Thread: Where We Stand

Where We Stand

At the end of week three (except for GB vs. Seattle tomorrow night) We are 2-1, in first place (I realize it's only week 3-4), and most importantly, we are 2-0 against divisional opponents. I understand a lot has happened in the first three weeks of the season, but they are OVER. We are now going into week 4, at HOME against the 49'ers coming off of a bitter defeat in Minnesota. I know we saw some things (a lot for some) that we didn't like with our team (i.e quarterback, running game, defense) but a lot of these things I believe will improve over the course of the season, especially in the next few weeks. I think Mark will clean up his game significantly, Bilal Powell will see more action, Greene will revert back to his secondary back role, and the receivers (Schillens, Hill, Kerley, Cumberland, and even Holmes) will build better rapport with Sanchez. Not to mention Keller may be back sooner than later. As for the D, we're going to see what Rex is TRULY made of. If he is really this "defensive genius", our defense will be at least top 10 when all is said and done, and I think they need to gel and hit their stride (probably by week[s] 4-6).

All in all, we are so far no better or no worse (roughly) than we thought we would be up until this point. So please, join me in relaxing, looking forward to the game next weekend, remaining confident & strong, and having a little optimism for this team, our Jets.
    Last edited by JacksonHtsJetFan; 09-24-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    At the end of week three (except for GB vs. Seattle tomorrow night) We are 2-1, in first place (I realize it's only week 3-4), and most importantly, we are 2-0 against divisional opponents. I understand a lot has happened in the first three weeks of the season, but they are OVER. We are now going into week 4, at HOME against the 49'ers coming off of a bitter defeat in Minnesota. I know we saw some things (a lot for some) that we didn't like with our team (i.e quarterback, running game, defense) but a lot of these things I believe will improve over the course of the season, especially in the next few weeks. I think Mark will clean up his game significantly, Bilal Powell will see more action, Greene will revert back to his secondary back role, and the receivers will build better rapport with Sanchez. Not to mention Keller may be back sooner than later. As for the D, we're going to see what Rex is TRULY made of. If he is really this "defensive genius", our defense will be at least top 10 when all is said and done, and I think they need to gel and hit their stride (probably by week[s] 4-6).

All in all, we are so far no better or no worse (roughly) than we thought we would be up until this point. So please, join me in relaxing, looking forward to the game next weekend, and remaining confident and strong, and having a little optimism for this team, our Jets.
    Pretty large % of the team to not like right there yet remain confident about going forward lol. I mean ****, guess our blocking on special teams will be enough to carry us through...

Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey View Post
    Pretty large % of the team to not like right there yet remain confident about going forward lol. I mean ****, guess our blocking on special teams will be enough to carry us through...
    Yeah I get that, but none of them are going to stay the same. This is a new system, with a lot of new pieces (offense), and now a defense that may lose it's best player for a good part of the year. I think if we really crank it up, we can achieve an aggressive team on both sides of the ball, who will stay in games till the end and push for a playoff spot. My hopes....

If you're expecting Sanchez to suddenly hit his stride over the next couple weeks considering the opponents we'll be facing, that might be pretty wishful thinking. It might get a lot worse before it gets better. A lot of us have been killing the team for how they played today so the optimistic thread is a good change of pace around here.