Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monday news and Tweets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez was sacked once and hit 7 times. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill wasn't sacked...and hit just twice.
    Yea but this was Sanchez's fault as well; it was his job to find a way to play against the Jets "elite" defense and then his stat line would improve......

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    As expected, the #Jets have re-signed LB Bryan Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    When you play the same old and slow players, I am not sure where we will see a difference in the pass rush. Same story, different day.
    Exactly, we all expected a better pass rush because we had drafted and picked up faster players...but if they're not playing it's going to be the same slow and old defense.

Only thing is now we can't stop the run either.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    As expected, the #Jets have re-signed LB Bryan Thomas.
    Problem: Too slow in the front 7

Solution: Re-sign an old slow LB

I like Bryan Thomas he was a big part of this team for years, but I was happy when he got cut, thought the Jets were moving on from the old slow guys and getting ready to make the move to speed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I like Bryan Thomas he was a big part of this team for years, but I was happy when he got cut, thought the Jets were moving on from the old slow guys and getting ready to make the move to speed.
    you obviously missed the memo regarding his release. it was to clear a roster spot for Sunday's game. nothing more, nothing less.

rex is in love with his system and wants players who are familiar with it. that's why coples and demario davis sit while eric smith, dixon and bryan thomas play. it's why greene continues to get carries while powell and mcknight sit. rex has nowhere to hide anymore. he can't continue to bench tanny's draft picks and then blame others when his team doesn't look good.

he will help the run defense which has been awfull

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I posted this in another thread a few minutes ago:

It could also mean that Rex has no idea as to how to develop young talent. What draft pick has he really developed into a player yet? Just a bunch of question marks and players with "potential" right now.
    these weren't all his picks, but he certainly developed them, or made them what they are now:
    Pouha
    Devito
    Wilson
    Greene
    Cumberland
    Lowery
    Sanchez
    Wilkerson
    Gilbert
    Maybin
    Sapp (we'll see)
    McIntyre
    Ellis

Jets Insider VIP
    Bryan Thomas is going to be on the field. Yes! Theres another guy that cant get anywhere near the quarterback. Just what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rex is in love with his system and wants players who are familiar with it. that's why coples and demario davis sit while eric smith, dixon and bryan thomas play. it's why greene continues to get carries while powell and mcknight sit. rex has nowhere to hide anymore. he can't continue to bench tanny's draft picks and then blame others when his team doesn't look good.
    Perhaps a level of truth.... but... Coples as rookie is more ready to play than Wilkerson was.... I struggle why there is a need to play Dixon.... Pouha, Ellis, Wilkerson, Devito and Coples...

Greene , Powell and Mcknight all deserve some role in offense.. Greene can be effective, but more so as a rotational back... feature back he is not...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    these weren't all his picks, but he certainly developed them, or made them what they are now:
    Pouha
    Devito
    Wilson
    Greene
    Cumberland
    Lowery
    Sanchez
    Wilkerson
    Gilbert
    Maybin
    Sapp (we'll see)
    McIntyre
    Ellis
    LOL...thank you for proving my point.

Jeane Coakley ‏@JeaneCoakley
    All cameras and reporters huddled around Kyle Wilson's locker. The guy expected to take over for Revis.

Jeane Coakley ‏@JeaneCoakley
    All cameras and reporters huddled around Kyle Wilson's locker. The guy expected to take over for Revis.
    was he facing them or was his back turned to the action as usual?

Hall Of Fame
    He turned around AFTER they left.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Pouha
    Devito
    Wilson
    Greene
    Cumberland
    Lowery
    Sanchez
    Wilkerson
    Gilbert
    Maybin
    Sapp (we'll see)
    McIntyre
    Ellis
    if dissected...that list is NOT impressive for basically 4 years on the job.
    please list the busts and some of the above players make that list......
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-24-2012 at 05:51 PM.

All Pro
    They just cut Dixon. Hopefully Coples will see more time now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    They just cut Dixon. Hopefully Coples will see more time now.
    We shouldn't need to cut a player to get a 1st rounder time.

All Pro
    Just when I thought Davis will actually see some time we resign old man river. Davis looks like a capable blitzer in the Steelers game.Even though he didn't finish but so didn't others but he showed some speed. I know BT is good against the run but in Rex world he leaves him in passing downs.

Shefter: Refs Update

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    NFL executive Jeff Pash sent a memo today to all team executives regarding the collective bargaining with officials. Some passages...:

September 24, 2012

1) There remain significant gaps on the full range of issues – both economic and non-economic. We have told both the game officials and the federal mediator that we are prepared to make reasonable compromises on economic issues provided that we can obtain agreement to operational reforms that we believe will improve the quality and consistency of officiating for the long term.

2) We recognize that the current officials are under unprecedented scrutiny and we are committed to do all we can to help them continue to improve. In the meantime, we will be available to resume negotiations with the union to reach a fair agreement as soon as possible.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/c...w&code=FfD4eYv

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. That is just brutal.

It is also true.