Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bill Belichick the Dirtbag

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was not assault at all .. He tugged his arm

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Goodell send out a memo to every coach last week warning them about getting after the refs? And of all coaches, Belichick is the one who doesn't comply.

Goodell must be sh!tting himself right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Belichick should at least be suspended for a game for that. That is a no no.

I missed the second half of the game. What calls did the replacement refs blow? I thought they held up well again yesterday. The regular guys piss everyone off too. These guys are just a little slower, but the game is slow b.c of TV anyways.

But I agree, things should get moving now that NE is involved. Kraft is the puppetmaster.
    I'm with this guy on all points.

WTF happened after I Passed out

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Two peanuts sitting at a bar. One was a salted.

Make no mistake this was assault on the person of the Referees. You think that Andy Dufresne could have approached Captain Hadley with a tug on the arm like that? Nooooooo..... I think not. Sixty days in the hole!

Inappropriate touching of the referee. Is there no end to the filth coming out of New England?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't a big deal as far as the contact. And the ref probably should've turned and seen what he wanted. Still, you have to fine him, but to expect more than that is just homerism.

Did anyone else watch Belichick's post-game press conference though? The guy seriously looked as if he had a vodka and Xanax cocktail before walking out there. It was just strange the way he looked even when he wasn't answering questions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They will burn all tapes and give him another shot to win the super bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The referee will probably be forced to apologize for not having immediately genuflected in the presence of the king.

The ball clearly crossed the plane of the uprights inside the post Good call there No reason to get all pissy and assault the ref because your team could not get a stop when they needed one Shameful

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a referee?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Didn't Goodell send out a memo to every coach last week warning them about getting after the refs? And of all coaches, Belichick is the one who doesn't comply.

Goodell must be sh!tting himself right now.
    Belichick must've misinterpreted the memo.

By the way, settling with the real refs now makes the NFL look awful as far as I'm concerned. It's nice that they went half-arsed regarding this problem for so long but NOW they're going to go all out to settle this after the golden boys in New England disagree with the way a game was called? Not sure how the people in Baltimore would feel about that considering what happened to them last week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Belichick must've misinterpreted the memo.

By the way, settling with the real refs now makes the NFL look awful as far as I'm concerned. It's nice that they went half-arsed regarding this problem for so long but NOW they're going to go all out to settle this after the golden boys in New England disagree with the way a game was called? Not sure how the people in Baltimore would feel about that considering what happened to them last week.
    C'mon man Kraft and Goodell are buddies ... Nothing we can due about it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I can see you guys being happy that the pats got screwed by the refs, but a suspension for tugging on a ref's arm AFTER the game?

No matter how the game was called, the pats had a chance to stop them and did not. Season's young.
    how did the Pasts* get screwed?

by having 10 penalties called against them and the Ravens 14?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Here's what happened last night: Bill Belichick wanted to ask the officiating crew if the kick, which appeared to go over right upright, was going to be reviewed. As the officials continued to walk past him without acknowledgement, Belichick grabbed the last one to get his attention. "Bill just wanted an explanation," the source said, "and no one would answer him."
    http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/c...w&code=vRf4eHd

Boo F'in hoo

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't blame Bellicheat at all. The "officiating" in that game was a disgrace for both teams. I thought Harbaugh was about to punch the ref and side judge.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Here's what happened last night: Bill Belichick wanted to ask the officiating crew if the kick, which appeared to go over right upright, was going to be reviewed. As the officials continued to walk past him without acknowledgement, Belichick grabbed the last one to get his attention. "Bill just wanted an explanation," the source said, "and no one would answer him."
    http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/c...w&code=vRf4eHd

Boo F'in hoo
    Maybe the official thought he was just some homeless guy grabbing him. Can't blame him for that. Btw it's in the lead video on ESPN scoreboard so it hasn't been confiscated by the league yet.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats want back those zebras that gave them the tuck rule and let em snow plow the field for the game winning FG. These replacement cats will just let them lose two weeks in a row without doing anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Makes contact with official as game ends......Wonder how this is handled by the NFL
    I was totally entertained watching Belichick get upset and angry often last night. There is no other coach in the NFL that I like to see get so upset.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Belichick really did anything wrong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if rex did this it would be all over the news and the media would be beating it like a drum.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    an assault (and/or battery, depending on which state you're in) is any unwanted touching, however slight. Certainly, there are degrees to it, and this instance is hardly a big deal, legally speaking. NFL rules wise might be a different story.

plus, I just think he was trying to get Kraft's money back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to admit that the entire stadium chanting "Bullsh1t" gave me a chuckle last night. It probably made the refs hold onto their whistles a little bit in the remaining time too. I am sure the refs are not immune to that rather direct form of criticism.