Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEBOW=momentum killer

Jets Insider VIP

TEBOW=momentum killer

Watching the game today alot of things to me were obvious. Greene is to slow. Mark is streaky and Tim is a momentum killer in this offense. if he gains 2 or loses 5 the risk outweighs the reward. how many passes has mr accuracy thrown...zero, so who is he surprising. They put a spy on him when hes in and contain him and hes done, I say cut him now and get rid of the distraction. and powell should be the #1 back. my 2 cents. ill take the ugly win

or trade him for a cb.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Watching the game today alot of things to me were obvious. Greene is to slow. Mark is streaky and Tim is a momentum killer in this offense. if he gains 2 or loses 5 the risk outweighs the reward. how many passes has mr accuracy thrown...zero, so who is he surprising. They put a spy on him when hes in and contain him and hes done, I say cut him now and get rid of the distraction. and powell should be the #1 back. my 2 cents. ill take the ugly win
    My thoughts exactly! I dont understand why we dont use tebow at fullback and have him throw it every once in a while... right now here just burns a down and loses yards each time...

Quote Originally Posted by ryu79 View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I dont understand why we dont use tebow at fullback and have him throw it every once in a while... right now here just burns a down and loses yards each time...
    What makes people think that Tebow is capable of playing fullback on a professional level?

All League
    Jets never had momentum and Sparano's "uptempo" offense is a farce.

Tebow is an open-field runner, not a clusterfuque pile driver.

Not TT's fault Sparano hasn't a clue how to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    What makes people think that Tebow is capable of playing fullback on a professional level?
    His size, speed, and ability to move the pile and or fall forward. Plus the threat of him throwing off of a handoff would be interesting. Can he do it? No idea. Better bet than what we are doing now and less disruptive way to capitalize on what he can do, Imho, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by ryu79 View Post
    His size, speed, and ability to move the pile and or fall forward. Plus the threat of him throwing off of a handoff would be interesting. Can he do it? No idea. Better bet than what we are doing now and less disruptive way to capitalize on what he can do, Imho, yes...
    He has never played a position other than QB.

Not in college, not in high school, not in Pop Warner.

He has never lined up in the backfield and ran a dive play, or led a half back through a hole. He has never picked up a blitz. Never caught a pass.

But, he weighs 250 pounds, so I'm sure he'd be an excellent professional fullback.

Dump. Due to extreme repetition.

Tebow is not being utilized yet.

All Pro
    And your ****ing nuts....Tebow started the offense with his play today.

If you don't like him...fine. But accept the fact he is on this team, and he makes plays. Period. End of story.

All Pro
    Fail.

Tebow didn't disrupt so much as a fart in week 1 when we were "on fire".

I got an idea; STOP looking for people to blame off the field, and start looking at those who are ON THE FIELD

Rookie
    Might have been mentioned by others, cut I was shocked and disappointed they did not put Tebow in when we got the PI call in the endzone to go 1st and goal at the 1.

If we are going to have him, that is the perfect place to use him. We wound up having to settle for 3 (even though Hill should have caught that pass). I actually like Tebow in a set like that.

Meddling owner Woody Johnson has already planted the seed in the coaching staffs head that using more of Tim Tebow is "always' a good thing. It doesnt matter if it disrupts the offense or not. The owner wants it

Hall Of Fame
    I was never a fan of this whole Tebow thing from the begining, but if they are going to use him then should allow him to play at least a full series of downs. Having him come in for one or two plays doesnt do anyone any good. Especially when he gets a negative play and has a 2nd and 15, let him work out of the situation he creates.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I was never a fan of this whole Tebow thing from the begining, but if they are going to use him then should allow him to play at least a full series of downs. Having him come in for one or two plays doesnt do anyone any good. Especially when he gets a negative play and has a 2nd and 15, let him work out of the situation he creates.
    Give this man a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    And your ****ing nuts....Tebow started the offense with his play today.

If you don't like him...fine. But accept the fact he is on this team, and he makes plays. Period. End of story.
    Stop being so defensive. He hasn't been used right so far and when he has been used he has been totally ineffective. End of story! Either figure out how to use him or keep him on the bench. My feeling is he's not good in spot duty, which renders him a non factor unless Sanchez gets hurt. He needs three snaps in a row so he can gain 4 yards, lose 2 yards and then gain 8.

Jets Insider VIP
    The bottom line is this, Tim Tebow as inaccurate as he is, was signed as a backup to sanchez and I assume in the managements eyes to run the wild cat formation. So far the wild cat is extremely ineffective an has been very easy for any opponent to figure out. My personal opinion is that Tebow needs to hold the clipboard and just play on the special teams. So far the wildcat has done nothing but take 1 skill player off the field and install a sub par replacemnet(tebow) thus making it virtually 11 on 10. Tebow is a one trick pony-he can run but they dont trust him to throw and he obviously cannot catch. From the beginning Ive felt that he is not going to help the team, his skillset is limited for a QB and the NY jets are not going to re-invent the wheel. Time to cut bait

Quote Originally Posted by exiledinjersey View Post
    Might have been mentioned by others, cut I was shocked and disappointed they did not put Tebow in when we got the PI call in the endzone to go 1st and goal at the 1.

If we are going to have him, that is the perfect place to use him. We wound up having to settle for 3 (even though Hill should have caught that pass). I actually like Tebow in a set like that.
    +1

I just don't understand it. He gets snaps at slot WR for some ridiculous reason, but you don't put the 250-lb QB in the game when you only have a yard to go?? When your OL gets such a pathetic push like this one does, you need a player that can make it happen themselves in short yardage.

Jets clearly haven't figured out what they're doing with Tebow. For some strange reason, I'm confident that they will, but right now it's almost embarrassing when he comes in the game (except for the fake punt, which was a huge play).

All League
    1) Stop putting Tebow in
    2) Play Bilal Powell more
    3) Get Dustin Keller back
    4) Get Hill to catch passes

...voila, offensive issues fixed

There are sooo many thing wrong with this team, Tebow isn't one of them. Tebow is a non-factor, for the most part he's not harming or hurting the team...

If he were anyone but Tim Tebow we wouldn't even be bring up the handful of plays in which he participated.

From a discussion stand point, and as Jet fans we shouldn't follow the lead of the media and simply treat Tebow as what he is...Brad Smith..

How many Brad Smith threads did we have?

Jets Insider VIP
    He IS hurting ...look how many times hes gained zilch or lost yards.