Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bill Belichick the Dirtbag

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Have to admit that the entire stadium chanting "Bullsh1t" gave me a chuckle last night. It probably made the refs hold onto their whistles a little bit in the remaining time too. I am sure the refs are not immune to that rather direct form of criticism.
    they usually ignore that stuff during the broadcast, but it was so obvious it had to be commented on.

Have to admit that the entire stadium chanting "Bullsh1t" gave me a chuckle last night. It probably made the refs hold onto their whistles a little bit in the remaining time too. I am sure the refs are not immune to that rather direct form of criticism.
    That was awesome. One of my favorite parts of what was a very entertaining game. Note that the next few calls went the Ravens way. These refs are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    It was not assault at all .. He tugged his arm
    That's assault ... good thing you don't represent him.

Quote Originally Posted by cdflip78 View Post
    That's assault ... good thing you don't represent him.
    It's actually an assault and battery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is either. He was trying to get the scab ref's attention and tried to grab his arm. The scab ref kept running so he just turned and told Harbaugh good game.
    Wrong. He DID grab his arm. The ref pulled his arm out of BB's grasp and kept running.

You don't physically touch a ref/umpire in ANY sport in the context of an argument or anger.

It IS a big deal. You just don't do that.

Tell us. What would he have accomplished by having a verbal confrontation had the ref stopped? All he would have done is verbally abuse him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    agreed.

let's put it in a football analogy. if you were to throw a flag on BB's arm grab, would it be

A.) Illegal contact downfield
    B.) Pass interference
    C.) Unsportsmanlike conduct

Stop acting like it's C. It's barely A.
    You don't get it either.

YOU DON'T MAKE PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH OFFICIALS IN ANY SPORT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @tunasweasel: Can see refs back next week now. Don't underestimate tonight's mess happening to Robert Kraft's team.

Senior Producer ESPN-NFL
    How long will it take the real refs to get back in game shape?

I see a lot of pulled hammies coming.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I can see you guys being happy that the pats got screwed by the refs, but a suspension for tugging on a ref's arm AFTER the game?

No matter how the game was called, the pats had a chance to stop them and did not. Season's young.
    That makes it okay? That makes it less impactful? That's relevant?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    It was not assault at all .. He tugged his arm
    You're right. It wasn't assault. It was battery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Didn't Goodell send out a memo to every coach last week warning them about getting after the refs? And of all coaches, Belichick is the one who doesn't comply.

Goodell must be sh!tting himself right now.
    Kinda like how he didn't comply with the video memo several years ago.

He feels that he's above the rules.

Thank you for making my morning great!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @FauxJohnMadden: Here's a GIF of Bill Belichick grabbing a replacement ref that has Twitter buzzing. http://t.co/HaKJYW0i

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    an assault (and/or battery, depending on which state you're in) is any unwanted touching, however slight. Certainly, there are degrees to it, and this instance is hardly a big deal, legally speaking. NFL rules wise might be a different story.

plus, I just think he was trying to get Kraft's money back.

HA!!

i dont see the refs as any worse or better than than regular refs they all are human and miss stuff. the way a coach sees it on one side is way different than the coach on the other i saw both guys freaking out last night and i didnt see the bad call there was a lot of interference that was just waht itwas mccourty pulled the guy back just before the ball got there and that was the game did the field goal look good it was close i am sure the ref lookin up saw the best view he needs at least one game off and if i am sean payton i am calling for 4 games the letter was sent and the coach ignored it you can never touch bump or try to restrain a ref in any sport its an automatic ejection

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    i dont see the refs as any worse or better than than regular refs they all are human and miss stuff. the way a coach sees it on one side is way different than the coach on the other i saw both guys freaking out last night and i didnt see the bad call there was a lot of interference that was just waht itwas mccourty pulled the guy back just before the ball got there and that was the game did the field goal look good it was close i am sure the ref lookin up saw the best view he needs at least one game off and if i am sean payton i am calling for 4 games the letter was sent and the coach ignored it you can never touch bump or try to restrain a ref in any sport its an automatic ejection
    You dont see how these refs are worse than the regular ones?

What game are you watching?

True, the regular refs blow calls, but besides from blowing them less frequently (hehe), at least they are decisive, and maintain the flow of the game.

These guys suck, have no confidence, and no overall idea of the rules. It is a joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

True, the regular refs blow calls, but besides from blowing them less frequently (hehe), at least they are decisive, and maintain the flow of the game.

These guys suck, have no confidence, and no overall idea of the rules. It is a joke.
    More delays = more commercials = Happier Networks = No prospective resolution in sight.

Plus you know, controversy stokes the ratings on post game shows too. Ker-ching ker-ching. This may have been about pensions in the beginning but now it is about extending the revenue bonanza.

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    wat

More delays = more commercials = Happier Networks = No prospective resolution in sight.

Plus you know, controversy stokes the ratings on post game shows too. Ker-ching ker-ching. This may have been about pensions in the beginning but now it is about extending the revenue bonanza.
    +1's to you both.

i dont i see the same misssed calls as always blown calls would be a rules mistake show me one of those yes they take longer to come to a decision but they seem to be making the right calls from what i see you may not like the missed holdings and stuff or the hits just out of bounds i actually saw miami use the boundary lines to gain an advantage good for them thats a good job by the players for a heads up play and the jets actually backed off costing them 15 to 20 yrds and a couple of plays blown calls i didnt see one yet and i have from the regular refs if i was in charge i would fire all the regulars and promote these guys and call it a day end of story you will see how fast the holdouts fold up and give in And yes i have been to the Bills game and have seen a few on tv its seemlie the announcers are more focused on it its a good story to fill air time
    Last edited by joe810; 09-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I was totally entertained watching Belichick get upset and angry often last night. There is no other coach in the NFL that I like to see get so upset.
    +1
    I was very amused watching the post game presser. A lot of silence like his usual interviews are. Must of been very uncomfortable. All 10 questions that were asked were so stupid making his blood boil even more. Seeing that made me feel a little better with the whole Revis situation.

I see Jilted Bride Syndrome still reigns supreme on this forum.. What's it been, twelve years?

Maybe some of you ladies should seek therapy.....