give it a rest. I know you don't like Rex. You want an old school coach who does everything in the most respectful way possible. That's awesome, I respect you for that. But Rex is never going to be that kind of coach, he will always wear his emotions on his sleeve. Especially when a coach takes a chance with a time out and it works out in his favor. If you were on the sidelines and you saw that the opposing coach made a FATAL error, would you have a stone face?

Come on, as much as we criticize Rex, he's only human, and there are very few traditional football coaches left out there. Time will tell if his methods are tried and true...but I beg of you...save the bullsh*t until we lose. It will be a LOT more appropriate.
    +1

Cop, I'm gonna close this, ok?

Lets beat SF next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    +1

Cop, I'm gonna close this, ok?

Lets beat SF next week.

Lastsies

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post