Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monday news and Tweets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Makes you wonder if Rex doesn't trust rookies or Coples is not the real deal. It seems like most of our high draft picks are projects or our scouting dept. sucks.
    Where is Ellis?
    Where is the improvement in the defense? No pass rush, and still can't get of the field on third down and can't cover tight ends and come up big when they have to.
    Where is the improvement on offense? Sanchez still not accurate, holds the ball too long, poor at reading defenses, and erratic, running game non existent, etc. Same problems they said they will fix for three years.
    Sanchez looks more and more like a bust. Lacks mental toughness and not a leader. Soft after he gets hit. Give McElroy a shot if Sanchez can't turn it around.
    Either we have a poor coaching staff or the players are inferior and not good enough to be starters in the NFL.
    The only positive I see this year is it looks like we found a punter.
    I go to all the home games and I fear this Sunday will be a disaster. The 49ers will be tougher than Miami.
    I posted this in another thread a few minutes ago:

It could also mean that Rex has no idea as to how to develop young talent. What draft pick has he really developed into a player yet? Just a bunch of question marks and players with "potential" right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

It could also mean that Rex has no idea as to how to develop young talent. What draft pick has he really developed into a player yet? Just a bunch of question marks and players with "potential" right now.
    Here's a novel idea. How about somebody ask him about this? A suspected BS answer is better than no answer at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Here's a novel idea. How about somebody ask him about this? A suspected BS answer is better than no answer at all.
    If I had press credentials I would...If I had contacts within the NFL I'd do some research and a story on it because I think there is alot of validity to it..

The players the Jets have drafted the past few years primarily were drafted were all the "so called experts" had them..

So to me for the majority of these players to not really show much or much improvement from when they were drafted is a coaching staff issue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe this is just me, but other teams seem to have such speed in their front seven. It's a stark contrast to what we show week in and week out. I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating: we brought in Maybin, Davis, and Coples in an effort to get "one step faster" or whatever the phrase was. None of them see the field (except for Coples slightly). Not even on third and long when Rex blitzes every time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez was sacked once and hit 7 times. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill wasn't sacked...and hit just twice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez was sacked once and hit 7 times. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill wasn't sacked...and hit just twice.
    When you play the same old and slow players, I am not sure where we will see a difference in the pass rush. Same story, different day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If I had press credentials I would...If I had contacts within the NFL I'd do some research and a story on it because I think there is alot of validity to it..

The players the Jets have drafted the past few years primarily were drafted were all the "so called experts" had them..

So to me for the majority of these players to not really show much or much improvement from when they were drafted is a coaching staff issue.
    I remember a lot of people thought we stole Kyle Wilson in that draft. A lot of people had him going in the mid teens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I remember a lot of people thought we stole Kyle Wilson in that draft. A lot of people had him going in the mid teens.
    In all fairness, watching tape of Wilson in college he looks great: fast, confident and decisive. I am not sure why he has no mojo here in the NFL . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Goodell taking the public hit for the mess w/the replacements but he's answering to owners calling the shots in Refs negotiation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    What about having top 5 defenses over the last 3 years with the lack of talent around here? Some of you guys really have no clue and just want to hate on everything...
    We were top 5 in points allowed the last 3 years?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you play the same old and slow players, I am not sure where we will see a difference in the pass rush. Same story, different day.
    i guess they need to draft defense in the first 3 rounds again next year to fix it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    In all fairness, watching tape of Wilson in college he looks great: fast, confident and decisive. I am not sure why he has no mojo here in the NFL . . .
    The very first thing Kiper said when we took him was 'he struggles on the deep balls'. That's still his biggest weakness today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

not one since he has been here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Football Mgmt ‏@HowardShatsky
    The NY Jets called to inform me they are releasing DL Marcus Dixon.

Dixon's agent

Could use to move Sapp to the 53 man, or resign BThomas or sign a WR (PTurner) with Hill's hammy...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    According to 10,000 computer simulations of 2012 season, Revisí injury drops Jets chances of making playoffs to 37 percent from 54 percent.

So you are saying there is a chance?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I honestly didn't notice Ducasse, how did he look?
    If you dont notice a o lineman than he did his job, he played well...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Forget Coples. Wilk has been very quiet. Been solid in the run game, but we were told this was going to be a breakout year for him.
    Wilk has been a monster in the run game, at least per PFF (#2 3-4DE in the league, #1 in run defense). Like you said though, not really a pass rush threat though. Coples graded out positively for MIA game and it was due to his pass rush. Guy needs more snaps, let him improve ala Wilk last season. Also Kenrick Ellis is #6 among DT/NT. Our optimism regarding the young DL was not unfounded it would seem.
    Last edited by TheMo; 09-24-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    According to 10,000 computer simulations of 2012 season, Revisí injury drops Jets chances of making playoffs to 37 percent from 54 percent.

So you are saying there is a chance?
    Acoording to 10,000 JI members, Revis injury drops Jets chances of making playoffs to 0% from 0.00000001%

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The answer is NO ONE!!!!!

Herm Edwards was better at developing players

And that is saying something!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Wilk has been a monster in the run game, at least per PFF (#2 3-4DE in the league, #1 in run defense). Like you said though, not really a pass rush threat though. Coples graded out positively for MIA game and it was due to his pass rush. Guy needs more snaps, let him improve ala Wilk last season.
    I have a strong suspicion that Coples wasn't 100%. I think we'll see a lot more of him against San Francisco.