Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex laughing on blocked FG attept

Rex laughing on blocked FG attept

I've never seen a HC laugh at the opposing team's HC for calling a TO when his own team failed on the play. So unprofessional

But the JETS (and Rex) got lucky, won, so all will be forgotten.

Do you think Rex Ryan will learn from it?

Rex could (should) have:

1) Stayed poised and coached the player, who got beat on the line, during the TO, so it doesn't happen again.

2) Stayed poised and discuss with Westoff what happened on the play to put the player who got beat in a better position to succeed.

Guess it wasnt that important......

Guess it was just easier to laugh....

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude, seriously

Enough

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I've never seen a HC laugh at the opposing team's HC for calling a TO when his own team failed on the play. So unprofessional

Rex could (should) have:

1) Stayed poised and coached the player, who got beat on the line, during the TO, so it doesn't happen again.

2) Stayed poised and discuss with Westoff what happened on the play to put the player who got beat in a better position to succeed.

Dude Relax

How is that unprofessional??

He cheered on the pick-6 too! What's wrong with him??

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dude, seriously

Enough
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike View Post
    Dude Relax
    I'm pretty sure Rex voted for Bloomberg . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dude, seriously

Enough
    Right, because we should be satisfied with the coaching job that the HC did today in preparing for arguably the worst team in the NFL.

I think its worth discussing

Like many on this board, I invest time, energy, and money in this team and I want a leader who does everything in his power to put his players in the best position to succeed

Sorry, but I'd like to see my team get to the SB once in my life after 40 plus years.

If it means criticizing the HC for not taking the team as serious as I think he should than so be it

Rex could (should) have:

I won't even comment on this pile of **** post, but you should be banned for celebrating the injury of our best player. Loser.

Practice Squad
    At least if you're gonna b!tch do it on something worth mentioning.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love how all th a$$ clowns keep harping on the blocked FG, when I saw FG team let up at the sound of the whistle

It was funny though!

:
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rex voted for Bloomberg . . .

All League
    Right, because we should be satisfied with the coaching job that the HC did today in preparing for arguably the worst team in the NFL.

Like many on this board, I invest time, energy, and money in this team and I want a leader who does everything in his power to put his players in the best position to succeed

Sorry, but I'd like to see my team get to the SB once in my life after 40 plus years.

If it means criticizing the HC for not taking the team as serious as I think he should than so be it
    But you don't want to discuss these things. You want to talk about him laughing.

I missed it, so I'm out. I vote "dump."

I'm a Rex fan -- I really believe he bleeds green. But even I agree his coaching has been subpar this year, and his leash deserves to be shortened if he doesn't straighten things out.

But then let's keep the conversation focused on tangible miscues (clock management, play-calling, etc). Hanging your hat on an ill-timed chuckle makes the argument somewhat foolish . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    You want to bash the Jets for this game, sure go ahead, there are a lot of areas where they deserve the criticism.

This however, isn't even close to one.

You have gone full troll and really should be banned for this crap.

All League
    You are on a roll today Copernicus. Rex is unprofessional because he was laughing on the sideline during a timeout. Revis deserved to tear his ACL because he was at a bar watching last week's game.

Weak, weak sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    How is that unprofessional??

He cheered on the pick-6 too! What's wrong with him??
    Typical "homer" response. Just like Rex, deflect the criticism to something that has nothing to do with the specific play in question.

Cheering for his team that succeeded on a play is fine. I am not questioning that.

But it has NOTHING to do with coaching on the last play of OT with the game on the line.

With the game on the line, Rex decided it was appropriate to laugh at the opposing coach instead of coach his own player but somehow criticizing this wrong?

Rex promised that he would get better as a HC.

Is this what he meant?

Laughing at the opposing coach instead of coaching his own player who failed on any play, let alone for a game winning FG attempt is worth questioning.

Shouldn't you be preparing a lesson plan or something?

Veteran
    If you watch the play, you can see that the Jets weren't really blocking because of the whistle they heard. That clearly wasn't an issue on the real field goal attempt.

Hall Of Fame

Rex could (should) have:

There was nothing wrong with laughing there.. If you watch the kick again, the whistles blew WAY before the kicker kicked the ball which contributed to Folk's bad kick.. If I were Folk, I would kick it bad on purpose after hearing whistles