Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Request to all Members

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,001
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So an injured cornerback walks into a bar....
    and Rex Ryan immediately yells, "This is the #1 bar in the NFL! I guarantee it."

    "You take a swipe at one of my drinks and I'll drink two of yours!"

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    and Rex Ryan immediately yells, "This is the #1 bar in the NFL! I guarantee it."

    "You take a swipe at one of my drinks and I'll drink two of yours!"
    LMAO

  3. #23
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,330
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Can we please stop with the childish Darelle Revis bar jokes? Our best player just injured his knee which usually means a long time off of the field and I for one do not think bar jokes are funny or appropriate.
    It is not as if we do not need Darelle to be a playoff contender, right?

    Thanks
    Nobody says ya gotta read'em, much less go into the thread.

    Geez. Lighten up Francis.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    I am glad we won yesterday; I am disappointed/bummed that Revis is hurt and out for the year.

    Attempting to police fans who might display some gallows humor in the face of adversity seems wrong to me.

    This is devastating, the worst injury to happen to a Jets fan since Vinny Testaverde ruptured his achilles ... it's sucks and sometimes a stupid joke is the only consolation.

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    and Rex Ryan immediately yells, "This ! You know, is the #1 bar and stuff, in the NFL! I guarantee it.and all that stuff, you know"

    "You take a You know, swipe at, a you know, one of my drinks and a you know I'll drink two of yours, a you know and that stuff!"
    Fixed

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Can we please stop with the childish Darelle Revis bar jokes? Our best player just injured his knee which usually means a long time off of the field and I for one do not think bar jokes are funny or appropriate.
    It is not as if we do not need Darelle to be a playoff contender, right?

    Thanks
    Darelle Revis showed exactly how much he cares about his team, coaches, and fans, by choosing to go to a bar and drink alcohol in public while his team lost on the road in Pittsburgh.

    You are 100% correct ASH, we shouldn't make a joke about it. Its not funny at all

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    a lot of people yesterday were ready to give back the win, with some "better off losing" posts.

    I agree with you that the Jets need to get better, and fast, if we expect to have a successful season.

    but if the team is gonna be a work in progress, I'll take as many wins as they can get during the "learning" portion of the process. that way we won't be desperately playing catch-up later in the season if/when the team gets it together.
    Good post. Wasted on this unnecessary thread, but good post.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I am glad we won yesterday; I am disappointed/bummed that Revis is hurt and out for the year.

    Attempting to police fans who might display some gallows humor in the face of adversity seems wrong to me.

    This is devastating, the worst injury to happen to a Jets fan since Vinny Testaverde ruptured his achilles ... it's sucks and sometimes a stupid joke is the only consolation.
    Im not buying that this is the "worst thing that could of ever happened." Darrelle Revis made up his mind much earlier that being 100% focussed on winning is not all that he is about. While extremely talented, other teams have lost highly talented players as well and overcame the adversity.

    Maybe, just maybe, the bar incident was just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe Revis is not a team player. Maybe he is only driven by the money and could care less if we win or lose. Its hard to argue that its definitly not the case. Maybe with the absence of Revis, someone else will rise to the top as a leader that this team so desperately needs

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Darelle Revis showed exactly how much he cares about his team, coaches, and fans, by choosing to go to a bar and drink alcohol in public while his team lost on the road in Pittsburgh.

    You are 100% correct ASH, we shouldn't make a joke about it. Its not funny at all
    A rare, but enjoyable, +1 to Copernicus.

  11. #31
    Instead of being at the bar he should have been sitting at home in front of the TV stretching out his ligaments...might have helped. Sorry to see him hurt but things do happen that could be prevented.

  12. #32
    Weed strenghtens ligaments and tendons.

    Legalize Weed, Ban Alcohol.

  13. #33
    He hurt his knee, he isn't dead. Jokes are fine. Carry on.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    He would've been safer watching at a bar and getting sh!tfaced than playing in the rain.

    Too bad he was cleared ... in hindsight.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us